Reaper feels "slower" than it used to?

Nerah.8235

I don't follow the patch notes and updates very seriously, but have the reaper professional skills and/or greatsword skills had either: 1) activation times (cast times) increased with the last patch, or 2) aftercast times increased somehow? I can't put my finger on it, but all of the cleaving attacks seem to be much more sluggish than they were previously. I used to have no problem doing RS3, RS3, RS4, then select a good away-from-melee target RS2, RS5, RS1 it to death. Now, the RS3 creation, explosion takes forever (and may not even activate the explosion part), and the wind up for RS4 just seems to stretch beyond the horizon. Even the RS2 leap takes so long to start that I sometimes take an enormous amount of enemy burst trying to use it to escape a bad situation, and using RS5 post leap doesn't seem to work very well anymore (used to be able to combo it with RS2 so well that it "looked" like a combo from a fighting game).

Am I missing something? The same stuff seems to happen with GS5 into GS3. I used to "pull" and then "drill" to get vuln stacks up, but half the time now, GS3 doesn't go off, or goes off waayyyy late. Anyone else having these issues?

> @"Nerah.8235" said:

> I don't follow the patch notes and updates very seriously, but have the reaper professional skills and/or greatsword skills had either: 1) activation times (cast times) increased with the last patch, or 2) aftercast times increased somehow? I can't put my finger on it, but all of the cleaving attacks seem to be much more sluggish than they were previously. I used to have no problem doing RS3, RS3, RS4, then select a good away-from-melee target RS2, RS5, RS1 it to death. Now, the RS3 creation, explosion takes forever (and may not even activate the explosion part), and the wind up for RS4 just seems to stretch beyond the horizon. Even the RS2 leap takes so long to start that I sometimes take an enormous amount of enemy burst trying to use it to escape a bad situation, and using RS5 post leap doesn't seem to work very well anymore (used to be able to combo it with RS2 so well that it "looked" like a combo from a fighting game).

>

> Am I missing something? The same stuff seems to happen with GS5 into GS3. I used to "pull" and then "drill" to get vuln stacks up, but half the time now, GS3 doesn't go off, or goes off waayyyy late. Anyone else having these issues?

No there hasn't been any changes to cast or aftercast time. Is possible that you might have swapped out reaper's onslaught which removes the quickness since that improves cast time.

> @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> its a necro nerf so probably happened some time, there has been so many nerfs to necro they are all just a blur so probably yes there was some increase cast times etc in the past. but necro has been nerfed every balance patch so hay, nothing new am I right?

What the hell are you talking about, reaper haven't received any cast time nerfs since it's introduction.

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > @"Nerah.8235" said:

> > I don't follow the patch notes and updates very seriously, but have the reaper professional skills and/or greatsword skills had either: 1) activation times (cast times) increased with the last patch, or 2) aftercast times increased somehow? I can't put my finger on it, but all of the cleaving attacks seem to be much more sluggish than they were previously. I used to have no problem doing RS3, RS3, RS4, then select a good away-from-melee target RS2, RS5, RS1 it to death. Now, the RS3 creation, explosion takes forever (and may not even activate the explosion part), and the wind up for RS4 just seems to stretch beyond the horizon. Even the RS2 leap takes so long to start that I sometimes take an enormous amount of enemy burst trying to use it to escape a bad situation, and using RS5 post leap doesn't seem to work very well anymore (used to be able to combo it with RS2 so well that it "looked" like a combo from a fighting game).

> >

> > Am I missing something? The same stuff seems to happen with GS5 into GS3. I used to "pull" and then "drill" to get vuln stacks up, but half the time now, GS3 doesn't go off, or goes off waayyyy late. Anyone else having these issues?

>

> No there hasn't been any changes to cast or aftercast time. Is possible that you might have swapped out reaper's onslaught which removes the quickness since that improves cast time.

>

> > @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> > its a necro nerf so probably happened some time, there has been so many nerfs to necro they are all just a blur so probably yes there was some increase cast times etc in the past. but necro has been nerfed every balance patch so hay, nothing new am I right?

