17K Power damage from Confusing Images!?

Ovark.2514

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousNastyCoffeeHeyGirl

>

>

> Mesmer's Scepter has been power creeped into oblivion, throw in bugged confusion damage and my experience with running a +480 toughness and +480vit amulet is basically this.

>

> I don't even see the beam telegraph of Scepter #3 anymore.

tbh half of the entire Mesmer class has been power creeped into oblivion.

I keep hoping that they will power creep gravedigger into oblivion but they never do. :(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousNastyCoffeeHeyGirl

> >

> >

> > Mesmer's Scepter has been power creeped into oblivion, throw in bugged confusion damage and my experience with running a +480 toughness and +480vit amulet is basically this.

> >

> > I don't even see the beam telegraph of Scepter #3 anymore.

>

> tbh half of the entire Mesmer class has been power creeped into oblivion.

>

> I keep hoping that they will power creep gravedigger into oblivion but they never do. :(

Yup. Why shouldn't zerker pistol engi hit for 10,000-17,000 with Pistol #2 right? It's a 2.25s channel, and wobbly projectiles, just dodge 4Head

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousNastyCoffeeHeyGirl

>

>

> Mesmer's Scepter has been power creeped into oblivion, throw in bugged confusion damage and my experience with running a +480 toughness and +480vit amulet is basically this.

>

> I don't even see the beam telegraph of Scepter #3 anymore.

Is it a joke ? Less than 3k5 direct damage. The guy in the video burn all his dodge on nothing and die from condi by attacking under confusion and running in circle under torment. The perfect example of how to die in 2 sec when facing a mesmer by doing bullshit.

That said I did some scepter changes in my mesmer balance suggestion post.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

>... on a condi weapon ...

One more time it's an hybride weapon since 2012.

> @"viquing.8254" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousNastyCoffeeHeyGirl

> >

> >

> > Mesmer's Scepter has been power creeped into oblivion, throw in bugged confusion damage and my experience with running a +480 toughness and +480vit amulet is basically this.

> >

> > I don't even see the beam telegraph of Scepter #3 anymore.

>

> Is it a joke ? Less than 3k5 direct damage. The guy in the video burn all his dodge on nothing and die from condi by attacking under confusion and running in circle under torment. The perfect example of how to die in 2 sec when facing a mesmer by doing kitten.

>

> That said I did some scepter changes in my mesmer balance suggestion post.

>

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> >... on a condi weapon ...

> One more time it's an hybride weapon since 2012.

You know that you're blindly defending broken mechanics when you don't catch on that confusion procced 7 times when only one skill was used (Tornado #5) and call it fair and to L2P. There was no torment.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said: . That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

>

> Pheniox will never hit for 17k since they made it hit like at most 3 times now.

Never said Phoenix would hit for 17k..... Just said if you can't dodge skills that have been around for 6 years, don't make forum posts complaining about them.

I don't like condi mirage, as I think it's too simple for the class to do a lot of things well (high skill floor, lower effectiveness ceiling) but power mirage is fine.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

> >

> > Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

> Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

>

> I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

>

> Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

>

Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this....lovely response. So let me present this to you: Because there are a lot of things that you need to dodge when facing a warrior (shield bash, burst skills, bulls rush, ect) do you just blame balance if you stand in a 100blades that hits for 17k?

That's essentially what you're telling me.

Same situation with a holo: You need to 'dodge' overcharged shot, net shot, holo wave, right? Not entirely. Know the most important skill to dodge. Negate the first few hits with LOS or a block/blind/reflect — the most important skill to dodge is corona burst. I'll often save both of my dodges for corona wave and its 2nd explosion. Do that, holos crumple.

Same situation with..... wait... you mean there are important skills to dodge on each class? Know what they are playing & what to dodge by using the classes/specs that just downed you in tests rather than logging off and making forum posts.

/thread.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"viquing.8254" said:

> > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousNastyCoffeeHeyGirl

> > >

> > >

> > > Mesmer's Scepter has been power creeped into oblivion, throw in bugged confusion damage and my experience with running a +480 toughness and +480vit amulet is basically this.

