The Eternity Question

> @"rng.1024" said:

> Buying it will only unlock the Eternity version of the skin when you account bind it. However if you choose to craft it you will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not.

>

> So if you want all 3 skins the better option is to buy Sunrise and Twillight separately and then combine them yourself.

There’s no difference between Eternity you combine yourself or Eternity you buy on the trading post.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> Buying it will only unlock the Eternity version of the skin when you account bind it. However if you choose to craft it you will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not.

>

> So if you want all 3 skins the better option is to buy Sunrise and Twillight separately and then combine them yourself.

So does that mean if you craft Sunrise and Twilight and _don't bind them to your account_ so you don't unlock the skins from the weapons themselves, when you put them in the Mystic Forge to create Eternity it unlocks Sunrise and Twilight skins as soon as it's created, but only unlocks the Eternity skin when you bind it to your account?

Or am I misunderstanding what you mean when you say crafting it will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not? As far as I know skins only unlock when you bind an item to your account, when you equip it (for common/fine items which don't bind on equip) or when you destroy it, but putting it in the Mystic Forge doesn't count.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > Buying it will only unlock the Eternity version of the skin when you account bind it. However if you choose to craft it you will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not.

> >

> > So if you want all 3 skins the better option is to buy Sunrise and Twillight separately and then combine them yourself.

>

> So does that mean if you craft Sunrise and Twilight and _don't bind them to your account_ so you don't unlock the skins from the weapons themselves, when you put them in the Mystic Forge to create Eternity it unlocks Sunrise and Twilight skins as soon as it's created, but only unlocks the Eternity skin when you bind it to your account?

Yep. You can gain those two skins and still sell Eternity as long as you don’t bind it to account.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > Buying it will only unlock the Eternity version of the skin when you account bind it. However if you choose to craft it you will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not.

> >

> > So if you want all 3 skins the better option is to buy Sunrise and Twillight separately and then combine them yourself.

>

> There’s no difference between Eternity you combine yourself or Eternity you buy on the trading post.

Edit: Removed comment

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> >

>

> So does that mean if you craft Sunrise and Twilight and _don't bind them to your account_ so you don't unlock the skins from the weapons themselves, when you put them in the Mystic Forge to create Eternity it unlocks Sunrise and Twilight skins as soon as it's created, but only unlocks the Eternity skin when you bind it to your account?

>

> Or am I misunderstanding what you mean when you say crafting it will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not? As far as I know skins only unlock when you bind an item to your account, when you equip it (for common/fine items which don't bind on equip) or when you destroy it, but putting it in the Mystic Forge doesn't count.

Edit: Removed my comment

> @"rng.1024" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > Buying it will only unlock the Eternity version of the skin when you account bind it. However if you choose to craft it you will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not.

> > >

> > > So if you want all 3 skins the better option is to buy Sunrise and Twillight separately and then combine them yourself.

> >

> > So does that mean if you craft Sunrise and Twilight and _don't bind them to your account_ so you don't unlock the skins from the weapons themselves, when you put them in the Mystic Forge to create Eternity it unlocks Sunrise and Twilight skins as soon as it's created, but only unlocks the Eternity skin when you bind it to your account?

> >

> > Or am I misunderstanding what you mean when you say crafting it will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not? As far as I know skins only unlock when you bind an item to your account, when you equip it (for common/fine items which don't bind on equip) or when you destroy it, but putting it in the Mystic Forge doesn't count.

>

> You can use them in the forge whether account-bound or not - but yeah you should unlock them separately before crafting Eternity with them of course as it makes no difference :)

See my first comment.

> @"rng.1024" said:

>Actually there is, you can see that Eternity has a glowing pommel which neither of the "precursors" do making it an unique skin. As Eternity cannot be crafted like other gen 2 legends, it won't unlock previous skins retroactively if bought.

>You have to remember the game treats these weapons as 3 separate legendaries.

You also need to read my comments better.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > Buying it will only unlock the Eternity version of the skin when you account bind it. However if you choose to craft it you will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not.

