Rev WvW help

sinsrock.1702

Hey whats up guys so I wana start by saying my gear---- Zerk/Mara with Dura runes "wanted to try out firework ? is it worth?"

power shiro build with Herald also running hydro rune with 2 energy

anyways im looking for the best opening combo! I love being on glint to start but it seems that being on shiro to start is better

opening combo ive been doing

phase transverse -death strike-precision strike- unrelenting assault -legend swap.

and then just pressure using glint abilities

is there a better combo? what other combos can I use to be able to do more things with the remaining skills? maybe a good staff combo? im still learning rev but I definitely feel that learning the combos a class can do will be a good start, thanks guys :) ive been doing pretty well so far just looking to really dial in my skills :)

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> Why would you run firework on herald? Herald has plenty mobility with glint and/or the movement trait.

>

> After sword changes I find it much harder to immob people with rev sword offhand.

norm you use it for the access to vigor since herald/shiro have no access to it + the bonus boost to boons is nice, never tried it which is why I ask, also it would make just as much sense to run 1 or 2 trinks with toughness since in herald you can maintain the ulti skill and still gain prot. just curious :) I know nici uses fireworks atm.

> @"sinsrock.1702" said:

> Hey whats up guys so I wana start by saying my gear---- Zerk/Mara with Dura runes "wanted to try out firework ? is it worth?"

If you want a Power/Boon Duration set, you should try Surging, the number of plays you can make with the 6set bonus proc with Facet of Chaos is invaluable.

If you don't want to micro that, Pack's still better than Fireworks unless you REEEAAAALLLY want the Vigor. But honestly, Fireworks has a lot of wasted stat weight for Rev's in that 125 precision (especially if yer using some mara gear), and pack's proc has both a lower cooldown and will give boons to any allies in your area--fireworks' boons are self-only.

Leadership is also a nice power spike (not as big), but has added survivability and cleanse (although you have to use the facet release to proc cleanse, unlike surging.)

> opening combo ive been doing

> phase transverse -death strike-precision strike- unrelenting assault -legend swap.

You shouldn't use Deathstrke after PT unless you need the double movement skills to close on your target (and even then you're usually better off doing DS before the PT--unless you want the soft cc.) This is because you should never be counting on DS's 2nd strike to actually hit... Anyone who doesn't dodge this will most likely lose to you 100%-0% no matter what you do. By using PT+DS, you're effectively wasting PT's damage bonus and unblockable status. You're much better off using PT and then Precision Strike from inside their hitbox or doing the ole classic PT+SotM. DS is best used for mobility to chase, escape, get out of an immobilize, or to force someone to waste a dodge to set up a combo, you shouldn't be wasting modifiers on it, because again, it's just gonna get dodged.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"sinsrock.1702" said:

> > Hey whats up guys so I wana start by saying my gear---- Zerk/Mara with Dura runes "wanted to try out firework ? is it worth?"

>

> If you want a Power/Boon Duration set, you should try Surging, the number of plays you can make with the 6set bonus proc with Facet of Chaos is invaluable.

> If you don't want to micro that, Pack's still better than Fireworks unless you REEEAAAALLLY want the Vigor. But honestly, Fireworks has a lot of wasted stat weight for Rev's in that 125 precision (especially if yer using some mara gear), and pack's proc has both a lower cooldown and will give boons to any allies in your area--fireworks' boons are self-only.

> Leadership is also a nice power spike (not as big), but has added survivability and cleanse (although you have to use the facet release to proc cleanse, unlike surging.)

>

> > opening combo ive been doing

> > phase transverse -death strike-precision strike- unrelenting assault -legend swap.

>

> You shouldn't use Deathstrke after PT unless you need the double movement skills to close on your target (and even then you're usually better off doing DS before the PT--unless you want the soft cc.) This is because you should never be counting on DS's 2nd strike to actually hit... Anyone who doesn't dodge this will most likely lose to you 100%-0% no matter what you do. By using PT+DS, you're effectively wasting PT's damage bonus and unblockable status. You're much better off using PT and then Precision Strike from inside their hitbox or doing the ole classic PT+SotM. DS is best used for mobility to chase, escape, get out of an immobilize, or to force someone to waste a dodge to set up a combo, you shouldn't be wasting modifiers on it, because again, it's just gonna get dodged.

thank you for a great answer man! yea ive been running dura runes as I get more comfortable with this ive been adding a little more cavalier just to kinda up the toughness (only like 1 or 2 things) and ive liked it so far, thanks for the answer about PT and DS as well! that's good to know i wont be using DS unless i need to cover some more ground for a quick gank now :D this was great thank you :)

> @"sinsrock.1702" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"sinsrock.1702" said:

> > > Hey whats up guys so I wana start by saying my gear---- Zerk/Mara with Dura runes "wanted to try out firework ? is it worth?"

