Left in a odd place. Why is the commander so apathetic? (spoilage)

I just finished my second play threw of the new content and I am a tad off put by one thing in the ending. We walk up and we see the impaled and mangled corpse of someone we share a strong magical link with and the closest thing to a response to it is "Caithe your flowers" it points out in general a trend I have noticed with the commander a complete lack of proper emotional responses. Another example would be an Asura commander in no way responding at all to overtly insulting things said about there race in both Heart of thorns and even season 4 Episode 3.

Are the lack of a emotional response a issue with writing budget or is the commander some kind of Psychopath?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> I think the flowers were the costst visualisation of aurene's status, whether shes alive or not.

>

> So us noticing how the flowes went poof might be solidifying our fears that aurene is trully gone.

>

> As for the in general silent reaction id assume is because of the shock.

Not sure about it. We always just used Aurene as a useful tool and it is probably better if she is dies before becoming a full grown monster like the other dragons.

And why would the commander be shocked? That would be the first time in 6+ years

Minimising pc emotion is a safe option. Not all of us connected with aurene or empathise with her passing. So whilst some remorse needs communicating so as to not be too jarring, it is better to keep it minimalistic.

Emotional responses are better kept to npcs who are defined characters which the pc is not