How do you organize your inventory and bank?

Cerioth.7062

How many inventory and bank slots do you have? What kind of inventory bags you like to use and how you organize your items, or do you organize at all?

I have an invisible bag at the bottom of the inventory on all of my characters, and sometimes some other special bags, where I store all that character's extra gear, weapons, consumables, essences of luck and unidentified gear.

My bank is rather organized. 17 bank slots.

Slots 1-2: Ascended gear ordered by weight and stats

Slots 3-4: Exotic gear ordered by weight and stats

Slot 5 has black lion chest items like vouchers, statuettes, mini claim tickets etc and mystic forge stones + other mystic forge items

Slot 6 has gathering tools

Slot 7 has runes and sigils

Slot 8 has legendary crafting items and raid kill proofs

Slot 9-10 have skins I havent used yet

Slot 11 has WvW items, passkeys I use rarely, items I want to put on gemstore later and birthday booster + boxes o fun

Slot 12 has boosters, primers

Slot 13 has utility consumables ordered by usage

Slot 14 has food ordered by usage

Slot 15 has random useful stuff like aetherblade keys, mount treats, keys of greater nightmater, silverwastes shovels, piles of silky sand and the PoF bundles, treasure hunting kits, bandit death marks and so on

Slot 16 has black lion salvage kits and items that dont fit in my material storage

Slot 17 has random items - lorebooks and so on.

Even though I've never bought inventory and bank slots, I still have plenty of room for many items.

I usually keep ascended gear in my inventory. For example, I have a viper set for my core engineer equipped most of the time and I have a magi set in my inventory whenever I want to play support scrapper, along with food items, enhancement items and trinkets. I craft the 20-slot bags from the appropriate discipline which gives me more than enough room to not only keep my alternative armor set, but for other items as well.

I don't keep runes and sigils in my bank, I prefer saving them in my inventory if I need them for a build I'm crafting on a specific profession. Most of my bank slots are filled with experience boosters which I rarely use nowadays, but I used a lot of them especially when HoT was released for reaching maximum mastery level quicker so I can spend mastery points and increase my rank.

Finally, I always make sure to deposit materials. Not only does it save crafting materials, but it also gives me plenty of inventory space. Whenever I receive salvage items or certain types of armor that are worth salvaging, I always salvage them with a Mystic Salvage Kit. This in my opinion is the most useful salvage kit you'll ever need. It's easy to craft and it has 250 uses. I would recommend using Black Lion Salvage Kits only for items which you need that certainty of getting a specific sigil, rune or insignia.

I recently altered my inventory size to 10 slots wide, that way each 20 slot bag evenly has two rows of storage. My bag lay out for my main characters goes as follows;

* Starter Bag

* 20-Slot Leather Bag

* 20-Slot Uncommon Fractal Bag

* 20-Slot Rare Fractal Bag

* 20-Slot Exotic Fractal Bag

* 20-Slot Oiled Leather Bag

* 20-Slot Invisible Bag

* 20-Slot Invisible Bag

The invisible bags carry various pieces of gear, consumables, and other soul bound doodads such as birthday blasters depending on the character.

As far as my bank goes... it's a slightly coherent mess. I try to group similar items together like various boosters, ascended trinkets, recipes, and one whole tab filled with black lion salvage kits.

_Loooong_ post incoming!

For my bank, I have just 3 slots, but to me that's plenty.

First slot is currently holding onto 30 stacks of wintersday gifts. I'm waiting for the right time to sell 'em.

Second slot is purely for "collectibles". These are items I collect for either simply no reason or because they're my supply. They're reward potions, Queen Judilee Tickets, Fractal Encriptions, Memories of Battle- I have quite a bit there.

Third slot is half random stuff that has no where to go, and the other half is reserved for the remaining wintersday gifts.

My bags have a certain way they're all organized, and my inventory slots look like a grid. Where I keep things is based on what they are, of course. If they're gathering tools, they go on the right side, vertical; pickaxes with pickaxes and sickles with sickles. On that same side but one collumn to the left, are for other "collectibles". Such as stuff I need to refine for crafting or "collectible" stuff that needs to go into my bank.

On the left side are random things or usually currencies for festivals, this is vertcial too.