> >

> > If you want a Power/Boon Duration set, you should try Surging, the number of plays you can make with the 6set bonus proc with Facet of Chaos is invaluable.

> > If you don't want to micro that, Pack's still better than Fireworks unless you REEEAAAALLLY want the Vigor. But honestly, Fireworks has a lot of wasted stat weight for Rev's in that 125 precision (especially if yer using some mara gear), and pack's proc has both a lower cooldown and will give boons to any allies in your area--fireworks' boons are self-only.

> > Leadership is also a nice power spike (not as big), but has added survivability and cleanse (although you have to use the facet release to proc cleanse, unlike surging.)

> >

> > > opening combo ive been doing

> > > phase transverse -death strike-precision strike- unrelenting assault -legend swap.

> >

> > You shouldn't use Deathstrke after PT unless you need the double movement skills to close on your target (and even then you're usually better off doing DS before the PT--unless you want the soft cc.) This is because you should never be counting on DS's 2nd strike to actually hit... Anyone who doesn't dodge this will most likely lose to you 100%-0% no matter what you do. By using PT+DS, you're effectively wasting PT's damage bonus and unblockable status. You're much better off using PT and then Precision Strike from inside their hitbox or doing the ole classic PT+SotM. DS is best used for mobility to chase, escape, get out of an immobilize, or to force someone to waste a dodge to set up a combo, you shouldn't be wasting modifiers on it, because again, it's just gonna get dodged.

>

> thank you for a great answer man! yea ive been running dura runes as I get more comfortable with this ive been adding a little more cavalier just to kinda up the toughness (only like 1 or 2 things) and ive liked it so far, thanks for the answer about PT and DS as well! that's good to know i wont be using DS unless i need to cover some more ground for a quick gank now :D this was great thank you :)

>

>

Glad I could help...!

I use Dura like 75% of the time too... The pure amount of stats it gives you is too good and lets you wear more zerker gear because of it.

Also, with DS, don't be afraid to use it just to see if you hit somebody with it--so many roamers are like, real bad. But like, just don't invest too much into it (like your active PT procs.) Also also, sometimes it's worth it for the soft cc, since that part of the attack does almost always land. It's great for setting up combos like that, gives you fury/5 might, gives them chill/slow, and probably just made them waste a dodge--which is a trifecta of things you love to see right before you unload on somebody,

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"sinsrock.1702" said:

> > Hey whats up guys so I wana start by saying my gear---- Zerk/Mara with Dura runes "wanted to try out firework ? is it worth?"

>

> If you want a Power/Boon Duration set, you should try Surging, the number of plays you can make with the 6set bonus proc with Facet of Chaos is invaluable.

> If you don't want to micro that, Pack's still better than Fireworks unless you REEEAAAALLLY want the Vigor. But honestly, Fireworks has a lot of wasted stat weight for Rev's in that 125 precision (especially if yer using some mara gear), and pack's proc has both a lower cooldown and will give boons to any allies in your area--fireworks' boons are self-only.

> Leadership is also a nice power spike (not as big), but has added survivability and cleanse (although you have to use the facet release to proc cleanse, unlike surging.)

I think you can proc the condi cleanse from Leadership just by turning on the facet.

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"sinsrock.1702" said:

> > > Hey whats up guys so I wana start by saying my gear---- Zerk/Mara with Dura runes "wanted to try out firework ? is it worth?"

> >

> > If you want a Power/Boon Duration set, you should try Surging, the number of plays you can make with the 6set bonus proc with Facet of Chaos is invaluable.

> > If you don't want to micro that, Pack's still better than Fireworks unless you REEEAAAALLLY want the Vigor. But honestly, Fireworks has a lot of wasted stat weight for Rev's in that 125 precision (especially if yer using some mara gear), and pack's proc has both a lower cooldown and will give boons to any allies in your area--fireworks' boons are self-only.

> > Leadership is also a nice power spike (not as big), but has added survivability and cleanse (although you have to use the facet release to proc cleanse, unlike surging.)

>

> I think you can proc the condi cleanse from Leadership just by turning on the facet.

>

Nah, it only procs on the Release... And it's prone to interrupt. But I guess it'd be kind of sucky if you wasted your cleanse cooldown on dumb stuff just turning on protection too, so it's a give or take.

Unless they changed it very recently that is... I haven't played Leadership in a few patches.