O-O You can see what players have in their banks and wallets!

Tiviana.2650

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > That is only available for people who have added an API key.

> >

> > For example when I check my guild it only has data on a single member.

>

> What API so i dont accidentally use it?

If you don't know what it is, there's practically zero chance you will use it by accident.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > @"Deepcuts.9740" said:

> > You need to signup and share your details for others to be able to see such info.

> > Same thing with gw2efficiency.

> > No clue what you think this is, but it is not a conspiracy to show everyone else your exotics when you raid. Only if you choose to do so.

>

> Why would people show that?

For the same reason why people accept terms to use social media and accept cookies on websites. They get something they want and don't read or don't see the stipulations. Or they simply don't care.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I've never taken part in any PvP matches, or whatever they are called.

> I have no idea where they get their information.

That’s.... a little disturbing.

Granted, Guild name is a small thing, but honestly, why/how could that info be public in your case?

Where is the site gleaning that info from?

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > @"Holy Security.9724" said:

> > In order to do this you will have to login to your gw2 account on the guildwars2 site, create an API with everything you want to see, copy that said API code, go a side like gw2efficiency and paste the code there. And you are not even done here.

> > In order for others to see you would have to share your API key with them.

> > So, in case you didnt do latter, why even care? Even then: When you are that concerned about being a potential target I would rather be concerned about the websites you use.

>

> Well i can see them and im not registered there. As for the rest of that snarky comment its because im careful that i am concerned. What are you trying to imply?

Nothing about that comment was snarky. You seem to take things way to personally, you've acted that way in other threads as well. Nobody is trying to insult you.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I've never taken part in any PvP matches, or whatever they are called.

> > I have no idea where they get their information.

>

> That’s.... a little disturbing.

>

> Granted, Guild name is a small thing, but honestly, why/how could that info be public in your case?

>

> Where is the site gleaning that info from?

The official Anet API. And that is not private information. Private information would be your real name, e-mail, bank details etc. the API has information about the player characters that is owned by Anet that they see as fine to be potentially public and provide it for use by 3rd parties. And you still have to actively give your key for this to happen.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> Why would people show that? I dont want some hacker going oo they have x amount of gold and gems thats a target! And yes i have exotics oh boy here we go i guess as a new player i should have Pharus and be fully ascended

Hackers cannot really use this information as they have no e-mail to work with and the APi info does not provide any way to match an account with its e-mail as far as i know. Hackers target your e-mail since that is the way they can try to gain access to your account. And if they have access to that they have access to everything. Looking at gw2 efficiency or the armory and similar sites does not really give them any advantage.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > I've never taken part in any PvP matches, or whatever they are called.

> > > I have no idea where they get their information.

> >

> > That’s.... a little disturbing.

> >

> > Granted, Guild name is a small thing, but honestly, why/how could that info be public in your case?

> >

> > Where is the site gleaning that info from?

>

> The official Anet API. And that is not private information. Private information would be your real name, e-mail, bank details etc. the API has information about the player characters that is owned by Anet that they see as fine to be potentially public and provide it for use by 3rd parties. And you still have to actively give your key for this to happen.

>

> > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > Why would people show that? I dont want some hacker going oo they have x amount of gold and gems thats a target! And yes i have exotics oh boy here we go i guess as a new player i should have Pharus and be fully ascended

>

> Hackers cannot really use this information as they have no e-mail to work with and the APi info does not provide any way to match an account with its e-mail as far as i know. Hackers target your e-mail since that is the way they can try to gain access to your account. And if they have access to that they have access to everything. Looking at gw2 efficiency or the armory and similar sites does not really give them any advantage.

>

>

Follow @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" and all of his comments. I am understanding that he has NOT provided his API. If I am wrong, then my comment doesn’t hold.

I understand the API process and that your info is only as private as Anet decides it to be.

In his case though, there does not seem

To be an Anet sponsored process to his info.

>

> Follow @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" and all of his comments. I am understanding that he has NOT provided his API. If I am wrong, then my comment doesn’t hold.

>

> I understand the API process and that your info is only as private as Anet decides it to be.

>

> In his case though, there does not seem

> To be an Anet sponsored process to his info.

PvP matches, guilds and leaderboards are not player character information and are actually fully public through the API. The leaderboards PvP and PvE are publicly shown even in the Anet website. Its similar to the system that allows WvW sites to pull the matchup statistics. All these thing are done through the API thus developed by Anet.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> >

> > Follow @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" and all of his comments. I am understanding that he has NOT provided his API. If I am wrong, then my comment doesn’t hold.

> >

> > I understand the API process and that your info is only as private as Anet decides it to be.

> >

> > In his case though, there does not seem

> > To be an Anet sponsored process to his info.

>

> PvP matches, guilds and leaderboards are not player character information and are actually fully public through the API. The leaderboards PvP and PvE are publicly shown even in the Anet website. Its similar to the system that allows WvW sites to pull the matchup statistics. All these thing are done through the API thus developed by Anet.

So, if I am understanding you correctly, if someone is in a guild, that information is publically available to anyone?

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > >

> > > Follow @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" and all of his comments. I am understanding that he has NOT provided his API. If I am wrong, then my comment doesn’t hold.

> > >

> > > I understand the API process and that your info is only as private as Anet decides it to be.

> > >

> > > In his case though, there does not seem

> > > To be an Anet sponsored process to his info.

> >

> > PvP matches, guilds and leaderboards are not player character information and are actually fully public through the API. The leaderboards PvP and PvE are publicly shown even in the Anet website. Its similar to the system that allows WvW sites to pull the matchup statistics. All these thing are done through the API thus developed by Anet.

>

> So, if I am understanding you correctly, if someone is in a guild, that information is publically available to anyone?