At the top is stuff I loot, stuff I need to take care of or get rid of from my inventory. This stuff goes horizontal and takes up my bag in rows (at least I put them that way).

When I scroll down in my inventory, that's the toon's "personal bank", which has _a lot_ of blacklion salvage kits, birthday blasters or armor/weapons. Even tomes or Obi Shards live there.

In the middle of the inventory, is just for items I need to keep track of and has priority over the stuff I loot at the top of the grid. Those middle items are usually asc. rings that'll be salvaged quickly.

I have about 5 20-slot bags for all of this.... Organization is key with my bags- Oh, does anyone hate it when they accidentally hit "compact" in their inventory, instead of "deposite materials"?

I have 4 "normal" 20-slot bags besides the starter bag on every character, no "special" bags, I find them annoying.

I am the opposite of a hoarder/packrat (whatever you call that), I sell EVERYTHING and keep my invo/bank tidy all the time!

My inventory never gets full because I constantly sell my stuff on TP.

I prefer "permanent" inventory items (Mistlock, Copper-fed, etc) in shared slots, my other bags MUST be completely empty before I log out.

I have 2 bank tabs unlocked, the first one is 70% full, the other one is totally empty.

My bank has boosters, Tomes, teleports to friend, living world portals and other things I use occasionally.

I have one banker character that carries extra weapons, trinkets, stuff like converters and other rarely used items.

I never switch stats and I don't carry different kinds of gear in my invo (that mess would drive me insane).

IF I do switch stats (happened twice since beta), then I do it at the Mystic Forge, I don't have multiple gear sets.

I guess I'm weird. :)

> @"Cat Warrior.9240" said:

> _Loooong_ post incoming!

> For my bank, I have just 3 slots, but to me that's plenty.

>

> First slot is currently holding onto 30 stacks of wintersday gifts. I'm waiting for the right time to sell 'em.

>

> Second slot is purely for "collectibles". These are items I collect for either simply no reason or because they're my supply. They're reward potions, Queen Judilee Tickets, Fractal Encriptions, Memories of Battle- I have quite a bit there.

>

> Third slot is half random stuff that has no where to go, and the other half is reserved for the remaining wintersday gifts.

>

> My bags have a certain way they're all organized, and my inventory slots look like a grid. Where I keep things is based on what they are, of course. If they're gathering tools, they go on the right side, vertical; pickaxes with pickaxes and sickles with sickles. On that same side but one collumn to the left, are for other "collectibles". Such as stuff I need to refine for crafting or "collectible" stuff that needs to go into my bank.

>

> On the left side are random things or usually currencies for festivals, this is vertcial too.

>

> At the top is stuff I loot, stuff I need to take care of or get rid of from my inventory. This stuff goes horizontal and takes up my bag in rows (at least I put them that way).

>

> When I scroll down in my inventory, that's the toon's "personal bank", which has _a lot_ of blacklion salvage kits, birthday blasters or armor/weapons. Even tomes or Obi Shards live there.

>

> In the middle of the inventory, is just for items I need to keep track of and has priority over the stuff I loot at the top of the grid. Those middle items are usually asc. rings that'll be salvaged quickly.

>

> I have about 5 20-slot bags for all of this.... Organization is key with my bags- Oh, does anyone hate it when they accidentally hit "compact" in their inventory, instead of "deposite materials"?

Oh goodness, you are super organized and this is interesting! I'd HATE to accidentally click on "compact" if I were you.

> @"Mea.5491" said:

> I have 4 "normal" 20-slot bags besides the starter bag on every character, no "special" bags, I find them annoying.

> I am the opposite of a hoarder/packrat (whatever you call that), I sell EVERYTHING and keep my invo/bank tidy all the time!

> My inventory never gets full because I constantly sell my stuff on TP.

> I prefer "permanent" inventory items (Mistlock, Copper-fed, etc) in shared slots, my other bags MUST be completely empty before I log out.

> I have 2 bank tabs unlocked, the first one is 70% full, the other one is totally empty.

> My bank has boosters, Tomes, teleports to friend, living world portals and other things I use occasionally.

> I have one banker character that carries extra weapons, trinkets, stuff like converters and other rarely used items.

> I never switch stats and I don't carry different kinds of gear in my invo (that mess would drive me insane).

