[Spoilers] About Aurene

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> Out of curiosity, did no one notice that she Branded Kralk? The right side of his face was covered in her blue branding as he was pulling back.

Yes, as Taimi told us during the mission: "Aurene just branded Kralk to the wall!"

> @"Zoid.2568" said:

> Did the branded Caithe even get more powerful or anything useful. I don't think so.

She wasn't "branded", she tells us so herself. She was "transformed" to melt minds with Aurene.

OMG, that just gives me the most awful idea: what if dead Aurene will now use Caithe's body to be able to act in the world of the living? As a vessel, so to speak- :o

> @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> Bringing her back would be cheap writing.

> Those who want her back are the same who cheered for Jon Snow's resurrection. The worst.

Cheap writing would be letting a character die that you’ve spent years on only to have to create some other resolution out of thin air.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > Bringing her back would be cheap writing.

> > Those who want her back are the same who cheered for Jon Snow's resurrection. The worst.

>

> Cheap writing would be letting a character die that you’ve spent years on only to have to create some other resolution out of thin air.

I don't like either idea: her being dead for good, and her being brought back to life somehow. I hope we will only interact with her spirit. But am disappointed with the development at the moment at any rate.

> @"Li Xiaolu.4823" said:

> This shirt:

> ![](https://imgur.com/oLpaWj4.jpg)

Spoiler!? =)

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > Those who want her back are the same who cheered for Jon Snow's resurrection. The worst.

>

> Cheap writing would be letting a character die that you’ve spent years on only to have to create some other resolution out of thin air.

>

>

Prophecies are boring. Almighty heroes are boring. I'm glad she died and I hope she won't come back.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > Out of curiosity, did no one notice that she Branded Kralk? The right side of his face was covered in her blue branding as he was pulling back.

>

> Yes, as Taimi told us during the mission: "Aurene just branded Kralk to the wall!"

No, at the end of the fight Kralk is missing an eye and half his face was blue, that's a bit different that closing up the hole around him so he couldn't get back out... which he ultimately had no difficulty doing anyway

I'm certain she didn't die this is the same kind of dream state they did with the Sylvari training when they removed the UI. Your character in episode 6 will simply wake up come back to where she was and find out Aurene is still there alive and well. I refuse to think Anet had her trained get a new gift and transform a Sylvari into a gentle and kind branded to then to simply die. B)

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> No, at the end of the fight Kralk is missing an eye

Wonder why... did we poke it too much? ;)

> and half his face was blue, that's a bit different that closing up the hole around him so he couldn't get back out... which he ultimately had no difficulty doing anyway

Yes, you are right. This must be from Aurene's last attack then before he killed her.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

>

>

>

i agree, Can't understand all these guys who love seeing good people getting killed , like gw2 already killed lots of em, Eir stegalkin, Snaff, marjory sister, trahearne, Glint, Vlast, demolitionist tonn, our mentor at battle of claw island, Blish, Wynne, taimi days are numbered, zojja .exe stopped working, even Scarlet Briar, hers a story of tragedy its pretty sad what happened to her, plus tyria is already very damaged, idk how many died since zhaitan and Elona is a warzone with branded and kralka corruption everywhere, palawa joke tyranny, the desolation and balthazar incursion, seriously a borderline apocalyptic world like planet of the apes or the "last of us" and people want more of it?

I bet they want cersei lannister getting the iron throne and daenerys defeat with all her dragons dying slowly, is the same people who asked and cheered TwD for killing major characters and years later "meh" they don't care since so many died no one gives a * anymore. For that i watch GoT, TwD, Vikings and any TV-MA rated show, this isnt GoT and it shouldn't be just to please a minority who wants an overdose of drama watching disasters, death and people despair, there's not enough "red weddings" for this particular group, if thats Anet future plans welp GW2 rating should change and the name to something more suitable like "world of chaos" or "the end of tyria". So they better bring back our dragon like jon snow resurrection or gandalf the white, if doesn't happen this game gonna be very depressing for a long time.

i kno im overreacting we dont know what Anet is preparing for us but the way how they ended this last episode indeed gave us "nothing" of hope, at least in GoT when jon died u knew daenerys was around, and melisandre was an option, with LWS4 episode 5 literally there's nothing left, that was tyria last chance against kralka (not counting the "joko's magic theory or cantha coming to rescue us and tengus attacking kralka) like the commander said "i dont know" well we dont know either so yeah that was good writing, we got the same sensation of despair, sadness and no idea about what to do next, my point is, leaving us like that in future episodes? nope no thx, we need a resolution and leaving the "hope" death (so far she was the last hope) with more tragedy ahead is not the gw2 i want