>

> What the hell are you talking about, reaper haven't received any cast time nerfs since it's introduction.

necros in general have been nerfed since HoT relese, and yes reaper did get nerfed a plenty, remember how chill used to do damage itself? there were plenty of other nerfs a LONG time ago to REAPER specifically but every balance change there is either all or most necro nerfs in EVERY BALANCE PATCH since HoT release

> @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > > @"Nerah.8235" said:

> > > I don't follow the patch notes and updates very seriously, but have the reaper professional skills and/or greatsword skills had either: 1) activation times (cast times) increased with the last patch, or 2) aftercast times increased somehow? I can't put my finger on it, but all of the cleaving attacks seem to be much more sluggish than they were previously. I used to have no problem doing RS3, RS3, RS4, then select a good away-from-melee target RS2, RS5, RS1 it to death. Now, the RS3 creation, explosion takes forever (and may not even activate the explosion part), and the wind up for RS4 just seems to stretch beyond the horizon. Even the RS2 leap takes so long to start that I sometimes take an enormous amount of enemy burst trying to use it to escape a bad situation, and using RS5 post leap doesn't seem to work very well anymore (used to be able to combo it with RS2 so well that it "looked" like a combo from a fighting game).

> > >

> > > Am I missing something? The same stuff seems to happen with GS5 into GS3. I used to "pull" and then "drill" to get vuln stacks up, but half the time now, GS3 doesn't go off, or goes off waayyyy late. Anyone else having these issues?

> >

> > No there hasn't been any changes to cast or aftercast time. Is possible that you might have swapped out reaper's onslaught which removes the quickness since that improves cast time.

> >

> > > @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> > > its a necro nerf so probably happened some time, there has been so many nerfs to necro they are all just a blur so probably yes there was some increase cast times etc in the past. but necro has been nerfed every balance patch so hay, nothing new am I right?

> >

> > What the hell are you talking about, reaper haven't received any cast time nerfs since it's introduction.

>

> necros in general have been nerfed since HoT relese, and yes reaper did get nerfed a plenty, remember how chill used to do damage itself? there were plenty of other nerfs a LONG time ago to REAPER specifically but every balance change there is either all or most necro nerfs in EVERY BALANCE PATCH since HoT release

First of all he is talking about cast time nerfs on shroud and gs which literally never happened. In fact they only buffed it with shaving afterchast. Second no there has not been necro nerfs in EVERY BALANCE PATCH since HoT. You are mad, cool I don't really give a shit. But is hyperbole like this that makes people think you are some ranting kid instead of a person trying to make a rational argument.

My guess is that you've played other professions with GS and then returned to the reaper GS. Yes, the reaper's GS skills are slow compared to other profession's GS skills and that is since HoT launch. However, the attack speed wasn't nerfed in any way since launch (If anything some skills may activate faster than they used to).

> @"Nerah.8235" said:

> I don't follow the patch notes and updates very seriously, but have the reaper professional skills and/or greatsword skills had either: 1) activation times (cast times) increased with the last patch, or 2) aftercast times increased somehow? I can't put my finger on it, but all of the cleaving attacks seem to be much more sluggish than they were previously. I used to have no problem doing RS3, RS3, RS4, then select a good away-from-melee target RS2, RS5, RS1 it to death. Now, the RS3 creation, explosion takes forever (and may not even activate the explosion part), and the wind up for RS4 just seems to stretch beyond the horizon. Even the RS2 leap takes so long to start that I sometimes take an enormous amount of enemy burst trying to use it to escape a bad situation, and using RS5 post leap doesn't seem to work very well anymore (used to be able to combo it with RS2 so well that it "looked" like a combo from a fighting game).

>

> Am I missing something? The same stuff seems to happen with GS5 into GS3. I used to "pull" and then "drill" to get vuln stacks up, but half the time now, GS3 doesn't go off, or goes off waayyyy late. Anyone else having these issues?

If you wanna do this combo, you need to stow your weapon, after the claws of gs5 went out, to remove the aftercast of this skill.

Or you cancel gs5 aftercast by spamming/using gs4 immediately after gs5.

I got more the problem, that I randomly get enemies in target when I use reapershroud2 to get some distance, or I loose target, when I want to hit someone with it. Autotargetting toggled on or off doesn't matter

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Reaper did not become slower. The game in general became faster. Quickness is more present than ever before and reaper is pretty much unplayable without traiting onslaught.

>

> Even dagger feels slow these days.

Would be nice if it had the same treatment as thief dagger did back near HoT release.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> My guess is that you've played other professions with GS and then returned to the reaper GS. Yes, the reaper's GS skills are slow compared to other profession's GS skills and that is since HoT launch. However, the attack speed wasn't nerfed in any way since launch (If anything some skills may activate faster than they used to).

Sadly, I have played no other professions: I tend to get very committed to a single play style/class/profession in games like this.