Is it me or is all pof content unrewarding

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > The true problem is lack of UNIQUE rewards.

>

> I believe that is an issue with pretty much all of GW2's open world PvE content.

I see comments along this theme all the time and am genuinely curious as to what people would actually consider a "unique" reward. Because if feels like "unique rewards" has basically become a meme on this forum. The current available reward space is basically weapon skins, armor skins, minis, guild hall decorations, infusions, gizmos, upgrade components, tonics, new stat gear, food/utility/recipe unlocks, AP, and currency. PoF + LS4 hit all of these. Beetle and griffon could also be considered rewards too. Dyes and mount skins are clearly gemstore content.

Does "unique" mean something that only a small number of people have or can get? Sorry, that's not how this game is set up and I hope it never goes that way. But even if that is what is meant, there are PoF rewards that are rare enough to fit that bill - for example, only 20 people on gw2efficiency have mini junundu wurm unlocked. Sounds pretty unique to get one of those. 19 have awakened abom. Mini djinn anyone? Special skins like darkspear, forged weapons, inquest mega spanner are all in the 0.5-2% of players having them unlocked, fairly unique in a game this size.

Or does it mean things only obtainable from a specific task/event/collection? Tons of stuff fits this bill from the dwarven tomb collection weapons, to specialization weapons, funerary armor/weapons. Random rewards? As far as I know, every LS4 map has rare skin drops from certain chests or events. Only 30 people on gw2efficiency have branded eye of argon unlocked. Less than 1% of gw2efficiency accounts have obtained all of the funerary weapon skins, so people clearly haven't tapped out these avenues either.

Or is it some undefined new system of something that isn't in the game yet that would simultaneously feel super awesome and always fresh even though everyone could get the rewards? Good luck with that one.

> @"thehipone.6812" said:

> I see comments along this theme all the time and am genuinely curious as to what people would actually consider a "unique" reward.

For instance, weapon and armor skins. Most of the unique ones you now get via BLCs or Gem Store, or by hours and hours of grinding. Nothing of value really drops from enemies or their event chests these days. People miss the occasional "Wow!" drop from playing common open world PvE, I guess - things that really make your day and motivate you to play the game (i.e., open world) apart from farming metas (and even those rarely feel rewarding in terms of unique rewards).

> > @"thehipone.6812" said:

> > I see comments along this theme all the time and am genuinely curious as to what people would actually consider a "unique" reward.

>

> For instance, weapon and armor skins. Most of the unique ones you now get via BLCs or Gem Store, or by hours and hours of grinding. Nothing of value really drops from enemies or their event chests these days. People miss the occasional "Wow!" drop from playing common open world PvE, I guess - things that really make your day and motivate you to play the game (i.e., open world) apart from farming metas (and even those rarely feel rewarding in terms of unique rewards).

Plenty of rewarding drops do exist in game though, but they never seem to "count" when the topic of rewards is brought up. The "nothing of value really drops" claim is demonstrably false. I got a Cothol, Fieldburner the other day as a nice 10 gold drop. Nobody is out there farming for forged weapons, despite the fact that ~2% of people have them. They are nice, detailed, unique skins and still go for 10-40 gold. Nobody is out there farming bounty hunter boxes from bounties. Sunspear armor skins were unique droppable rewards. Warbeast are rare recipes and super rare armor/skin drops. If you include event chest's you have [100](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Randa%27s_Eviscerator) to [700](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Branded_Eye_of_Argon) gold weapon skins available as potential drops.

Such items can never be the core component of rewards though, because of the need from players for some degree of instant gratification coupled with the rare-and-random nature of truly "unique" rewards. And this is why I view the "unique rewards" as mostly a forum meme. If such items are common they are worthless and therefore not "rewarding", materials and coin fill this niche better. If the unique items are rare then the forumites complain about difficulty of acquiring and having to "grind" to get a drop or being easier to buy off TP and then we're back to "the only way to get stuff is to grind".

tl;dr the drops are out there.

> @"thehipone.6812" said:

> Plenty of rewarding drops do exist in game though, but they never seem to "count" when the topic of rewards is brought up. The "nothing of value really drops" claim is demonstrably false. I got a Cothol, Fieldburner the other day as a nice 10 gold drop.

Okay, maybe I did not express my thoughts properly for you to understand what I was trying to communicate. By "value" I did not mean its value in gold - we were talking about "uniqueness" here, after all. Cothol's skin is certainly not unique, and also not unique to the area where you received the drop (like, "Wow, you can get this skin only here! Lucky me! And I got it for beating this particular open world content, what a thrill!").

> > @"thehipone.6812" said:

> > Plenty of rewarding drops do exist in game though, but they never seem to "count" when the topic of rewards is brought up. The "nothing of value really drops" claim is demonstrably false. I got a Cothol, Fieldburner the other day as a nice 10 gold drop.

>

> Okay, maybe I did not express my thoughts properly for you to understand what I was trying to communicate. By "value" I did not mean its value in gold - we were talking about "uniqueness" here, after all. Cothol's skin is certainly not unique, and also not unique to the area where you received the drop (like, "Wow, you can get this skin only here! Lucky me! And I got it for beating this particular open world content, what a thrill!").

>

Cothol's skin is unique, it isn't a bland old iron sword. Yes, you can craft it but multiple means to an item are good. This is exactly what I mean when I referred to the things never "counting" in my prior post.

The linked Randa's Eviscerator, Branded Eye and numerous other items do meet your standard though. The drops are out there, go get them.

If you consider the drops from small events, you actually get more rewards per event in PoF.

But everything is more spread and there's less event density and frequency in PoF. Many events take longer to complete over a larger area, and get scaled with people farther away, so they take longer. And there's less events about defeating single creatures other than bounties.

So players can't do as many events in the same time unless they are not joining metas and bounty runs.

There's metas, but they have less events or the rewards are meaningless or feel lacking.

In HoT you walk a little and you end up with an event against a single enemy here and there.

They should add elegy mosaics to normal champion bounties and increase the lower cap from legendary bounties and add some more to the meta events. Also they should make it so they can be converted to mystic coins or clovers, amalgamated gemstones and crystalline ore with daily cap like the fractal exchange.