New Revenant's E-Spec Weapon - What would be your choice?

DonArkanio.6419

Well, I don't think Revenant needs a strict support Spec but something closer to the **Tempest** (thematically upgrading core class). I'd say that we might see something that works with Jalis and Ventari. Or maybe something totally new!

For sure Revenant doesn't need another power/condi Spec at the moment.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

I don't think revenant needs another support spec. Herald is boonshare and kalla is a enhancer that only performs at 100% with other people in the group.

> @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> Well, I don't think Revenant needs a strict support Spec but something closer to the **Tempest** (thematically upgrading core class). I'd say that we might see something that works with Jalis and Ventari. Or maybe something totally new!

>

> For sure Revenant doesn't need another power/condi Spec at the moment.

>

I agree with not needing another condi spec, but I disagree with the power spec. We currently don't have a real power elite spec.

I think revenant should've been strictly melee. Saying that, I'd like a new E spec that at least plays around the revenant's theme, when I look at the wiki image for rev immediately a high mobility great sword, sword and dagger wielder with lots of evasion/dashes comes to mind. Like the archetypical "blind samurai", using the shadowy mists for both mobility and evasions. I love sword + axe skills but feel like the axe should be a dagger as mace, hammer, staff and axe weapons seem really out of place. ( staff isn't too bad though). Lastly only two stances fit the " Channel legendary powers to slaughter foes and unleash chaos on the battlefield " description, those being assassin and demon XD and renegade just feels like it should've been Charr racial skills or a necromancer set since they thematically summon the dead. I'm fairly new but I at least wanted to voice my opinion/perspective as revenant's cool image was what got me into playing.

> @"Jerome.2450" said:

Well, Renegade feels out od place for me. Just like you said - give it to Charr od Necros, in comparison to other E-specs Renegade brings nothing new to the game.

I think It's great that they made Revenant something completely different - it has its problems, yes - and I really like the fact that f.e. hammer is ranged and staff is melee. I'll have to agree with you that axe should've been a dagger. **On the _Retribution_ concept art we see Revenant wielding dagger**. My guess is that it didn't make it into the game because of HoT release date.

I don't think that Revs shouldn be _just_ like blind samurai but I get what you're going for and I like it. There are many cool themes to draw from and Revenant needs something that would make it really true to its theme.

My 2019 GW dreams are:

- total rework of Renegade

- updates to Shield

- some love for Core Revenant from ANet

- updates to Off-hand Sword so it's not Axe on steroids

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

It depends on what you mean by proper power spec. Is Rev in need of high power dmg output or just thematically more straight-forward power spec which isn't an assassin-like.

I'd love to have some sort of offensive Jalis spec but I'd rather focus on the Elite that actually changes a bit how you play Revenant. It might be hard to develop but this could be a lot of fun if next E-Spec played more with Energy.