Dragon Blood weapon collections

There is a collection for all exotic dragon blood weapons that gives the title "Journeyman of the Forge"

doing one of the small achievements you unlock after that give "Master of the Forge"

but there doesn't seem to be any collection for collecting all the ascended dragon blood weapons. I hope this is an oversight. The title should be called "Grandmaster of the Forge"

Wait. Since I can't start the collection yet due to a lack of Laurels^, I have a question @"Malediktus.9250":

Do I have to craft _all_ exotic versions first to be able to start with one of the ascended weapons? :o

^) _Please, dear devs, add a second means of payment - some of us really have no Laurels at our disposal at this time._

No, you can unlock the achievements for 5g and 100 branded mass (you have to do this for each of the 16 weapon times if you want them all) to start working on the ascended weapon after crafting the exotic one.

It seems to cost a total of about 3300 branded mass, 880g (pure gold, mats are extra) and 96 serpentine jewels to get all ascended dragon blood weapons. So I am unsure why Anet missed to add a collection for such a longterm goal which would keep the map alive for a longer time.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> No, you can unlock the achievements for 5g and 100 branded mass (you have to do this for each of the 16 weapon times if you want them all) to start working on the ascended weapon after crafting the exotic one.

> It seems to cost a total of about 3300 branded mass, 880g (pure gold, mats are extra) and 96 serpentine jewels to get all ascended dragon blood weapons. So I am unsure why Anet missed to add a collection for such a longterm goal which would keep the map alive for a longer time.

maybe its a hidden achievement after you get all the ascended weapon skins unlocked ;)

> @"amortito.1904" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > No, you can unlock the achievements for 5g and 100 branded mass (you have to do this for each of the 16 weapon times if you want them all) to start working on the ascended weapon after crafting the exotic one.

> > It seems to cost a total of about 3300 branded mass, 880g (pure gold, mats are extra) and 96 serpentine jewels to get all ascended dragon blood weapons. So I am unsure why Anet missed to add a collection for such a longterm goal which would keep the map alive for a longer time.

>

> maybe its a hidden achievement after you get all the ascended weapon skins unlocked ;)

Well we’ll know by Friday whether that’s true or not. Typically collections become available though once you’ve acquired something that goes to them.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"amortito.1904" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > No, you can unlock the achievements for 5g and 100 branded mass (you have to do this for each of the 16 weapon times if you want them all) to start working on the ascended weapon after crafting the exotic one.

> > > It seems to cost a total of about 3300 branded mass, 880g (pure gold, mats are extra) and 96 serpentine jewels to get all ascended dragon blood weapons. So I am unsure why Anet missed to add a collection for such a longterm goal which would keep the map alive for a longer time.

> >

> > maybe its a hidden achievement after you get all the ascended weapon skins unlocked ;)

>

> Well we’ll know by Friday whether that’s true or not. Typically collections become available though once you’ve acquired something that goes to them.

The chance that this collection exists at the moment is pretty much 0

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"amortito.1904" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > No, you can unlock the achievements for 5g and 100 branded mass (you have to do this for each of the 16 weapon times if you want them all) to start working on the ascended weapon after crafting the exotic one.

> > > > It seems to cost a total of about 3300 branded mass, 880g (pure gold, mats are extra) and 96 serpentine jewels to get all ascended dragon blood weapons. So I am unsure why Anet missed to add a collection for such a longterm goal which would keep the map alive for a longer time.

> > >

> > > maybe its a hidden achievement after you get all the ascended weapon skins unlocked ;)

> >

> > Well we’ll know by Friday whether that’s true or not. Typically collections become available though once you’ve acquired something that goes to them.

>

> The chance that this collection exists at the moment is pretty much 0

Most likely based on how other collections unlock. I’ll know for certain by the end of the week unless someone else is further along that had better RNG.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > The chance that this collection exists at the moment is pretty much 0

> Are you saying you've completed all 16 exotics, all 16 vision thing collections, and crafted all 16 ascended?

