Stone Resonance.

apharma.3741

just random thought im gonna type out here: Stone resonance is indeed a little high on the cooldown side for its effects, but ele, *If specced for it* can be a barrier-spamming monster.

Invigorating strikes the GM weaver trait, can provide 2000HP barrier @ 1455 healing power. consider an energy sigil & the orrian 40% endurance regen food as well as vigor, & you are applying a 2k barrier on avg every 3.3~ seconds with everything evened out. add in elemental refreshment providing (again @ 1455 HP) about 870~ barrier per dual skill, Lava skin, & Stone resonance trait/skills. your probably capable of spamming upwards of 40-50k barrier health in a 30 second fight pretty easily i'd say.

Point is, I tend to look at things as pieces of a whole, rather than in a vacuum, Yes it could do with shorter cooldowns. But barrier application on weaver can be troll level.

> @"kornfanxxx.9143" said:

> just random thought im gonna type out here: Stone resonance is indeed a little high on the cooldown side for its effects, but ele, *If specced for it* can be a barrier-spamming monster.

>

> Invigorating strikes the GM weaver trait, can provide 2000HP barrier @ 1455 healing power. consider an energy sigil & the orrian 40% endurance regen food as well as vigor, & you are applying a 2k barrier on avg every 3.3~ seconds with everything evened out. add in elemental refreshment providing (again @ 1455 HP) about 870~ barrier per dual skill, Lava skin, & Stone resonance trait/skills. your probably capable of spamming upwards of 40-50k barrier health in a 30 second fight pretty easily i'd say.

>

> Point is, I tend to look at things as pieces of a whole, rather than in a vacuum, Yes it could do with shorter cooldowns. But barrier application on weaver can be troll level.

QFT

> just random thought im gonna type out here: Stone resonance is indeed a little high on the cooldown side for its effects, but ele, *If specced for it* can be a barrier-spamming monster.

>

> Invigorating strikes the GM weaver trait, can provide 2000HP barrier @ 1455 healing power. consider an energy sigil & the orrian 40% endurance regen food as well as vigor, & you are applying a 2k barrier on avg every 3.3~ seconds with everything evened out. add in elemental refreshment providing (again @ 1455 HP) about 870~ barrier per dual skill, Lava skin, & Stone resonance trait/skills. your probably capable of spamming upwards of 40-50k barrier health in a 30 second fight pretty easily i'd say.

>

> Point is, I tend to look at things as pieces of a whole, rather than in a vacuum, Yes it could do with shorter cooldowns. But barrier application on weaver can be troll level.

With that much healing power you wouldn't even need barrier since you have tons of sustain from water/arcane which is on its own a troll level.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"kornfanxxx.9143" said:

> > just random thought im gonna type out here: Stone resonance is indeed a little high on the cooldown side for its effects, but ele, *If specced for it* can be a barrier-spamming monster.

> >

> > Invigorating strikes the GM weaver trait, can provide 2000HP barrier @ 1455 healing power. consider an energy sigil & the orrian 40% endurance regen food as well as vigor, & you are applying a 2k barrier on avg every 3.3~ seconds with everything evened out. add in elemental refreshment providing (again @ 1455 HP) about 870~ barrier per dual skill, Lava skin, & Stone resonance trait/skills. your probably capable of spamming upwards of 40-50k barrier health in a 30 second fight pretty easily i'd say.

> >

> > Point is, I tend to look at things as pieces of a whole, rather than in a vacuum, Yes it could do with shorter cooldowns. But barrier application on weaver can be troll level.

>

> With that much healing power you wouldn't even need barrier since you have tons of sustain from water/arcane which is on its own a troll level.

Me personally, when I want my sword/dagger weaver to hold a point in spvp & bunker down in a serious match, like AT's (Which i'm just a substitute slot for our guilds AT team & they're extremely talented players [general jenkins/thane/clown/drydude/lubu], I tend to go invigorating strikes. I believe grimjack the team usa ele does as well, Yes woven stride clears condi's very well, & is very useful. but its important to consider that barrier health also eats condition damage, as well as power. & in this particular meta where the majority of the opponents will be power, with the exception of condi mirage, your going to see insane returns on trait investment fighting power builds & diving around enemy AoE with invigorating strikes.

> @"shinta.8906" said:

> @"kornfanxxx.9143"

>

> add ontop the rune that gives u barrier on heal.

But you get nothing from that barrier out of all the classes weaver was going to be THE barrier class but why not give it nothing for having that barrier. Scraper gets more from it as well dose scorge. Its just bad balancing of the classes.

If weaver is getting too much barrier then drop it and add more effects when you have barrier up or when you apply barrier. Weaver is the best class for getting more dmg when under the effect of barrier.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"shinta.8906" said:

> > @"kornfanxxx.9143"

> >

> > add ontop the rune that gives u barrier on heal.

>

> But you get nothing from that barrier out of all the classes weaver was going to be THE barrier class but why not give it nothing for having that barrier. Scraper gets more from it as well dose scorge. Its just bad balancing of the classes.

