ANet: Advertise WvW

Ni In.6578

Many PvE players don't know what WvW is. They've never been in it, haven't clicked on the icon, don't know what the B key is mapped to... So why not advertise WvW like seasonal events are advertised?

I know during downstate, etc. events WvW is advertised, but we need fresh blood -- so outside of events, just put up a "Try WvW today! You're on server ". May as well alternate with other game modes.

> @"Ni In.6578" said:

> Many PvE players don't know what WvW is. They've never been in it, haven't clicked on the icon, don't know what the B key is mapped to... So why not advertise WvW like seasonal events are advertised?

>

> I know during downstate, etc. events WvW is advertised, but we need fresh blood -- so outside of events, just put up a "Try WvW today! You're on server ". May as well alternate with other game modes.

The devs need "stuff" to advertise before they can actually advertise. Makes sense, no?

> @"Ni In.6578" said:

> But they shouldn't need an 'event' or update to advertise any particular game mode. It should be a 'try today!'. We commonly see advertisements do just that out in the real world.

By that logic, then the devs don't need to do anything except spam players "try X today!", and everyone will happily keep playing! Monthly concurrency numbers and revenue will skyrocket! And the devs can finally turn Anet HQ into a huge spa and gym, and watch their profits and paychecks soar on 100' 4k tv screens that steam minute to minute NCSoft financials!

the alliance system will be akin to a single name placeholder just like what guilds were in gw1 and whenever the alliance of the server captures SMC, it will be broadcasted to ALL of PvE saying that, "This L33t Alliance [TLAs] has captured the Stone Mist Castle. You have now +50% bonus in getting a pre-cursor." and all of the people in your server will go kill pve mobs trying their luck (or probably WvW mobs [most likely WvW mobs 4 da pips]).

There isn't anything to advertise other than when the wvw events come around, which frankly they should be doing at least once a month. Maybe after alliances when populations are more evened out they can start running tournaments again, give people a reason to play to win again. New accounts are also notified when they're leveling on opening wvw, but not everyone enjoys pvp.

Yeah I think they should have a bonus event to every area of the game like a minimum exp/wxp/magic find/bonus token for wvw, spvp, rotated between 1. wvw, 2. spvp, 3. fractals/raids, 4. open world which consist of either core or hot or pof zones, one event a week. So that every part of the game gets highlighted at least once a month. It doesn't need to be big and elaborate as the festivals and tied to the black lion, that's what festivals are for, but the bonus buff like they did when the spvp tournaments were running.

If you look at a game like world of warcraft they have stuff going on all the time, pet battle bonus event, arena bonus event, battleground bonus event, world quest rep bonus event, timewalking dungeons bonus event, current dungeon bonus event, dark moon fair, festivals etc. All those areas of the game get highlighted and reminds players to come check it out and also gets players focused and excited about an area for a time.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Yeah I think they should have a bonus event to every area of the game like a minimum exp/wxp/magic find/bonus token for wvw, spvp, rotated between 1. wvw, 2. spvp, 3. fractals/raids, 4. open world which consist of either core or hot or pof zones, one event a week. So that every part of the game gets highlighted at least once a month. It doesn't need to be big and elaborate as the festivals and tied to the black lion, that's what festivals are for, but the bonus buff like they did when the spvp tournaments were running.

>

> If you look at a game like world of warcraft they have stuff going on all the time, pet battle bonus event, arena bonus event, battleground bonus event, world quest rep bonus event, timewalking dungeons bonus event, current dungeon bonus event, dark moon fair, festivals etc. All those areas of the game get highlighted and reminds players to come check it out and also gets players focused and exited about an area for a time.

>

>

I can totally support this.

I dunno about this. I've been talking to some PVE folks as I go through the process of hating myself and completing masteries in the open world. From what I gather they just really have no real idea how the heck to start. My advice is always to find a guild (after determining which server they are on...most don't know) and hop in on a scheduled night. It would be nice to get a little bump from Anet periodically. Buffs to completing rewards tracks or something loot oriented might help.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> in the current state of balance and mechanics.... advertising WvW would make more players actually laught about it....

Not so sure about that. I actually think the job Anet does with balance and the mechanics is fairly good. There is no way that everything can be perfectly balanced, if it was I don't think anything then would matter but numbers, 1v1 would only be a fight to see who messed up first cause everyone would be even. Part of the fun playing this is overcome the inequality of classes in different situations.

> @"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > in the current state of balance and mechanics.... advertising WvW would make more players actually laught about it....

> Not so sure about that. I actually think the job Anet does with balance and the mechanics is fairly good. There is no way that everything can be perfectly balanced, if it was I don't think anything then would matter but numbers, 1v1 would only be a fight to see who messed up first cause everyone would be even. Part of the fun playing this is overcome the inequality of classes in different situations.

>

yeah but the gamemode itself didnt improved much and endend ugly as hell with the current lowbie skilled gameplay stack aoe n spam it m8 help the pve players to feel strong when they stack and mass zerg empry structures, we had more rewards over time for improvements and that's it, maybe after the alliance system Anet m8 try it.