> > >

> > > I don't even see the beam telegraph of Scepter #3 anymore.

> >

> > Is it a joke ? Less than 3k5 direct damage. The guy in the video burn all his dodge on nothing and die from condi by attacking under confusion and running in circle under torment. The perfect example of how to die in 2 sec when facing a mesmer by doing kitten.

> >

> > That said I did some scepter changes in my mesmer balance suggestion post.

> >

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > >... on a condi weapon ...

> > One more time it's an hybride weapon since 2012.

>

> You know that you're blindly defending broken mechanics when you don't catch on that confusion procced 7 times when only one skill was used (Tornado #5) and call it fair and to L2P. There was no torment.

>

>

Yea I had to watch that clip several times to see that. The stacks and damage didn't add up.

That looks to be an issue with tornado. Are there any other skills doing this same thing under confusion?

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

> > >

> > > Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

> > Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

> >

> > I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

> >

> > Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

> >

>

> Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this....lovely response. So let me present this to you: Because there are a lot of things that you need to dodge when facing a warrior (shield bash, burst skills, bulls rush, ect) do you just blame balance if you stand in a 100blades that hits for 17k?

>

> That's essentially what you're telling me.

>

> Same situation with a holo: You need to 'dodge' overcharged shot, net shot, holo wave, right? Not entirely. Know the most important skill to dodge. Negate the first few hits with LOS or a block/blind/reflect — the most important skill to dodge is corona burst. I'll often save both of my dodges for corona wave and its 2nd explosion. Do that, holos crumple.

>

> Same situation with..... wait... you mean there are important skills to dodge on each class? Know what they are playing & what to dodge by using the classes/specs that just downed you in tests rather than logging off and making forum posts.

>

> /thread.

Nope, you didn't get it. Sorry!

The problem is: Condi Mirage is already a problem in terms of balancing. Giving that problematic spec a direct damage burst skill on low cooldowns on top of the insane condi pressure is just showcasing pure incompetence.

Which condi weapon in the game has a direct damage multiplyer of 5.32x ? Do you know in how much damage this results even on condi gear?

Hell even on power weapons such multiplyers are rare!

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > > You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

> > > >

> > > > Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

> > > Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

> > >

> > > I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

> > >

> > > Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

> > >

> >

> > Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this....lovely response. So let me present this to you: Because there are a lot of things that you need to dodge when facing a warrior (shield bash, burst skills, bulls rush, ect) do you just blame balance if you stand in a 100blades that hits for 17k?

> >

> > That's essentially what you're telling me.

> >

> > Same situation with a holo: You need to 'dodge' overcharged shot, net shot, holo wave, right? Not entirely. Know the most important skill to dodge. Negate the first few hits with LOS or a block/blind/reflect — the most important skill to dodge is corona burst. I'll often save both of my dodges for corona wave and its 2nd explosion. Do that, holos crumple.

> >

> > Same situation with..... wait... you mean there are important skills to dodge on each class? Know what they are playing & what to dodge by using the classes/specs that just downed you in tests rather than logging off and making forum posts.

> >

> > /thread.

> Nope, you didn't get it. Sorry!

>

> The problem is: Condi Mirage is already a problem in terms of balancing. Giving that problematic spec a direct damage burst skill on low cooldowns on top of the insane condi pressure is just showcasing pure incompetence.

>

> Which condi weapon in the game has a direct damage multiplyer of 5.32x ? Do you know in how much damage this results even on condi gear?

>

> Hell even on power weapons such multiplyers are rare!

>

No, I did get it... That's just... not right. If it's a true condi-spec, it's not going to hit for much direct dmg, potentially 2-4k if you get the whole burst off. You get 17k procs on full berserker against a full berserker. That's power-focused.

My point is: It's going to load me up with damage whether it's condi or power, so I dodge it in most situations, or I block it, or I blind it, or I rupt it, or I LOS it. The options are limitless.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > > > You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

> > > > >

> > > > > Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

> > > > Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

> > > >

> > > > I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

> > > >

> > > > Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

> > > >

> > >

> > > Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this....lovely response. So let me present this to you: Because there are a lot of things that you need to dodge when facing a warrior (shield bash, burst skills, bulls rush, ect) do you just blame balance if you stand in a 100blades that hits for 17k?

