Monthly Heart of Thorns Map Completion Train [NA Server]

Emikadon.8542

Hello Guild Wars 2 Forums! Usually I post this Reddit, but I had someone tell me that I should post in here, too. Sorry if there's poor formatting or if I'm breaking any unspoken rules, this is my first time here :]

On Saturday, February 2 at 12:30 PM CST (UTC-6), I will be leading a map completion train through all of Heart of Thorns on the NA megaserver. No waypoints, mounts, or masteries needed aside from the ones listed below. We will be covering the ENTIRETY of base Heart of Thorns, including hero points, mastery points, strongboxes, waypoints, points of interest, vistas, jumping puzzles, and hidden achievements. Yes, you read that right. **EVERYTHING >:D**

For the train, please make sure you have:

* Shipwreck Peak Waypoint, [&BN4HAAA=]

* Basic gliding (will get you 95% of map completion)

* The ability to read

* A pleasant attitude! <3

Tentative Itinerary for the Day (in CST time)

* 12:00 - 12:30 PM . Preparation and introduction to the train [Giveaway]

* 12:30 - 2:30 PM . Verdant Brink map completion + night bosses.

* 2:30 - 3:00 PM . Break time, preparation for Auric Basin [Giveaway]

* 3:00 - 5:00 PM . Auric Basin map completion.

* 5:00 - 5:30 PM . Break time, preparation for Tangled Depths. [Giveaway]

* 5:30 - 7:30 PM . Tangled Depths map completion.

* 7:30 - 8:00 PM . Break time, preparation for Dragon’s Stand. [Giveaway]

* 8:00 - 8:30 PM . Dragon’s Stand map completion (unlocked portion of the map).

* 8:30 - 9:00 PM . Event wrap-up and final giveaway of Heroic Edition codes. [Giveaway]

This will be a full day event, so you are welcome to hop in and out. I will be trying to keep the map as full as possible with overflow squads, but I can’t guarantee you a spot in the case everything fills. This event will also be live-streamed at

Swing by, say hi even if you’re not on the train! I’ll be answering most questions there; plus, it might be helpful to have it on in the background since I tend to give warnings/information during the train itself.

I will be playing on my Chrono 'Emi Nyaa'. Squad will be up at 12 exact. The first 10 minutes will be reserved for whisper invites only. Once it hits XX:10, the squad will be up in LFG → Open World → Verdant Brink. This is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so please don’t spam my chat if the squads are full!

Feel free to add me on Emikadon.8542 in game or Emi#6622 on Discord. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to whisper, mail, or private message me at any time, and I'll do my best to respond. Keep in mind that once the train starts, it’ll be hard to respond to individual people, so please be understanding if I don’t reply.

---

[Giveaway Information]

Courtesy of SirMehr (a friend of mine I made through streaming), I now have 10 GW2 Heroic Edition codes to give away during this train! Included in each code are:

* Suit of Legacy Armor (Primeval, Krytan, or Profane)

* Mithril Box (18 slot inventory expansion)

* 10x Experience Boosters (30 minutes each)

* Toy Miniature Egg

2 codes will be given away between each map that we complete, and it will be done using a giveaway extension on my stream. **This means that you do not have to be in the physical train in order to be eligible!** Anyone on any server from anywhere in the world can participate, so long as they’re present at the time of the drawing and are able to type in chat. Note: You cannot win more than one code.

---

Thank you, and I hope to see you there!

Small screenshot collection from last train, (thanks lostwingman and huskybcake <3)

https://imgur.com/a/dYJsCSZ

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> This looks amazing! I've linked it to friends.

>

> Question for clarity: Each account can only use the Heroic Edition once, right? So those that already have done that upgrade should not enter for it as best I understand it.

Actually, you can use it as many times as you want on the same account! You won't get the upgrade from free account --> core account (because you've already upgraded that), but you'll still get all of the physical / itemized goodies, including another option of the armor sets.

> @"Svennis.3852" said:

> Oo, I’m interested! I’ll have to do the math to figure out what time it starts in my time zone.

If it makes it any easier, squad will be up 6 hours before reset!

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Thanks for posting in the forums.

No problem! Glad to be here.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> Aww im going to miss all but tangled depths and dragons stand. But i want to go when i get home.

I run these every month, so if you're unable to make it to a certain section of the train, you can look forward to it next time :] I do these on the first Saturday of every month.

It's also worth noting that if you ever need help with specific POIs/Vistas/Events/Achievements, you can also just shoot me a message or mail in-game, and I'd be happy to help out. Granted, I probably can't get you from 0% to 100% by myself, but if you're missing one or two things or if you need a jumping puzzle port, hit me up!

Thanks, will do that, i have a lot of trouble in HoT maps. As a new player i got more PoF than HoT simply because the terrain is just awful to me, and i get lost all the time even with the maps. PoF is straightforward lol so i did things backwards and went PoF first.

But the zones are beautiful regardless, and i would love to finish them.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Oh add me to your list of people to ping for HoT mapping aid, Tiviana. Especially if you have mounts and infinite gliding, but I can help even if you just have basic gliding. Best times are mid-to-late afternoons most days of the week, eastern time NA.

I just have basic glide so far but im filling up mastery. Just got frustrated trying and dying getting around the zone lol. I have never fell to my death so much trying to traverse spaces O_O

Also im still kind of new how do i add you? is the name you are using on the forums what i add?

Yep, if you put Donari.5237 in your friends panel I'll be on your list as that is my account tag. Right now I'm dealing with medical stuff (stupid frozen shoulder and physical therapy, gonna so eat into my game time) but I often am looking for someone to help out with stuff right after I finish dailies right after reset. You can also add easier to type character names if you like, pick one of Briara, Ysethe, Merra and that'll tag me to your list. I recommend editing my Note info in your panel to something like "Donari.5237 helps with HoT" so you know if you really want my name on the list by next year, lol. You do have to remember and retype the account name and number when editing the nickname if you want to know it later.

I check these forums a lot, too, so you can PM me here if you have some time windows in mind. I won't be as efficient as Emikadon clearly is, to be sure, but I can definitely aid with getting to most hps and pois and strongboxes. Meanwhile remember to eat food for xp bonuses, use boosters, use guild hall tavern xp boosts, anything you can get your hands on. I'm not sure if the mount snacks from PoF will give you HoT mastery xp if consumed in HoT maps, but it's worth testing.