>

> If weaver is getting too much barrier then drop it and add more effects when you have barrier up or when you apply barrier. Weaver is the best class for getting more dmg when under the effect of barrier.

its not THE barrier class imo, And I'm perfectly happy with just the barrier, i dont need some kinda bonus from gaining a barrier. The fact that the barrier is providing a temporary hit point pool of 2000~, or 870~, or 4000-5000~ from lava skin, are all hugely significant, that's all the more damage you can soak up which trust me, as bursty as power damage builds are, its wise to keep some barrier application going to dampen incoming bursts & allow longer reaction times. your easily multiplying the amount of required damage to kill you with proper play

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"shinta.8906" said:

> > > @"kornfanxxx.9143"

> > >

> > > add ontop the rune that gives u barrier on heal.

> >

> > But you get nothing from that barrier out of all the classes weaver was going to be THE barrier class but why not give it nothing for having that barrier. Scraper gets more from it as well dose scorge. Its just bad balancing of the classes.

> >

> > If weaver is getting too much barrier then drop it and add more effects when you have barrier up or when you apply barrier. Weaver is the best class for getting more dmg when under the effect of barrier.

>

> its not THE barrier class imo, And I'm perfectly happy with just the barrier, i dont need some kinda bonus from gaining a barrier. The fact that the barrier is providing a temporary hit point pool of 2000~, or 870~, or 4000-5000~ from lava skin, are all hugely significant, that's all the more damage you can soak up which trust me, as bursty as power damage builds are, its wise to keep some barrier application going to dampen incoming bursts & allow longer reaction times. your easily multiplying the amount of required damage to kill you with proper play

>

It is the self barrier class of PoF more then likely it was the first class with barrier as it seemed to be the first class worked on for PoF. Scraper only got barrier as an after though. So its super sad that scraper gets more for having barrier up then weaver it a real missed effect and tool for the class that would of added some real depth to the weaver game play making evasion key but gave weaver the weakness of when your barrier is down your simply weaker.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > I think I have never seen anyone run it anywhere at all. :tongue:

> >

> > Totally agree, a change would be nice. Even though I don't think even a CD of 25s would change much. ToF would remain the superior defensive stance, adding another one would just make bunkery more bunkery, damage builds would usually use offensive skills next to ToF. But maybe there would be off-"meta" possibilities, which could be fun indeed!

> > But I think the issues with eles lie elsewhere and would also just need some small number tweaks. Let's see if anything relevant changes in the next balance patch. :wink:

> >

> > Mostly talking about PVP here. Maybe it's different in WvW or raids, no idea. Might change it's usefulness there more significantly.

>

> If you were going for stab on stances at 30-40s you would use this for a defensive option and Primordial Stance a more offensive option. Though it's debatable if arcane shield is better but with perma prot that enhances the barrier more than it would Arcane Shield. Either way Stone Resonance becomes a compelling choice if going for stances and I'm OK with it having that niche so long as it's got a niche.

>

> Yes I don't think I've ever seen anyone use this stance. I've seen aquatic stance in raids (it's still a poo stance) but never Stone Resonance.

It's an excellent anti-burst option , I use it to give myself some breathing room when ganked or mitigate incoming damage from a rev if anything else on CD, with a mender amulet you start off at 3-4k HP and I always follow with a dodge or two to activate the GM barrier trait.

A 50s CD is balanced actually for what he does, a sword weaver got already access to few defensive options..no need to further improve that aspect

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> Eles: "Yaah, SR might need some lower CD, but it is kind of strong as it is, don't powercreep."

>

> Anet: *implements Bulwark Gyro*

>

> Eles: "..."

>

> :lol:

Deploy a bulwark gyro to apply Watchful Eye to nearby allies.

Barrier: 2,894 (0.44)?

Barrier: 946 per pulse (0.11)?

Watchful Eye (4s): Some of your incoming damage is shared with a nearby scrapper.

Number of Targets: 5

Duration: 5s

Interval: 1s

Radius: 240

Combo Field: Lightning

Cool Down: 25s (20s WvW/PvE)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bulwark_Gyro

Enter an earthen state, gaining barrier periodically over the course of the stance.

Barrier: 1,069 (0.15)?

Stone Resonance (5s): Periodically gain shield.

Pulses: 5

Maximum Count: 2

Count Recharge: 50s

Interval: 1s

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stone_Resonance

:cry:

other than bulwark gyro there's also this to compare:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adaptive_Armor

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invigorating_Strikes

Nice one anet. Apparently your internal test team can come up with some unkillable ele such that you won't make any meanginful buffs to eles but you're ok with giving the buffs to engis so they can be unkillable. Not biased at all.

After seeing the comparison of stone resonance with bulwark gyro, I don't ever want to see people talking about how ele should not get buffed because of power creep. Everyone else keeps getting power crept and Anet doesn't seem to care about power creep. Ele has been bad in PvP for nearly one and a half years. It is time that it got the buffs that it needs to be part of the meta.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> After seeing the comparison of stone resonance with bulwark gyro, I don't ever want to see people talking about how ele should not get buffed because of power creep. Everyone else keeps getting power crept and Anet doesn't seem to care about power creep. Ele has been bad in PvP for nearly one and a half years. It is time that it got the buffs that it needs to be part of the meta.

We're TOP DAMAGE ON LARGE HITBOX (even SC says it's used because of RNG). Let's see after the nerf to banners how we'll do in the benchmarks, that are brought up in many arguments.