> > >

> > > That's essentially what you're telling me.

> > >

> > > Same situation with a holo: You need to 'dodge' overcharged shot, net shot, holo wave, right? Not entirely. Know the most important skill to dodge. Negate the first few hits with LOS or a block/blind/reflect — the most important skill to dodge is corona burst. I'll often save both of my dodges for corona wave and its 2nd explosion. Do that, holos crumple.

> > >

> > > Same situation with..... wait... you mean there are important skills to dodge on each class? Know what they are playing & what to dodge by using the classes/specs that just downed you in tests rather than logging off and making forum posts.

> > >

> > > /thread.

> > Nope, you didn't get it. Sorry!

> >

> > The problem is: Condi Mirage is already a problem in terms of balancing. Giving that problematic spec a direct damage burst skill on low cooldowns on top of the insane condi pressure is just showcasing pure incompetence.

> >

> > Which condi weapon in the game has a direct damage multiplyer of 5.32x ? Do you know in how much damage this results even on condi gear?

> >

> > Hell even on power weapons such multiplyers are rare!

> >

>

> No, I did get it... That's just... not right. If it's a true condi-spec, it's not going to hit for much direct dmg, potentially 2-4k if you get the whole burst off. You get 17k procs on full berserker against a full berserker. That's power-focused.

>

> My point is: It's going to load me up with damage whether it's condi or power, so I dodge it in most situations, or I block it, or I blind it, or I rupt it, or I LOS it. The options are limitless.

It's a multi hit skill, so blind and block are out right off the bat. It doesn't root the caster, and it's not like mirage lacks mobility so gl with los. And gl interrupting a class that can use it while invulnerable lol

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > > > > You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

> > > > > Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

> > > > >

> > > > > I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

> > > > >

> > > > > Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this....lovely response. So let me present this to you: Because there are a lot of things that you need to dodge when facing a warrior (shield bash, burst skills, bulls rush, ect) do you just blame balance if you stand in a 100blades that hits for 17k?

> > > >

> > > > That's essentially what you're telling me.

> > > >

> > > > Same situation with a holo: You need to 'dodge' overcharged shot, net shot, holo wave, right? Not entirely. Know the most important skill to dodge. Negate the first few hits with LOS or a block/blind/reflect — the most important skill to dodge is corona burst. I'll often save both of my dodges for corona wave and its 2nd explosion. Do that, holos crumple.

> > > >

> > > > Same situation with..... wait... you mean there are important skills to dodge on each class? Know what they are playing & what to dodge by using the classes/specs that just downed you in tests rather than logging off and making forum posts.

> > > >

> > > > /thread.

> > > Nope, you didn't get it. Sorry!

> > >

> > > The problem is: Condi Mirage is already a problem in terms of balancing. Giving that problematic spec a direct damage burst skill on low cooldowns on top of the insane condi pressure is just showcasing pure incompetence.

> > >

> > > Which condi weapon in the game has a direct damage multiplyer of 5.32x ? Do you know in how much damage this results even on condi gear?

> > >

> > > Hell even on power weapons such multiplyers are rare!

> > >

> >

> > No, I did get it... That's just... not right. If it's a true condi-spec, it's not going to hit for much direct dmg, potentially 2-4k if you get the whole burst off. You get 17k procs on full berserker against a full berserker. That's power-focused.

> >

> > My point is: It's going to load me up with damage whether it's condi or power, so I dodge it in most situations, or I block it, or I blind it, or I rupt it, or I LOS it. The options are limitless.

>

> It's a multi hit skill, so blind and block are out right off the bat. It doesn't root the caster, and it's not like mirage lacks mobility so gl with los. And gl interrupting a class that can use it while invulnerable lol

They don't have infinite resources. Use yours intelligently. Idk. I'm just not buying the whole "delete mesmer" kick everybody in the forums is on. I don't like the condi mirage cancer ambush build, but that's it.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > > > > > You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

> > > > > > Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this....lovely response. So let me present this to you: Because there are a lot of things that you need to dodge when facing a warrior (shield bash, burst skills, bulls rush, ect) do you just blame balance if you stand in a 100blades that hits for 17k?