> IF I do switch stats (happened twice since beta), then I do it at the Mystic Forge, I don't have multiple gear sets.

> I guess I'm weird. :)

This is interesting as well! I cant imagine having that much inventory space.

This is going to take a while ...

**Bank - 6 sections unlocked**

- Stuff from BL chests (e. g. revive Orbs, Teleport to Friend, Statuettes, Sprockets, Boxes of Fun, Repair Canister, One-Time-Vendors), outdated teleportation-gizmos (LS3 Tome, Spearmarshal's Plea, Lily of Elon Pass), Eaters

- LS3 & LS4 currencies. I gather them mostly from the current LS episode and then from my Home Instance Nodes. Once I have a stack of 250, I start a 2nd stack. The next time I log my LS currency mule, I move the full stack into his inventory. Section 2 is also used for Baubles.

- Guildhall decorations I do not want to bind to our guildhall, because I intend to sell them or help other guilds with them in the future. Bauble Bubbles, Queens Gauntlet Tickets, Pact Scout Map Materials, Fire Orchid Seeds. Piles of Sand - I simply put them there when I am done with my Home Instance nodes, whenever I get above 10, I instantly consume them. It is a routine of 2-3 times per week. Writs of Experience & Tomes of Knowledge. When I get close to 250 Writs, I convert them into Tomes. When I get more than 250 tomes, I move them into a certain mule. Mystic Forge Stones, Upgrade Extractors, Ascended Salvage Kits and Black Lion Salvage Kits.

- Luck stacks, Legendary Crafting Materials & Gifts, Irradiated Vision Crystals, Guildbanners, Exquisite Serpentite Jewels, Diviner's Inscriptions & Insignias, Quest Items.

- Exchange Boxes (Skirmish Chests, Dye Kits, Dungeneering Chests, Exchange Vouchers, Favors of the Festival, Mad King Gifts, Blessings of the Four Winds) I do not have a particular use for any item yet, but when I need something one day I can just open the correct box and pick what I need. Unidentified Gear 6 slots, 2 for blue, 2 for green and 2 for yellow. Rest of the slots are used to store champion bags for my bag opener.

- Bags for my bag-opener, sometimes ascended gear sets or runes & sigils. It is basically a transfer-box, where I drop items I plan to move to one of my mules.

**Inventory 80 / 172 permanently occupied**

- Shared: Copper Fed Salvage o Matic, Mystlock Sanctuary Pass Key, LS4 Portal Tome, Prototype Possition Rewinder

- 20 slot invisible bag: 2 alternative ascended gear sets (armor + weapons) + 1 alternative trinket & backpiece set

- Upper section of the inventory: food, non-novelty transformation tonics, Environmental Weapons - 30-35 slots

- Center section of the inventory: loot

- Bottom section of the inventory: Watchwork Portal Devices, Mystic Salvage Kit, Gizmos, LS keys for certain chests, Guild Banners, Pitchers of Coffee, Karma & loot food

**5 Mule-Characters**

- Unused Ascended Gear & Ascended Gear Boxes, Exotic and Ascended Backpacks with selectable stats, Boosters, Experience Scrolls, Tomes of Knowledge (full stacks)

- Account Bound Materials (Tenebrous Crystals, Globs of Dark Matter, Piles of Auric Dust, Ley Line Sparks, Bladed Shards, Bottles of Airship Oil), Mystic Forge Stones (full stacks), Account Bound Inscriptions & Insignias, Account Bound Runes, Mystic Forge Materials (e. g. Philosopher Stones)

- Scribe Materials for current projects (Guildhall Decorations)

- "The Bookshelf" - contains every piece of lore Item I collected over the years, mostly readable books, 5 versions of Orphan Laine's Letter, Gnashblade & Kiel Representation Buttons

- Stacks of LS3 & LS4 currencies. Only stuff I am not collecting for quests, to purchase mostly Ascended Trinkets with certain stat combos when I need them.

**Personal Guildbank - 3 sections unlocked**

- 50 slot section: Material and Gold collection for special pojects (e. g. legendary/ascended gear, expensive guildhall decorations, prices for competitions and events I run). I use a gold-border of 200 g in my inventory, which I tell myself to "never touch." Every 10g above that go into the projects section of my bank-guild. When it is full enough, I buy some stuff.

