Time to change the daily login rewards

mykemyk.7456

I like the luck from daily rewards (my magic find ain't even close to maxed). The real problem with luck orbs is that some ppl are maxed in it. They shouldn't have to change login rewards, they should add some npc where you can trade them in and exchange it into something else (or sell it for some silver).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be honest I could care less about luck, materials, and boosters. Those could be peppered in with the other rewards and do not feel like an actual award by itself. I would like to see things that are not easily obtainable in the game or unique. I feel the majority of the people who log in and see its a "luck" or "Mat" day feel a little let down and wish they were either on a laurel or mystic coin day.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > I would like to see things that are not easily obtainable in the game or unique.

> If it drops weekly from login rewards, it is hardly unique nor uneasily obtained. At worst (like laurels), it's just gated.

>

>

If they kept the system as it currently is then yes, but if they reworked it they could modify or update the rewards as they see fit and modify its loot tables. It does not need to stay the same. Complacency is the downfall of most games. Having something different each month would not be a bad thing and yes they should keep your progress as you move through and just change what drops each month. So if you miss something one month you just miss it but you are still on track to get what is coming in the next month.

Tomes and luck definitely need to go. They're available everywhere else just by playing the game, and the glut they sit on just makes them feel utterly lackluster.

Spirit shards don't have very many practical uses, and I honestly wish I could sell mine. (Whaddya say, ANet? 120 shards to buy a market-sellable crystal worth 100 shards for someone else to buy!)

Luck is even worse, especially if you're capped. There needs to be *something* reasonable to do with it. (I haven't participated in the lunar festival this year. Has the luck festival actually put a dent in anyone's luck stores, or has it only gotten worse?)

We could make do with some T2/3/4/6 bags or a random charm somewhere in the mix.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > I would like to see things that are not easily obtainable in the game or unique.

> > If it drops weekly from login rewards, it is hardly unique nor uneasily obtained. At worst (like laurels), it's just gated.

> >

> >

>

> If they kept the system as it currently is then yes, but if they reworked it they could modify or update the rewards as they see fit and modify its loot tables. It does not need to stay the same. Complacency is the downfall of most games. Having something different each month would not be a bad thing and yes they should keep your progress as you move through and just change what drops each month. So if you miss something one month you just miss it but you are still on track to get what is coming in the next month.

>

I think this is very intriguing and worthy of its own thread.

It's a rather different suggestion than "see things ...not easily obtainable ...or unique." I think it's also substantively different from the OP's proposal, in that it isn't about _buffing_ the rewards, but about making them feel special.

In effect, you're proposing to have 'seasonal' login rewards, similar to how BL Chests offer seasonal loot tables plus seasonal guaranteed drops (some of these are identical year-to-year, some not).

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> Tomes and luck definitely need to go. They're available everywhere else just by playing the game, and the glut they sit on just makes them feel utterly lackluster.

> Spirit shards don't have very many practical uses, and I honestly wish I could sell mine. (Whaddya say, ANet? 120 shards to buy a market-sellable crystal worth 100 shards for someone else to buy!)

> Luck is even worse, especially if you're capped. There needs to be *something* reasonable to do with it. (I haven't participated in the lunar festival this year. Has the luck festival actually put a dent in anyone's luck stores, or has it only gotten worse?)

I have a 1 year old account, 510 Tomes of Knowledge in the bank, 230% MF, and about 4500 spirit shards in my wallet.

My wife who only recently started playing the game has about 8 writs of XP in her bank, 90% MF and a few hundred spirit shards in her wallet.

What applies to YOU doesn't apply to EVERYONE.

I think many of you are seriously missing the point here. The Log In Rewards are not designed to INCENTIVISE you to log in. What exactly does ANET gain from having you log in, collect the chest, then log out? That you might accidentally click on the BL store and buy something?

The reason the Log in rewards are there is so ANET can very calmly offer it as a solution to player complaints about the scarcity / cost of certain items.

Examples:

Player> Legendary materials are too hard / expensive to craft.

ANET> You get Laurels / Mystic Coins / Mystic Clovers from your daily login

Player> Why do I have to spend real money to buy Revive Orbs / Teleport to Friend / BL Salvage Kits

ANET> You can get those items from the Chest of Black Lion Goods

etc.

While I will agree that the Bag of Luck seems rather dull, each and every other log in reward is perfectly fine. Just because some players don't have a need for these items is irrelevant so long as other players do.

Given you don't have to log in 28 days in sequence like some MMOs that offer these types of rewards, and also that many of the items you get from these logins are critical to acquiring end game gear (Laurels, etc) I don't understand the fuss.