> > > > >

> > > > > That's essentially what you're telling me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Same situation with a holo: You need to 'dodge' overcharged shot, net shot, holo wave, right? Not entirely. Know the most important skill to dodge. Negate the first few hits with LOS or a block/blind/reflect — the most important skill to dodge is corona burst. I'll often save both of my dodges for corona wave and its 2nd explosion. Do that, holos crumple.

> > > > >

> > > > > Same situation with..... wait... you mean there are important skills to dodge on each class? Know what they are playing & what to dodge by using the classes/specs that just downed you in tests rather than logging off and making forum posts.

> > > > >

> > > > > /thread.

> > > > Nope, you didn't get it. Sorry!

> > > >

> > > > The problem is: Condi Mirage is already a problem in terms of balancing. Giving that problematic spec a direct damage burst skill on low cooldowns on top of the insane condi pressure is just showcasing pure incompetence.

> > > >

> > > > Which condi weapon in the game has a direct damage multiplyer of 5.32x ? Do you know in how much damage this results even on condi gear?

> > > >

> > > > Hell even on power weapons such multiplyers are rare!

> > > >

> > >

> > > No, I did get it... That's just... not right. If it's a true condi-spec, it's not going to hit for much direct dmg, potentially 2-4k if you get the whole burst off. You get 17k procs on full berserker against a full berserker. That's power-focused.

> > >

> > > My point is: It's going to load me up with damage whether it's condi or power, so I dodge it in most situations, or I block it, or I blind it, or I rupt it, or I LOS it. The options are limitless.

> >

> > It's a multi hit skill, so blind and block are out right off the bat. It doesn't root the caster, and it's not like mirage lacks mobility so gl with los. And gl interrupting a class that can use it while invulnerable lol

>

> They don't have infinite resources. Use yours intelligently. Idk. I'm just not buying the whole "delete mesmer" kick everybody in the forums is on. I don't like the condi mirage cancer ambush build, but that's it.

They have more active defenses than any other class by far, there's no reason they should also hit harder and be more mobile.

If it's a matter of resource management, mirage simply brings a bigger gun to the fight. By the time they run out of defensive CDs, you're dead. If you play perfectly on a build that counters condi mirage, they can disengage freely before you even get a chance to hit back. That is cancerous for a pvp game mode.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousNastyCoffeeHeyGirl

> > >

> > >

> > > Mesmer's Scepter has been power creeped into oblivion, throw in bugged confusion damage and my experience with running a +480 toughness and +480vit amulet is basically this.

> > >

> > > I don't even see the beam telegraph of Scepter #3 anymore.

> >

> > Is it a joke ? Less than 3k5 direct damage. The guy in the video burn all his dodge on nothing and die from condi by attacking under confusion and running in circle under torment. The perfect example of how to die in 2 sec when facing a mesmer by doing kitten.

> >

> > That said I did some scepter changes in my mesmer balance suggestion post.

> >

> > >... on a condi weapon ...

> > One more time it's an hybride weapon since 2012.

>

> You know that you're blindly defending broken mechanics when you don't catch on that confusion procced 7 times when only one skill was used (Tornado #5) and call it fair and to L2P. There was no torment.

You know that you are posting a video who show nothing that a noob doing noobs things and dying ?

There was torment.

In your poor quality video the engi get killed by the thieve because no mesmer can output instantly 6 poisons stacks. (And confusion didn't proc 7 time.) Thanks for this level of troll .

So what a mesmer did 60% health damage under a guy who burn his evade and get hit by the mesmer burst. (<=== And he is still alive !)

Actually it's more a up mesmer vid than anything. So L2P and L2LOOKatWhatVidyouPost.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> Yea I had to watch that clip several times to see that. The stacks and damage didn't add up.

> That looks to be an issue with tornado. Are there any other skills doing this same thing under confusion?

See above but I'm pretty sure the thieve pop in the engi at the last second.

> @"viquing.8254" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"viquing.8254" said:

> > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousNastyCoffeeHeyGirl

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Mesmer's Scepter has been power creeped into oblivion, throw in bugged confusion damage and my experience with running a +480 toughness and +480vit amulet is basically this.

