Why no griffon adventure on the new map?

Verticallity was def a selling point of this update and im certain theres somewhere an article mentioning how griffon friendly this map is.

You can imagine my surprise and dissapointment when i learned theres no griffon adcenture on the map. The combo seems so perfect, it feel like u didnt put one in on purpose.

I used to dislike the griffon adventures until I became more comfortable controlling the griffon and utilizing its flying skills more accurately. Now that I've mastered the technique, I find the griffon adventures a lot of fun, even if I don't necessarily replay them that often. I'd assume most players who turn away from them are players who have not fully learnt how to properly control the griffon. But to each his own. I did miss seeing the griffon adventures in the new map, even though the two new adventures were fun and slightly challenging.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Verticallity was def a selling point of this update and im certain theres somewhere an article mentioning how griffon friendly this map is.

>

> You can imagine my surprise and dissapointment when i learned theres no griffon adcenture on the map. The combo seems so perfect, it feel like u didnt put one in on purpose.

I'm glad you asked that! We felt that tonely it didn't make much sense to have things like races or griffon adventures. The map was really focused on the supply lines and the war between Kralk and the Pact. By removing races off our plates, we were able to make more content that better fit the theme of the map. For example, Sergei's adventure.

We did try to put other fun things for mounts to do in the map like the Underworld's Angels achievement and the various explorable areas that a Griffon can get to.

> @"Clayton Kisko.5207" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Verticallity was def a selling point of this update and im certain theres somewhere an article mentioning how griffon friendly this map is.

> >

> > You can imagine my surprise and dissapointment when i learned theres no griffon adcenture on the map. The combo seems so perfect, it feel like u didnt put one in on purpose.

>

> I'm glad you asked that! We felt that tonely it didn't make much sense to have things like races or griffon adventures. The map was really focused on the supply lines and the war between Kralk and the Pact. By removing races off our plates, we were able to make more content that better fit the theme of the map. For example, Sergei's adventure.

>

> We did try to put other fun things for mounts to do in the map like the Underworld's Angels achievement and the various explorable areas that a Griffon can get to.

Maybe an adventure where the commander had to use the griffon to fly from point a to point b to get supplies to the pact because the other routes were blocked or smth. Fits with the setting of the map.

Theres deff a number of cool stuff but i feel like as this was the first se3/hot like vertical map there had to be something for griffon to shine.

I also feel the same with bounties to some extend. Surely, having a bounty board for key branded enemies which make the pact's life hard for us to take down would make sense.

It it really is a huge shame with how u treat maps now in se4 that we will prob not see things like that until a diff map in the future.

Thanks for the insight tho ^^