TLDR: Log in rewards are fine.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > Tomes and luck definitely need to go. They're available everywhere else just by playing the game, and the glut they sit on just makes them feel utterly lackluster.

> > Spirit shards don't have very many practical uses, and I honestly wish I could sell mine. (Whaddya say, ANet? 120 shards to buy a market-sellable crystal worth 100 shards for someone else to buy!)

> > Luck is even worse, especially if you're capped. There needs to be *something* reasonable to do with it. (I haven't participated in the lunar festival this year. Has the luck festival actually put a dent in anyone's luck stores, or has it only gotten worse?)

>

> I have a 1 year old account, 510 Tomes of Knowledge in the bank, 230% MF, and about 4500 spirit shards in my wallet.

> My wife who only recently started playing the game has about 8 writs of XP in her bank, 90% MF and a few hundred spirit shards in her wallet.

>

> What applies to YOU doesn't apply to EVERYONE.

>

> I think many of you are seriously missing the point here. The Log In Rewards are not designed to INCENTIVISE you to log in. What exactly does ANET gain from having you log in, collect the chest, then log out? That you might accidentally click on the BL store and buy something?

>

> The reason the Log in rewards are there is so ANET can very calmly offer it as a solution to player complaints about the scarcity / cost of certain items.

>

> Examples:

> Player> Legendary materials are too hard / expensive to craft.

> ANET> You get Laurels / Mystic Coins / Mystic Clovers from your daily login

>

> Player> Why do I have to spend real money to buy Revive Orbs / Teleport to Friend / BL Salvage Kits

> ANET> You can get those items from the Chest of Black Lion Goods

>

> etc.

>

> While I will agree that the Bag of Luck seems rather dull, each and every other log in reward is perfectly fine. Just because some players don't have a need for these items is irrelevant so long as other players do.

>

> Given you don't have to log in 28 days in sequence like some MMOs that offer these types of rewards, and also that many of the items you get from these logins are critical to acquiring end game gear (Laurels, etc) I don't understand the fuss.

>

> TLDR: Log in rewards are fine.

>

And then theres me, 3 years old account, 10k hours in the game.. Im out of both writs and tomes and only 1k spirit shards loL. I think this is what legendary farming and many alts do to you.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > > I would like to see things that are not easily obtainable in the game or unique.

> > > If it drops weekly from login rewards, it is hardly unique nor uneasily obtained. At worst (like laurels), it's just gated.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > If they kept the system as it currently is then yes, but if they reworked it they could modify or update the rewards as they see fit and modify its loot tables. It does not need to stay the same. Complacency is the downfall of most games. Having something different each month would not be a bad thing and yes they should keep your progress as you move through and just change what drops each month. So if you miss something one month you just miss it but you are still on track to get what is coming in the next month.

> >

> I think this is very intriguing and worthy of its own thread.

>

> It's a rather different suggestion than "see things ...not easily obtainable ...or unique." I think it's also substantively different from the OP's proposal, in that it isn't about _buffing_ the rewards, but about making them feel special.

>

> In effect, you're proposing to have 'seasonal' login rewards, similar to how BL Chests offer seasonal loot tables plus seasonal guaranteed drops (some of these are identical year-to-year, some not).

>

Of course, if they added black lion statuettes, then they would indirectly be providing seasonal rewards.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I really don't like Elder Scrolls Online's system. It's gotten better than it was, for a while they seemed wildly optimistic about what people could manage but it's still frustrating if you miss days and then end up missing out on a unique reward as a result. Yes I know it's only a game and if you're unable to log in for any reason that's supposed to also stop you caring about the unique items (I've been shouted down enough times on their forum), but it's still pretty disheartening to log in after some time away and get a giant splash screen going "Look at all the cool stuff you cannot have." Honestly when it gets to the point where I'm missing rewards other than random currency, especially if it's something I'd like to have, it puts me off logging in at all. It feels like a giant reminder than I'm not the kind of player they want.

I get why the time-limited nature is a problem for some players, but that said, I do complete the login rewards for ESO most months because there's often something I'm interested in. I haven't cared about GW2's stuff for years.

> @"wickedkae.4980" said:

> ESO has really been knocking it out of the park lately. I really wish GW2 would just steal their ideas at this point. Would do wonders for this game.

I'd argue that they ripped this particular idea straight from GW2 and made it better. Others would disagree that it's better (for valid reasons; see above) but the system turned up in GW2 well before ESO adopted it.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> > I think they should increase the gold reward and add daily wvw gather into the mix.

>

> I think the topic is Daily Log-in Rewards, rather than Dailies.