> > > >

> > > > I don't even see the beam telegraph of Scepter #3 anymore.

> > >

> > > Is it a joke ? Less than 3k5 direct damage. The guy in the video burn all his dodge on nothing and die from condi by attacking under confusion and running in circle under torment. The perfect example of how to die in 2 sec when facing a mesmer by doing kitten.

> > >

> > > That said I did some scepter changes in my mesmer balance suggestion post.

> > >

> > > >... on a condi weapon ...

> > > One more time it's an hybride weapon since 2012.

> >

> > You know that you're blindly defending broken mechanics when you don't catch on that confusion procced 7 times when only one skill was used (Tornado #5) and call it fair and to L2P. There was no torment.

> You know that you are posting a video who show nothing that a noob doing noobs things and dying ?

> There was torment.

> In your poor quality video the engi get killed by the thieve because no mesmer can output instantly 6 poisons stacks. (And confusion didn't proc 7 time.) Thanks for this level of troll .

> So what a mesmer did 60% health damage under a guy who burn his evade and get hit by the mesmer burst. (<=== And he is still alive !)

> Actually it's more a up mesmer vid than anything. So L2P and L2LOOKatWhatVidyouPost.

>

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > Yea I had to watch that clip several times to see that. The stacks and damage didn't add up.

> > That looks to be an issue with tornado. Are there any other skills doing this same thing under confusion?

> See above but I'm pretty sure the thieve pop in the engi at the last second.

There was no thief, the damage was all from the mesmer, the poison stacks came from poison grenade which were transferred back to the engi with arcane thievery.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> Quickness and Malicious Sorcery trait stack so it's hard to see the initial burst.

Wrong... Attack Speed modifiers never stack with Quickness... If these do, it's a bug that need to be fixed. ~~Or I want Dual Wielding on Warrior to also stack with quickness for some massive chopping with double axes.~~

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > > > > > > You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

> > > > > > > Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this....lovely response. So let me present this to you: Because there are a lot of things that you need to dodge when facing a warrior (shield bash, burst skills, bulls rush, ect) do you just blame balance if you stand in a 100blades that hits for 17k?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's essentially what you're telling me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Same situation with a holo: You need to 'dodge' overcharged shot, net shot, holo wave, right? Not entirely. Know the most important skill to dodge. Negate the first few hits with LOS or a block/blind/reflect — the most important skill to dodge is corona burst. I'll often save both of my dodges for corona wave and its 2nd explosion. Do that, holos crumple.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Same situation with..... wait... you mean there are important skills to dodge on each class? Know what they are playing & what to dodge by using the classes/specs that just downed you in tests rather than logging off and making forum posts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > /thread.

> > > > > Nope, you didn't get it. Sorry!

> > > > >

> > > > > The problem is: Condi Mirage is already a problem in terms of balancing. Giving that problematic spec a direct damage burst skill on low cooldowns on top of the insane condi pressure is just showcasing pure incompetence.

> > > > >

> > > > > Which condi weapon in the game has a direct damage multiplyer of 5.32x ? Do you know in how much damage this results even on condi gear?

> > > > >

> > > > > Hell even on power weapons such multiplyers are rare!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No, I did get it... That's just... not right. If it's a true condi-spec, it's not going to hit for much direct dmg, potentially 2-4k if you get the whole burst off. You get 17k procs on full berserker against a full berserker. That's power-focused.

> > > >

> > > > My point is: It's going to load me up with damage whether it's condi or power, so I dodge it in most situations, or I block it, or I blind it, or I rupt it, or I LOS it. The options are limitless.

> > >

> > > It's a multi hit skill, so blind and block are out right off the bat. It doesn't root the caster, and it's not like mirage lacks mobility so gl with los. And gl interrupting a class that can use it while invulnerable lol

> >

> > They don't have infinite resources. Use yours intelligently. Idk. I'm just not buying the whole "delete mesmer" kick everybody in the forums is on. I don't like the condi mirage cancer ambush build, but that's it.