> @"locoporesa.2864" said:

> Can't understand all these guys who love seeing good people getting killed , like gw2 already killed lots of em, Eir stegalkin, Snaff, marjory sister, trahearne, Glint, Vlast, demolitionist tonn, our mentor at battle of claw island, Blish, Wynne, taimi days are numbered, zojja .exe stopped working, even Scarlet Briar, hers a story of tragedy its pretty sad what happened to her, plus tyria is already very damaged, idk how many died since zhaitan and Elona is a warzone with branded and kralka corruption everywhere, palawa joke tyranny, the desolation and balthazar incursion, seriously a borderline apocalyptic world like planet of the apes or the "last of us" and people want more of it?

You have a valid point there. If it wasn't for the awesome way the finale has been presented, more people would have complained about the decision. It is just to drag the story on further, and it's been too long already. Tyria needs healing and we need a different subject for a main story than ravaging gods and dragons. It doesn't always have to be an "end of the world" scenario to make for good story-telling. On the contrary, often the smaller scale adventures are the more interesting ones (look at GW1's Kilbourn^, Joko, Shiro Tagashi, the Nornbear). And Tyria has so much to offer in terms of culture and history! Make something good of _that_, spare us the repetitive plots.

^) _Okay, Kilbourn was a "larger scale" adventure, because he did threaten Tyria's excistence. But he still was no dragon, vital for the balance of the world._ ;)

> @"Noa.7490" said:

> Aurene is dead. Dead as a door nail. Simple reason: shock value + unexpected outcome.

The more I think about it, the less I believe that, and the prospect doesn't bode well with me. It gives me the same uneasy feeling as the awful two LWS3 final episodes, which I could not take seriously, neither the characters nor the writing: Balthazar and magi-tech? A funny looking Primordus whom we quickly send off to bed? Funny magic balls flighing around that we need to catch in order to put two dogs to sleep? C'mon! (And then we also had to deal with an annoying Livia, whom I remember to act much more maturely in GW1, and all that secrecy over a trifle matter that had no impact on _our_ issues, which was rather laughable once revealed as were the Shining Blade headquarters and the initiation rituals, and the whole Lazarus disguise and pseudo-drama when his real identity was revealed, and a self-absorbed lunatic as the leader of the White Mantle who didn't seem to have the slightest bit of wits and shouldn't have been in the mental position to even lead a group of ants if he wanted to... terrible stuff.)

> @"Noa.7490" said:

> Aurene is dead. Dead as a door nail. Simple reason: shock value + unexpected outcome.

I'd have to disagree as well. Character deaths can be used as shock value, and if that is the only case then it's poor writing. However without knowing what the story is in the future, we can't say for sure whether it's just for shock value or not. Depends on the future.

I would say this about Aurene:

It is not because Aurene died that her magic is gone. And her magic still lives through Caithe because she absorbed the magic of Palawa Joko imo.

Caithe might have lost her connection with Aurene but it the end she still became a minion of Aurene.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> I would say this about Aurene:

>

> It is not because Aurene died that her magic is gone. And her magic still lives through Caithe because she absorbed the magic of Palawa Joko imo.

> Caithe might have lost her connection with Aurene but it the end she still became a minion of Aurene.

Well when Zhaitan died it didn't mean the undead weren't still infesting ore. All it did was open up a way for others to cleanse the undead or re-purpose them. Same thing with Mordremoth. Minions don't just die if their master dies.

I hope they don't bring her back. It would ruin so much of the emotion. This episode added a sense of boldness and fragility that I haven't felt in awhile in this game, and now I'm actually interested in the writing again. I think if this is the real end for Aurene, we'll see a lot of players appreciating Path of Fire more and playing through the living story content again just to spend some more time with our special little scion.

> @"Jaunty.6018" said:

> I hope they don't bring her back. It would ruin so much of the emotion. This episode added a sense of boldness and fragility that I haven't felt in awhile in this game, and now I'm actually interested in the writing again. I think if this is the real end for Aurene, we'll see a lot of players appreciating Path of Fire more and playing through the living story content again just to spend some more time with our special little scion.

It will really depend on how they handle the next few episodes. If they immediately bring her back (In my opinion) make it feel like this episode was filler because 'Why kill her if you're just going to bring her back in 3 months?' Character deaths should be used sparingly and if it is used, bringing people back should be even more sparingly. Mostly because you remove the emotional risk of death if characters have obviously perceived plot armor. Again, it really depends on how it's handled. Personally I want her to come back, but I wouldn't mind if it's a year from now so that we truly believe she is dead before bringing her back.