[Suggestion] switching builds and gears using one button - Class change contract

Greyrebel.7492

hi, im sure many people suggested these .

as for the changing gears and builds , i think there should be a system like the 1 already is in pvp to change gears and build with 1 button , we should atleast have 3 of these pre builds wich we modify and create it can be a gemshop thing , this game realy needs this more than any other games due to number of diffrent stat gears and builds

and as for the class change , i know its not that hard to start a new class and lvl it up, but some of us love our charecters and dont use alts :D and have memories with the char we use it , it can be done from website or ingame .

i would love to know what u guys think about these.

problem is, some people change their builds multiplte times in an evening to suit the group or change of gamestyle etc.

Making people buy something each and every time is a bit of a pisstake so most definitely cannot be gemshop item like name change for example.. I would maybe pay for a "one off" purchase if it was decent enough.

> @Emmalouise.1763 said:

> problem is, some people change their builds multiplte times in an evening to suit the group or change of gamestyle etc.

>

> Making people buy something each and every time is a bit of a pisstake so most definitely cannot be gemshop item like name change for example.. I would maybe pay for a "one off" purchase if it was decent enough.

Where has my "kitten" gone???

> @Emmalouise.1763 said:

> > @Emmalouise.1763 said:

> > problem is, some people change their builds multiplte times in an evening to suit the group or change of gamestyle etc.

> >

> > Making people buy something each and every time is a bit of a pisstake so most definitely cannot be gemshop item like name change for example.. I would maybe pay for a "one off" purchase if it was decent enough.

>

> Where has my "kitten" gone???

I didnt meant to buy that everytime, i meant u buy the ability to do it once n unlock a new build holder space ( works kinda like shared inventory space) u buy 1 means now u can keep 2 build at the same time, buy 1 more means u have 3 prebuild to switch too and u can change them anytime u want for free after u bought those

• 6 months later...

I agree with the idea of having a simple, fast and convenient way to switch between a handful of your favourite builds. Instead of tinkering with all the options all the time, why not have a few loadout slots where you could store the build / gear combos you use most often?

For example, having two loadout slots for general solo play and for group activities, while leaving one more free for experimenting would be really nice. How many times does a group event pop up nearby and you either have to manually adjust every talent and gear item (and then trying to remember what you changed when you're switching back) or to use the same loadout for all of these ad hoc situations.

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> Build switcher, most requested feature since beta.

It's arcdps's best feature now. You can disable the damage meter and just use it for build templates if you don't like seeing damage done by you or teammates.

But even wow implemented it at some point baseline. And it supported addons from the start.

I don't think any facet of this critical function should cost gems. Or gold. Build swapping is a typical and important feature of build-dependent games. I think studios should stop pretending that things like autolooting and build loadouts are "optional" features.

ANet's justification for making autolooting a mastery was so that it could (a) be an incentive for purchasing the game and (b) slow down bots. I accept both of those as legitimate business choices. So I think it could also be ok to make build templates part of Core Masteries.