"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

Ni In.6578

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> It prob means the announcement is more than an event week now. If that was the only thing that was going to be announced you dont need to postpone it due to bad weather (it also doesnt count as "really awesome"). As a non WvW'er Im just after an event week though.

Well, If the announcement was supposed to be in advance of an event they planned to start Friday, then it could still be just an event that had to be pushed back because of weather, causing more hype and speculation. I'd be disappointed if the initial hype and subsequent weather hype led to just an event though, but I wouldn't be suprised if that's the case.

Wait, why are they posting the wvw updates (using the word 'update' very loosely here) on twitter and _not_ the official forum's wvw subsection?

That's certainly an interesting policy.

Unrelated, up here in Canada snow days aren't a thing. Maybe I'll convince Trudeau to send some extra plows down to help out with the roads between Anet's place of employment and their houses.

~ Kovu

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> Wait, why are they posting the wvw updates (using the word 'update' very loosely here) on twitter and _not_ the official forum's wvw subsection?

> That's certainly an interesting policy.

>

> ~ Kovu

Because ~~**Reddit**~~ ~~**official forums**~~ Twitter is the official line of communication.

My money is on mounts. It just makes sense. Everyone saying they'll quit the game is straight up lying. If you haven't quit by now, mounts certainly wont push you over the edge.

Whatever it is, I hope the community doesn't slaughter ANet in the forums. It's one thing to complain that devs don't care about WvW. It's another to beat them down when they actually do something.

> @"juno.1840" said:

> My money is on mounts. It just makes sense. Everyone saying they'll quit the game is straight up lying. If you haven't quit by now, mounts certainly wont push you over the edge.

>

> Whatever it is, I hope the community doesn't slaughter ANet in the forums. It's one thing to complain that devs don't care about WvW. It's another to beat them down when they actually do something.

Dude just think, how mounts would influence wvw. Spend 5 minutes on that and come back with what are ur thoughts. It will ruin wvw, unless they change a shiton of wvw current system.

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> Wait, why are they posting the wvw updates (using the word 'update' very loosely here) on twitter and _not_ the official forum's wvw subsection?

> That's certainly an interesting policy.

>

> Unrelated, up here in Canada snow days aren't a thing. Maybe I'll convince Trudeau to send some extra plows down to help out with the roads between Anet's place of employment and their houses.

>

> ~ Kovu

WvW sub forum is a no-go zone for Anet devs.

If they did a mount they could just make it like 1 mount that does something wvw related and the rest are not allowed. I mean if the rabbit is allowed in enemy territory than the whole system goes down. But they might make a new wvw mount just for us, and for hte low low price of 2000 gems he will have a cool skin!

> @"timetopat.7921" said:

> If they did a mount they could just make it like 1 mount that does something wvw related and the rest are not allowed. I mean if the rabbit is allowed in enemy territory than the whole system goes down. But they might make a new wvw mount just for us, and for hte low low price of 2000 gems he will have a cool skin!

Yak

* Moves normal speed

* Can carry extra supply

* Can Ram doors

* Can carry up to 5 players

And watch as the forums explode, with all the players that hate it, because it isn't +200% speed, jump/fly over every wall, and doesn't let you show of the Disco-Freak-Show skins.

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > @"timetopat.7921" said:

> > If they did a mount they could just make it like 1 mount that does something wvw related and the rest are not allowed. I mean if the rabbit is allowed in enemy territory than the whole system goes down. But they might make a new wvw mount just for us, and for hte low low price of 2000 gems he will have a cool skin!

>

> Yak

>

> * Moves normal speed

> * Can carry extra supply

> * Can Ram doors

> * Can carry up to 5 players

>

> And watch as the forums explode, with all the players that hate it, because it isn't +200% speed, jump/fly over every wall, and doesn't let you show of the Disco-Freak-Show skins.

Its sad but its kind of a damned if you do and damned if you dont in that case. Also youll get the players who want a brand new game. They dont know what its supposed to be or what will make it better than gw2 but they want it.

This is why they have the whole policy of not revealing anything until it's ready. Because if they make an announcement about a forthcoming change and something happens to delay, or even cancel it, you wind up with people being upset like they are here.

I'm usually not bothered by this kind of stuff, and especially when it involves matters beyond the control of the employee's, like weather. But in this case... I'm actually a little annoyed. It's not often WvW gets any hype. And of course the one time it does outside of the occasional week-long event, it gets postponed.

I know ANet isn't in charge of what the weather decides to do, but... Seriously? Is there no other way to just tell us what's going on? Or maybe they could have avoided the whole teaser to begin with.

> @"Astrolicus.3716" said:

> I hope they announce it tomorrow, probably they already read all our comments here and Reddit. Probably Anet realized that they kitten up.

>

> Right, right?

Yup just like they realised they kittened up with the last re-link and fixed it....right away...