- 100 slot section: Material Collection of valuable material stacks, Event Materials, Runes & Sigils of value

- 100 slot section: "Collectibles" = stuff that has either value to me or could be valuable in a few hundred years. Several Stacks of Potions of Slaying Scarlet's Armies, 5 of each lunar year backpieces (rare) + firework to craft the exotic version as gift for good friends or apprentices. Spinal Blades Blueprint Scraps, Festival Consumeables, Unidentified Dyes, stacks of currency which is/was on TP and might be changed to account-bound in the future

Although this looks very complicated, I do not need a spreadsheet yet. I mostly know exactly where which item is and in most cases I can even remember the amount of pieces I own. That is what happens when you play the game for more than six years and collect too many things. If I would own a second fully extended personal guildbank, I would probably clog that one up in a few weeks as well.

tl&dr: When a person has extra space, it gets used. The more space you have, the more trash you collect. Less is more.

**Bank**

1st tab: Things I expect to use fairly quickly/frequently, or things I don't want to forget about. For example spare gathering tools and salvage kits, food I want to use, Boxes o' Fun, hair kits.

2nd tab: 'Tools' I use often like the various eaters, and XP scrolls/tomes/writs and boosters.

3rd tab: 'Tools' I use rarely like the infinite continue coin and Ley-infused lodestone, tokens like mini claim tickets and SAB baubles, and 'bits of items' like a Gift of Exploration, Gift of Maguuma, Grandmaster Mark Shard, Minstrels Insignia (it's account bound and can't be salvaged).

4th tab: Exotic and ascended equipment with useful or selectable stats, to give to alts when they hit level 80 or need a new stat combination.

5th tab: Stuff with little/no use which I'm keeping anyway. Everything from readable books to a second mini Liadri, to a Gift from Scarlet and a Celebration Hat which was never converted from town clothes.

**Inventory**

It varies by character but generally they carry very little. Food, utility item, booster, birthday gun, Hero's Band (yes I keep it on every single character) and spare weapons. Sometimes a banker golem from the Deluxe Edition because after 6 years I'm still waiting for the perfect time to use it.

**Shared slots**

TP, merchant and bank express. Salvage kits, Lily of the Elon pass, gathering tools and other items I'd never remember when I want them or want on multiple characters.

Yeah, my bank...

Imagine the neatest warehouse you can imagine. Everything categorised and in alphabetical order.

Now, imagine there was a fire. People are dragging bits and pieces out into the courtyard in front of the warehouse to save them from the Flames, piling them up here and there in lumps and clumps. The poor, warehouse manager is desperately running too and fro trying to keep some kind of order.

That's my bank.

How do I organize it? Well, I actually really don't.

I have 180 inventory slots. Invisible bags with equipment and consumables at the top.

And I have 12 bank tabs. It's filled with consumables on the top tab, the next 2 tabs contain boxes I really don't want to open and the rest has a bunch of useless crap I have forgotten about.

I have too many alts to really make use of bag expansions, so they all have the default 6. 2 shared slots have a copper fed salvage kit and an invitation to Lily of the Elon (for now).

Bank on the other hand, I have 7 slots. First slot is mostly for BLTC stuff; salvage kits, express items, boosts, etc. Second slot housed all my Mawdrey shit for three years while I was on hiatus. Just finally finished crafting it, so now it has a lot of miscellaneous items, and some spillover from the first slot.

Third slot is where I stash bad exotics until I have enough to throw into the forge. I'll also keep accessories/rings/amulets there if I get good ones for future characters (because I know myself and I'm always gonna make more). Fourth slot is for legendary/ascended crafting stuff. I've got philosopher's stones, mastery gifts, recipe books, random collection stuff I'm not sure if I should delete... and then runes. For some reason. : ^D

Fifth slot is mostly skins, or weapons with good stats I'm not sure what to do with yet. Sixth slot has excess crafting materials. Lots of ascended crafting junk and then some more profitable items (cotton, linen, etc.).

Seventh slot for now is just another one for miscellaneous crap. More collection stuff I'm too scared to delete, a lot of oiled orichalcum pieces because I bought them all before I realized how outrageous crafting Minstrel gear would be, a Rata Novus gift of excellency... I'll clean it up eventually