Fix sword 3 to actually work properly.

Snellibee.2761

I bet all Revenants that are reading this know what I'm talking about. The sword 3 skill that fails more than it actually works.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain a bit.

Sword 3 is the skill that turns you into a mist and you strike your enemy multiple times, similar to smokescale's skill. It's a great skill and I wouldn't change anything about it, that is if it actually decides to fucking work.

As soon as someone goes out of the range during the cast the skill will fail and you will stand there looking like an idiot expecting you'd be in the animation.

For some reason it has serious pathing issues and 'obstructed' issues, like the smallest uneven ground between you and your target makes it basically fail.

Sometimes theres a second delay for the skill to actually work, like I activate it and it's doing something but I'm not attacking the enemy untill like a second later that it decides to work, meanwhile you're eating a bunch of damage standing still while you can't move.

A recent bug I encountered wich doesn't happen often but it did happen was in pvp on Battle of Kyhlo. At mid I used my sword 3 and it worked fine untill the skill ended, put me into a higher camera position and locked my movement for 2-3 seconds. I was not knocked down or not immobilized, it was just a weird bug.

Long story short the dev team needs to do some bugtesting and solving with sword 3 because it really doesn't work properly at all. Make it so you only need to be in range when you cast the skill and not after the cast.

I'll have times where my target is in range, I use the skill, the wind up happens, and while they are still in range my char turns to mist and evades but stands in place doing nothing while I have full use of all my other skills. Sometimes it'll just not work and still lock skill access. Slow causes weird delays in the skill, works fine with quickness. Uneven terrain causes many issues where your char won't hit or track them (even if it's not jump spots). The skill is very messy and has caused many a problem for me in fights. Pls fix asap.

I have suggested before that upon initially activating the skill, the range gets increased in order for the skill to follow through properly. I generally know it is my fault for exceeding the max range when this happens, but if I am trying to kite, say, a warrior, I try to abuse that threshold as much as possible. Even if this isn't necessarily a bug, I don't agree with it being a thing.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the “losing quickness” bug. Essentially if you lose quickness during the cast time of the skill then the skill just fails and won’t work. Additionally, I’ve heard gaining/losing slow does the same thing, but haven’t tested that at all. This bug has been around for almost two years at least now and is bullshit tbh. It’s easily replicable too, so anyone that “hasn’t had an issue with this skill” can go confirm this exists. This bug is especially awful for Brutality trait users

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> If someone walks away from the range of the skill and it fails, that’s not a bug. That’s working as intended. Haven’t really experienced the other bugs you mentioned. Sounds like some of it may be your connection to the game. The only bug I see is that sometimes you hit objects like a wall for example.

I have very good connection so it isn't that, I see people like Sindrener when they play Rev experience these bugs too

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> I’m surprised no one has mentioned the “losing quickness” bug. Essentially if you lose quickness during the cast time of the skill then the skill just fails and won’t work. Additionally, I’ve heard gaining/losing slow does the same thing, but haven’t tested that at all. This bug has been around for almost two years at least now and is kitten tbh. It’s easily replicable too, so anyone that “hasn’t had an issue with this skill” can go confirm this exists. This bug is especially awful for Brutality trait users

I never knew that that bug existed, but it might be the issue that I keep getting since I do too use Brutality

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> I just don't like how when it fails to go off due to them running out of range it cancels and goes on cd and still uses energy.

Exactly if they don't want to make it so range doesn't matter anymore after the cast then they should make it act like you'd stow your weapons so it won't use resources

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > I just don't like how when it fails to go off due to them running out of range it cancels and goes on cd and still uses energy.

>

> Exactly if they don't want to make it so range doesn't matter anymore after the cast then they should make it act like you'd stow your weapons so it won't use resources

Most skill work like that. Consumes energy even if you cancel them. Not too beneficial

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> They could make it work exactly how Soulbeast Smoke Assault works it never has this failure, I mean if the Smoke Assault is ok for one Class to have then it should be ok for the class with the original version of the skill to have the same functionality

No, that skill needs to have a cast time too. Lot of sheeple are still asking for that on SBs.

If your target moves out of range while casting, the skill should fail and this is by design.

Terrain differences can cause the skill to fail and leave you in an evade with full use of your other skills. This sounds like it would be fine as autoattacks or a precision strike would deal a lot more damage, but it's more likely you waste at least half a second because you assumed your skill would, you know, work properly.

It gets even weirder with quickness or slow. Most of the time that I have slow or quickness less than the casting time of the skill (e.g. less than 1.5 seconds of slow, or less than .375 or so seconds of quickness), by the end of the skill cast the boon/condition is gone, and the game gets very confused, often giving the full evade with full use of your other skills.

This skill needs a fix but dear lord don't make it like the stupid soulbeast skill, then there's no counterplay like there should be by getting out of range.

Other thing that gets super frustrating in WvW is when the skill will target the supply depots, first aid kits, or keep/tower walls, this is just getting ridiculously annoying.

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > They could make it work exactly how Soulbeast Smoke Assault works it never has this failure, I mean if the Smoke Assault is ok for one Class to have then it should be ok for the class with the original version of the skill to have the same functionality

>

> No, that skill needs to have a cast time too. Lot of sheeple are still asking for that on SBs.

I’m all for parity on similar skills so either way works for me, but I was mainly referring to it doesn’t have the same issue as UA with people out ranging it while being cast mainly do to the longer range, on top of no pre cast punishment frames.