[SPOILERS] Kralkatorrik's model change

So in the trailer for All of Nothing, the final shot shows a brand new model for Kralkatorrik, with a nice full back too. It's very clearly a different model, with different style teeth and everything.

In the final confrontation, Kralkatorrik's model, however, seems to be the same as ever before.

Was the new appearance made for just the trailer? If so, why?

You sure its the same as before? Im not 100% sure about the face but the neck at least is completely diff from the pof finale and much closer to the bit we see in the trailer. Its just more purple indicating the spikes are crystals more so than the grayed out ones we saw in behind the mountains. Those (the ones on the trailer might not even be the ones from his neck and instead be of his back).

Edit some pics of the dragon before and after:

Before Ep5:

https://ronaldk.artstation.com/projects/aqLo0?album_id=672735

After: (Sadly i only have videos of kralk)

1:19 for his face 1:12 for his spikes (cant tell if from his back or neck)

heres a link directly to the final cutscene.

To me personally the 2 look diff, esp in the eyes and the teeth, pre ep5 kralk teeth looks like diff shapes of crystals on his mouth. In the trailer and the story his mouth has more defined fangs.

Looking at the ending, I definitely see the similarity to the trailer. But when the fight starts, his spine and teeth are full out purple like his crystals, and his skin is darker, which made me think it was his original model. But it looks like his model was changed, and the colors change throughout the fight from a "healthy PoF-like" tones to what we see in the trailer (pale, rocky-rather-than-crystal, etc.).

Would still love some artist commentary on the design process all the same.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> Looking at the ending, I definitely see the similarity to the trailer. But when the fight starts, his spine and teeth are full out purple like his crystals, and his skin is darker, which made me think it was his original model. But it looks like his model was changed, and the colors change throughout the fight from a "healthy PoF-like" tones to what we see in the trailer (pale, rocky-rather-than-crystal, etc.).

>

> Would still love some artist commentary on the design process all the same.

The trailer had alot of flashes and fog, we practically get to see his face for a frame or so and thats thanks to a bright flash which soon after hides the screen.

As for the spikes, it might be that the spikes from the trailer are from his back while these are on his neck closer to his face and mouth which he fires magic from, really i just thing the spikes are glowing because they are much closer to where his magic is moving (for example when dragons in films, games etc are about to breathe fire you see their necks glow).

Also it should be noted at the end of the cutscene if you notice kralk's spikes on his head look like rocks, when he "wakes up" tho they change colour to the bright purple indicating magic/ energy inside him is swelling up/moving again in his body.