>

> They have more active defenses than any other class by far, there's no reason they should also hit harder and be more mobile.

>

> If it's a matter of resource management, mirage simply brings a bigger gun to the fight. By the time they run out of defensive CDs, you're dead. If you play perfectly on a build that counters condi mirage, they can disengage freely before you even get a chance to hit back. That is cancerous for a pvp game mode.

Again. Eh. I disagree. Depends on what is vs the mirage. Where you're wrong is that they can disengage freely if you've played perfectly. If you've played perfectly, they're dead.

Sounds like you're not great at fighting mirages. I'd recommend playing one and seeing their weaknesses. Makes it easier to kill them.

Good luck mate.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > Quickness and Malicious Sorcery trait stack so it's hard to see the initial burst.

>

> Wrong... Attack Speed modifiers never stack with Quickness... If these do, it's a bug that need to be fixed. ~~Or I want Dual Wielding on Warrior to also stack with quickness for some massive chopping with double axes.~~

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malicious_Sorcery

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > Quickness and Malicious Sorcery trait stack so it's hard to see the initial burst.

> >

> > Wrong... Attack Speed modifiers never stack with Quickness... If these do, it's a bug that need to be fixed. ~~Or I want Dual Wielding on Warrior to also stack with quickness for some massive chopping with double axes.~~

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malicious_Sorcery

Hmmm interesting... I went to look at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dual_Wielding and it actually say the bug is the fact that this trait don't work with quickness... I always heard it was the other way around.

> @"viquing.8254" said:

> Actually it's more a up mesmer vid than anything. So L2P and L2LOOKatWhatVidyouPost.

I though I've seen everything after reading Warriors subforum, but I was so wrong.

First, do a little bit of a research who is a person called "Chaith" and how long he is playing the game.

Second, mesmer(mirage) have too many defenses combined with high mobility and on top of that with quite high damage (burst&conditions), excuses like "it needs a skill to be successful" could be true if balance would be same as in pre-HoT state. Currently it'is just a spamfest with no skill involved or barely any skill. Since rework of a mesmers clone/phantasm (totally unnecessary for that class) we've got on our hands another problem with visual clutter that make fights against mesmers even more annoying than they should be.

Third, I kinda have a feeling that some of you may use something like "butbutbut SoulBeastFireBrandYolosmithxclass is much more broken and unbalanced!!!" as an argument, well I'm gonna pop your little bubble, just because some other class is also unbalanced, doesn't mean your class should be as well.

Question: Why are you defending a class that is so unbalanced?

IMO, all classes need serious nerfs, not some shaves here and there, because it's not enough for this powercreep.

P.S. I'm fully aware that it could be just a bait, but there are people that stroll through various topics on forum and may see this kind of answers and take it as an absolute truth.

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> Called it, my dudes

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/784515/#Comment_784515

13 hit mean 2 channel yes, dunno what you want to prove.

> > You know that you are posting a video who show nothing that a noob doing noobs things and dying ?

> Chaith is old ESL tho and has been active pretty continuously since his ESL days.

> @"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:

> I though I've seen everything after reading Warriors subforum, but I was so wrong.

> First, do a little bit of a research who is a person called "Chaith" and how long he is playing the game.

OK then it's normal for a ESL player to evade nothing ? Then dying because he evade nothing so he hasn't enough endurance to evade damaging skills ? (That's literally what burn evade mean.).

I don't think so, sorry.

> Second, mesmer(mirage) have too many defenses combined with high mobility and on top of that with quite high damage (burst&conditions), excuses like "it needs a skill to be successful" could be true if balance would be same as in pre-HoT state. Currently it'is just a spamfest with no skill involved or barely any skill. Since rework of a mesmers clone/phantasm (totally unnecessary for that class) we've got on our hands another problem with visual clutter that make fights against mesmers even more annoying than they should be.

I did a proper balance patch with nerfs and up to reduce the spamfest and who answer much of critics about current mesmer state.

> Third, I kinda have a feeling that some of you may use something like "butbutbut SoulBeastFireBrandYolosmithxclass is much more broken and unbalanced!!!" as an argument, well I'm gonna pop your little bubble, just because some other class is also unbalanced, doesn't mean your class should be as well.