>

>

Not sure about the details but from my understanding the guild lists can be pulled from the API without permission (if not then the sites must be getting the guild lists from players that have already given their info through their key). The member list of guild needs approval from the guild leader. But do not quote me on this. You have to check the armory code to see exactly how it is done.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > >

> > > > Follow @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" and all of his comments. I am understanding that he has NOT provided his API. If I am wrong, then my comment doesn’t hold.

> > > >

> > > > I understand the API process and that your info is only as private as Anet decides it to be.

> > > >

> > > > In his case though, there does not seem

> > > > To be an Anet sponsored process to his info.

> > >

> > > PvP matches, guilds and leaderboards are not player character information and are actually fully public through the API. The leaderboards PvP and PvE are publicly shown even in the Anet website. Its similar to the system that allows WvW sites to pull the matchup statistics. All these thing are done through the API thus developed by Anet.

> >

> > So, if I am understanding you correctly, if someone is in a guild, that information is publically available to anyone?

> >

> >

>

> Not sure about the details but from my understanding the guild lists can be pulled from the API without permission. The member list of guild need approval from the guild leader.

Good to know.

It would seem from what I read from (inc cedo’s) posts, it would appear that his guild leader didn’t give anything out, however, his name appears as being in the guild.

Of course I don’t know the detail, but if that’s the case, what makes his case stand out?

I don’t stress over it personally, but someone might.

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Follow @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" and all of his comments. I am understanding that he has NOT provided his API. If I am wrong, then my comment doesn’t hold.

> > > > >

> > > > > I understand the API process and that your info is only as private as Anet decides it to be.

> > > > >

> > > > > In his case though, there does not seem

> > > > > To be an Anet sponsored process to his info.

> > > >

> > > > PvP matches, guilds and leaderboards are not player character information and are actually fully public through the API. The leaderboards PvP and PvE are publicly shown even in the Anet website. Its similar to the system that allows WvW sites to pull the matchup statistics. All these thing are done through the API thus developed by Anet.

> > >

> > > So, if I am understanding you correctly, if someone is in a guild, that information is publically available to anyone?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not sure about the details but from my understanding the guild lists can be pulled from the API without permission. The member list of guild need approval from the guild leader.

>

> Good to know.

>

> It would seem from what I read from (inc cedo’s) posts, it would appear that his guild leader didn’t give anything out, however, his name appears as being in the guild.

>

> Of course I don’t know the detail, but if that’s the case, what makes his case stand out?

>

> I don’t stress over it personally, but someone might.

Looking his guild on the site it looks that it is "claimed" meaning that the leader did login and approved himself as the guild leader. So he must have given his API key to do this.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Follow @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" and all of his comments. I am understanding that he has NOT provided his API. If I am wrong, then my comment doesn’t hold.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I understand the API process and that your info is only as private as Anet decides it to be.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In his case though, there does not seem

> > > > > > To be an Anet sponsored process to his info.

> > > > >

> > > > > PvP matches, guilds and leaderboards are not player character information and are actually fully public through the API. The leaderboards PvP and PvE are publicly shown even in the Anet website. Its similar to the system that allows WvW sites to pull the matchup statistics. All these thing are done through the API thus developed by Anet.

> > > >

> > > > So, if I am understanding you correctly, if someone is in a guild, that information is publically available to anyone?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not sure about the details but from my understanding the guild lists can be pulled from the API without permission. The member list of guild need approval from the guild leader.

> >

> > Good to know.

> >

> > It would seem from what I read from (inc cedo’s) posts, it would appear that his guild leader didn’t give anything out, however, his name appears as being in the guild.

> >

> > Of course I don’t know the detail, but if that’s the case, what makes his case stand out?

> >

> > I don’t stress over it personally, but someone might.

>

> Looking his guild on the site it looks that is is "claimed" meaning that the leader did login and approved himself as the guild leader. So he mus have gave his API key.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. :+1:

Nothing pops up when I search myself on that site because simply, I did not provide it my API. Go to

https://account.arena.net/applications

That is where you find your API. They list what you have allowed access to. Like, in my case, I gave efficiency more access to my account (I'm sure you can see all that if you search me there) than I did Taco since I wanted to track what I have collected, etc but only wanted Taco to get world boss notifs, find pois and other small things. You can also edit these API. Simply hit the edit and select which things you no longer want it having access to.

You can also have multiple API so you can give one API to one site, while having a more free or restricted API for another.

Ok, changed my API key for gw2efficiency, did not make a difference for GW2 Armory. So, it's not the API Key that matters.

But, I did some more investigating, and _did_ find my Guild Leader listed, only using a search of his Display Name didn't come up with any results like everyone else I searched. Could only find him using a character name; that seemed odd. /shrug

So, I guess you end up on it if your Guild Leader has signed up, whether you want to or not.

> Ok, changed my API key for gw2efficiency, did not make a difference for GW2 Armory. So, it's not the API Key that matters.

> But, I did some more investigating, and _did_ find my Guild Leader listed, only using a search of his Display Name didn't come up with any results like everyone else I searched. Could only find him using a character name; that seemed odd. /shrug

>

> So, I guess you end up on it if your Guild Leader has signed up, whether you want to or not.

In which case the only thing it can show is your display name which is displayed all over the forums and elsewhere already.

> And the Guild you are in.

Isn't that public knowledge, though? Since guild tags are displayed next to characters when they're representing that guild, it would seem like it.

Either way, I'm not sure I approve of someone's information being displayed on a third-party application or site without their specific consent.

The tag isn't displayed in-game if you aren't representing that Guild. I have characters that have never represented that particular Guild.

It's just a little odd that some information is available without consent, not that it matters a lot to me; but, perhaps some players would rather not have that information available to just anyone. I don't know.