> Daily WvW Gathering/Logging/Mining might be just too easy; what easy one would they remove?

First I talked about increasing gold, which fits the topic and makes dailies in general more appealing to some. Second, why do you think we need to remove a wvw daily in order to add wvw gatheting into the rotation of an existing daily? The gather locations in the rotation get stale after a while, and wvw dailies are already limited. Spice things up and give people a reason to explore other parts of the game and make more money while doing so.

It does need a change. Luck is pretty much useless to those that already capped their magic finds (and is super easy to get in game now with salvage kits) and some of the other stuff is kinda meh now.

I know some like it but I kinda like the idea of TWO log in rewards. Have the monthly one stay the same, but add a yearly log in as well that also has better rewards the longer you log in. It was the one thing that kept me playing Wildstar all that time before it went byebye was that 365 day log-in. I loved the home instance stuff and wanted one of the skies that was like day 265 or something.

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> Luck is pretty much useless to those that already capped their magic finds

Talk to Drooburt in Divinity's before the festival ends. The ghostly beggar is accept essences of luck of all sizes; 1000 points gets you 5 AP plus junk worth some silver.

(This isn't meant to address the issue of whether it's still an appropriate login reward; I just want to make sure folks know about this option.)

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> It does need a change. Luck is pretty much useless to those that already capped their magic finds (and is super easy to get in game now with salvage kits) and some of the other stuff is kinda meh now.

Unfortunately the same could be said about just about anything they could add. There isn’t going to be a reward that will be useful to every player.

There are also some rewards that people here have wanted added that would go against Anet’s stance of having specific content reward specific rewards such as with map currencies. Black Lion Statuettes are likely out of the question as those were added to reduce the negative impact of RNG and not as an alternative way to bypass black lion chests altogether.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"miraude.2107" said:

> > It does need a change. Luck is pretty much useless to those that already capped their magic finds (and is super easy to get in game now with salvage kits) and some of the other stuff is kinda meh now.

>

> Unfortunately the same could be said about just about anything they could add. There isn’t going to be a reward that will be useful to every player.

>

> There are also some rewards that people here have wanted added that would go against Anet’s stance of having specific content reward specific rewards such as with map currencies. Black Lion Statuettes are likely out of the question as those were added to reduce the negative impact of RNG and not as an alternative way to bypass black lion chests altogether.

>

>

They went against that stance when they came out with that Black Lion Expedition board. I get 9-12 Orrian Pearls a day with that thing meaning I can easily get the amount needed to get the backpacks quicker, especially if I farm the zone. So I see no issue with adding map currency as a log in reward. 100 bandit crests, get a glider skin, mount skin (people want obtainable mount skins in game anyway that aren't cash shop!), crafting supplies (5-10 legendary on higher days), food, potions, etc. They could easily work something out that would do well and have it rotate monthly (imagine the monthly crafting supplies being holiday themed for the month, like getting nougat, candy corn, etc during October) to keep it exciting, or keep the base one and add a year long log in event as well.

The problem here is that most players will want "better stuff" than whats currently provided by the login reward.

And better stuff usually means stuff thats worth more, so just creating an increase in the money supply into the game which drives up the inflation rate, and makes most things on the TP worth less.

Theres no problem is simply changing whats offered by the login rewards, as along as it doesnt do the above , and I suspect this isnt what the OP wants.

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"miraude.2107" said:

> > > It does need a change. Luck is pretty much useless to those that already capped their magic finds (and is super easy to get in game now with salvage kits) and some of the other stuff is kinda meh now.

> >

> > Unfortunately the same could be said about just about anything they could add. There isn’t going to be a reward that will be useful to every player.

> >

> > There are also some rewards that people here have wanted added that would go against Anet’s stance of having specific content reward specific rewards such as with map currencies. Black Lion Statuettes are likely out of the question as those were added to reduce the negative impact of RNG and not as an alternative way to bypass black lion chests altogether.

> >

> >

>

> They went against that stance when they came out with that Black Lion Expedition board. I get 9-12 Orrian Pearls a day with that thing meaning I can easily get the amount needed to get the backpacks quicker, especially if I farm the zone. So I see no issue with adding map currency as a log in reward. 100 bandit crests, get a glider skin, mount skin (people want obtainable mount skins in game anyway that aren't cash shop!), crafting supplies (5-10 legendary on higher days), food, potions, etc. They could easily work something out that would do well and have it rotate monthly (imagine the monthly crafting supplies being holiday themed for the month, like getting nougat, candy corn, etc during October) to keep it exciting, or keep the base one and add a year long log in event as well.

That’s not the same.