Yeah same for the two side.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > > > > > > > You guys know that condition skill for mesmer scepter 3? Yeah it did indeed hit me for 17k. . . in a 1v1. . . while I'm on warrior. . . with no vulnerability. . . at Temple. Unfortunately I don't have the screen cap. Mesmer is messed up in so many ways atm.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Problem is you didn't dodge or CC the mes to stop it. Lol. That's on par with not dodging a phoenix coming at you from 600 range.

> > > > > > > > Yeah always dodge that 12s cd, 900 range skill, because there is nothing else on condi/hybrid mirage you need to dodge frequently.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I had the chance to face that sweet 5x damage multiplyer skill on a condi weapon last night. It's "just great". Investing in massive condi cleanses and giving up a lot of anti power utility to survive condi mirages (I am not talking about killing them because: mobility and stuff) was probably to trivial for ANet, so let's give them 10k direct damage on low cooldowns as well!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Best balancing in the industry! That competence...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sorry for double post, but I didn't see this....lovely response. So let me present this to you: Because there are a lot of things that you need to dodge when facing a warrior (shield bash, burst skills, bulls rush, ect) do you just blame balance if you stand in a 100blades that hits for 17k?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's essentially what you're telling me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Same situation with a holo: You need to 'dodge' overcharged shot, net shot, holo wave, right? Not entirely. Know the most important skill to dodge. Negate the first few hits with LOS or a block/blind/reflect — the most important skill to dodge is corona burst. I'll often save both of my dodges for corona wave and its 2nd explosion. Do that, holos crumple.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Same situation with..... wait... you mean there are important skills to dodge on each class? Know what they are playing & what to dodge by using the classes/specs that just downed you in tests rather than logging off and making forum posts.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > /thread.

> > > > > > Nope, you didn't get it. Sorry!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The problem is: Condi Mirage is already a problem in terms of balancing. Giving that problematic spec a direct damage burst skill on low cooldowns on top of the insane condi pressure is just showcasing pure incompetence.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which condi weapon in the game has a direct damage multiplyer of 5.32x ? Do you know in how much damage this results even on condi gear?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hell even on power weapons such multiplyers are rare!

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No, I did get it... That's just... not right. If it's a true condi-spec, it's not going to hit for much direct dmg, potentially 2-4k if you get the whole burst off. You get 17k procs on full berserker against a full berserker. That's power-focused.

> > > > >

> > > > > My point is: It's going to load me up with damage whether it's condi or power, so I dodge it in most situations, or I block it, or I blind it, or I rupt it, or I LOS it. The options are limitless.

> > > >

> > > > It's a multi hit skill, so blind and block are out right off the bat. It doesn't root the caster, and it's not like mirage lacks mobility so gl with los. And gl interrupting a class that can use it while invulnerable lol

> > >

> > > They don't have infinite resources. Use yours intelligently. Idk. I'm just not buying the whole "delete mesmer" kick everybody in the forums is on. I don't like the condi mirage cancer ambush build, but that's it.

> >

> > They have more active defenses than any other class by far, there's no reason they should also hit harder and be more mobile.

> >

> > If it's a matter of resource management, mirage simply brings a bigger gun to the fight. By the time they run out of defensive CDs, you're dead. If you play perfectly on a build that counters condi mirage, they can disengage freely before you even get a chance to hit back. That is cancerous for a pvp game mode.

>

> Again. Eh. I disagree. Depends on what is vs the mirage. Where you're wrong is that they can disengage freely if you've played perfectly. If you've played perfectly, they're dead.

> Sounds like you're not great at fighting mirages. I'd recommend playing one and seeing their weaknesses. Makes it easier to kill them.

>

> Good luck mate.

5 years of pvp experience, 6.3k games played. I'm pretty sure i'm not new to this game's pvp, i've been in the top 100 for the last year and a half straight. last 6mo i've been on a glass reaper.

sounds like you haven't fought a good mirage yet, i'd recommend getting out of gold and fighting one to see how absurd they can really get. Makes it easier to understand why people are frustrated.

Stop defending shit that is clearly unhealthy for the game mode.