>

no, based on all existing collections. None of them unlock after having the whole set, at worst they unlock by consuming an item or unlocking the first skin

> There is a collection for all exotic dragon blood weapons that gives the title "Journeyman of the Forge"

> doing one of the small achievements you unlock after that give "Master of the Forge"

> but there doesn't seem to be any collection for collecting all the ascended dragon blood weapons. I hope this is an oversight. The title should be called "Grandmaster of the Forge"

Prbly not. It is the same with the istan weapon set. No collection for the ascended ones as far as i know. But at least it is a long term goal not obtainable by simply throwing gold at the tp.

• ArenaNet Staff

> There is a collection for all exotic dragon blood weapons that gives the title "Journeyman of the Forge"

> doing one of the small achievements you unlock after that give "Master of the Forge"

> but there doesn't seem to be any collection for collecting all the ascended dragon blood weapons. I hope this is an oversight. The title should be called "Grandmaster of the Forge"

I love that you would be willing to chase that down! As others have mentioned however, we decided against this due to the fact that we thought gating a title and achievement behind something so large would be painful to players. :)

> Why are open world players not "allowed" to have such long achievements/collections? It is still short compared to most WvW achievements or say 10k wins in pvp or fractal god.

PvE has far more achievements, with far more moving parts. There simply aren't that many things to achieve in WvW, so extending the duration to ridiculous levels is the only way to keep them on the radar. I actually preferred the yak slapper to be practically impossible, because it meant you could keep working on it forever.

As with most things in the game, look at the entire balance, not just compare one achievement to another (or even one category to another).

PS Fractal God is a super long achievement. As is Giant Slayer (easier now, though) and off-hand weapon chieves. Any of those can be farmed to be quicker, but none will be anything short of "really long term efforts" without major dedication outside of normal gameplay.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Why are open world players not "allowed" to have such long achievements/collections? It is still short compared to most WvW achievements or say 10k wins in pvp or fractal god.

>

> PvE has far more achievements, with far more moving parts. There simply aren't that many things to achieve in WvW, so extending the duration to ridiculous levels is the only way to keep them on the radar. I actually preferred the yak slapper to be practically impossible, because it meant you could keep working on it forever.

>

> As with most things in the game, look at the entire balance, not just compare one achievement to another (or even one category to another).

>

> PS Fractal God is a super long achievement. As is Giant Slayer (easier now, though) and off-hand weapon chieves. Any of those can be farmed to be quicker, but none will be anything short of "really long term efforts" without major dedication outside of normal gameplay.

I view it from a veteran point of view. Finishing new content is much faster than Anet can create new content, so it makes sense to stretch that new content with optional goals as much as possible. It is better for the longterm health of a new map if veterans need 3 months to finish everything instead of a few days.

Besides that a title only has value if it took considerable effort in some way to get. There are already too many good titles behind trivial tasks (best example are the legendary mordrem related titles in the silverwastes) that anyone can do in a few minutes.

> I view it from [my personal] point of view. Finishing new content [for me] is much faster than Anet can create new content, so it makes sense [to me] to stretch that new content with optional goals as much as possible. It is better for ~~the~~ [my] longterm ~~health~~ [enjoyment] of a new map if [i need] need 3 months to finish everything instead of a few days.

> Besides that a title only has value [to me] if it took considerable effort [on my part] ~~in some way~~ to get. There are already too many ~~good~~ titles [i like] behind trivial tasks (best example are the legendary mordrem related titles in the silverwastes) that anyone can do in a few minutes.

Fixed that for us all.

I like having some easy chieves; I don't like hardly anything that _requires_ consistent repetition of the same action/activity. Titles have value to me for all sorts of reasons, and "dedication to a cause" is almost never one of them. We simply like different sorts of things, even though we are both veterans and both with enough AP to be considered "fanatical" rather than just fans of the game.

Many like to point to Istan as a map with "great repeatable content" and Draconis Mons as a map with a good reason for people to keep returning. But for me, those maps are boring for exactly the same reasons that others enjoy them. I really dislike needing to seek out ground chests during the Istani metas and I don't enjoy competing with others to tag foes for loot. The first 3-4 days of repeating DM hearts was interesting as I figured out how to speed it up, but after that, it was just dull, really dully for me. Those are not, for me, shining examples of ANet doing great repeatable content.

But I'm okay that others find them fun, because it's a huge game with plenty for everyone to do.

I mean you can even get the map currencies via WvW and PvP reward tracks, so there are alternative ways to get map currency if you got bored of the map. But I think you can farm about 60 map currency per day (both metas, 4 hearts, use light of deldrimor and nodes you randomly get across) with just one hour time investment per day (not counting afk time). So even if you just do the bare minimum on the map for 42 days you will unlock all exotic skins and unlock the ability to craft all the ascended ones. That does not seem bad to me considering it will take more than twice that amount of time to get the next episode.

But yes, I realize most hardcore AP hunters already quit the game and of those who are left I seem to be the only one who actively uses the forum (speaking of EU, I don't spend attention to NA megaserver).

> @"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:

> > There is a collection for all exotic dragon blood weapons that gives the title "Journeyman of the Forge"

> > doing one of the small achievements you unlock after that give "Master of the Forge"

> > but there doesn't seem to be any collection for collecting all the ascended dragon blood weapons. I hope this is an oversight. The title should be called "Grandmaster of the Forge"

>

> I love that you would be willing to chase that down! As others have mentioned however, we decided against this due to the fact that we thought gating a title and achievement behind something so large would be painful to players. :)

You technically could not get this achievement anyway, since the episode was launched with several of the ascended weapons collections being broken.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > @"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > There is a collection for all exotic dragon blood weapons that gives the title "Journeyman of the Forge"

> > > doing one of the small achievements you unlock after that give "Master of the Forge"

> > > but there doesn't seem to be any collection for collecting all the ascended dragon blood weapons. I hope this is an oversight. The title should be called "Grandmaster of the Forge"

> >

> > I love that you would be willing to chase that down! As others have mentioned however, we decided against this due to the fact that we thought gating a title and achievement behind something so large would be painful to players. :)

>

> You technically could not get this achievement anyway, since the episode was launched with several of the ascended weapons collections being broken.

Yes which was an unfortunate issue, but we very quickly fixed that and the achievement is now unblocked. Yay game development! :)

> @"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:

> > @"Rhein.8197" said:

> > > @"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > There is a collection for all exotic dragon blood weapons that gives the title "Journeyman of the Forge"

> > > > doing one of the small achievements you unlock after that give "Master of the Forge"

> > > > but there doesn't seem to be any collection for collecting all the ascended dragon blood weapons. I hope this is an oversight. The title should be called "Grandmaster of the Forge"

> > >

> > > I love that you would be willing to chase that down! As others have mentioned however, we decided against this due to the fact that we thought gating a title and achievement behind something so large would be painful to players. :)

> >

> > You technically could not get this achievement anyway, since the episode was launched with several of the ascended weapons collections being broken.

>

> Yes which was an unfortunate issue, but we very quickly fixed that and the achievement is now unblocked. Yay game development! :)

Will we see the fixes today or on Tuesday?

Shouldn't this achievement be put into the collections section instead of the story? Its bugging my ocd that it will cost 900g and alot of time invested for a "story" achievement when in fact its collecting all 16 weapons, no story related. Now it will be my only story achievement not done because im not dropping 900g for 16 ap, rants over.

Definitely belongs in the collections category.

> @"Cook.4812" said:

> Shouldn't this achievement be put into the collections section instead of the story? Its bugging my ocd that it will cost 900g and alot of time invested for a "story" achievement when in fact its collecting all 16 weapons, no story related. Now it will be my only story achievement not done because im not dropping 900g for 16 ap, rants over.

>

> Definitely belongs in the collections category.

same problem with the armor collection on the jahai map

> > @"Cook.4812" said:

> > Shouldn't this achievement be put into the collections section instead of the story? Its bugging my ocd that it will cost 900g and alot of time invested for a "story" achievement when in fact its collecting all 16 weapons, no story related. Now it will be my only story achievement not done because im not dropping 900g for 16 ap, rants over.

> >

> > Definitely belongs in the collections category.

>

> same problem with the armor collection on the jahai map

yeah but i feel like that armor collection is easily doable. Im working on it now, basically you pick the set you want and craft the other 2 on alt characters. Then the rest of it is just map farming. No 900 gold required. So just do your dailies on the map each day and get 50-100 lumps and you can have all the armor in 13-26 days if you wanted.

But yes i do agree that it is nothing story related and does also belong as a "collection" achievement.