> > >

> > > So if you want all 3 skins the better option is to buy Sunrise and Twillight separately and then combine them yourself.

> >

> > So does that mean if you craft Sunrise and Twilight and _don't bind them to your account_ so you don't unlock the skins from the weapons themselves, when you put them in the Mystic Forge to create Eternity it unlocks Sunrise and Twilight skins as soon as it's created, but only unlocks the Eternity skin when you bind it to your account?

> >

> > Or am I misunderstanding what you mean when you say crafting it will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not? As far as I know skins only unlock when you bind an item to your account, when you equip it (for common/fine items which don't bind on equip) or when you destroy it, but putting it in the Mystic Forge doesn't count.

>

> You can use them in the forge whether account-bound or not - but yeah you should unlock them separately before crafting Eternity with them of course as it makes no difference :)

You really need to:

A.) get your facts strait. The video provided clearly shows that binding eternity, even if bought off the TP, will unlock ALL skins (Sunrise, Twilight, all precursors, etc.).

B.) read comments properly and within context.

You are of no help to new players when you give incorrect answers.

> @"Archangel.1357" said:

> Yeah I'm rather confused...so buying Eternity from TP won't actually unlock Twilight/Sunrise? I'll have to craft then bind it to do so?

Watch the video Hayleydawn added to the first reply. The important bit is from 1:00 to 1:45. That shows the guy picking up Eternity from the TP, choosing stats and binding it to his account and then unlocking the skins for Dusk, Dawn, Twilight, Sunrise and Eternity, all in one go.

So yes - a purchased Eternity will unlock all the previous skins as well.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Or am I misunderstanding what you mean when you say crafting it will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not? As far as I know skins only unlock when you bind an item to your account, when you equip it (for common/fine items which don't bind on equip) or when you destroy it, but putting it in the Mystic Forge doesn't count.

For ordinary skins, but I guess also for Legendaries, if you put an item with a still-locked skin in the MF, the process of destroying the item (when you hit "Forge") will unlock its skin. It's a sort of side benefit of doing the Daily Mystic Forger while you have craftable skins still available to unlock - make the items, then you can unlock them by MFing them for the daily.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > > Buying it will only unlock the Eternity version of the skin when you account bind it. However if you choose to craft it you will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not.

> > > >

> > > > So if you want all 3 skins the better option is to buy Sunrise and Twillight separately and then combine them yourself.

> > >

> > > So does that mean if you craft Sunrise and Twilight and _don't bind them to your account_ so you don't unlock the skins from the weapons themselves, when you put them in the Mystic Forge to create Eternity it unlocks Sunrise and Twilight skins as soon as it's created, but only unlocks the Eternity skin when you bind it to your account?

> > >

> > > Or am I misunderstanding what you mean when you say crafting it will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not? As far as I know skins only unlock when you bind an item to your account, when you equip it (for common/fine items which don't bind on equip) or when you destroy it, but putting it in the Mystic Forge doesn't count.

> >

> > You can use them in the forge whether account-bound or not - but yeah you should unlock them separately before crafting Eternity with them of course as it makes no difference :)

>

> See my first comment.

>

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> >Actually there is, you can see that Eternity has a glowing pommel which neither of the "precursors" do making it an unique skin. As Eternity cannot be crafted like other gen 2 legends, it won't unlock previous skins retroactively if bought.

> >You have to remember the game treats these weapons as 3 separate legendaries.

> You also need to read my comments better.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > > Buying it will only unlock the Eternity version of the skin when you account bind it. However if you choose to craft it you will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not.

> > > >

> > > > So if you want all 3 skins the better option is to buy Sunrise and Twillight separately and then combine them yourself.

> > >

> > > So does that mean if you craft Sunrise and Twilight and _don't bind them to your account_ so you don't unlock the skins from the weapons themselves, when you put them in the Mystic Forge to create Eternity it unlocks Sunrise and Twilight skins as soon as it's created, but only unlocks the Eternity skin when you bind it to your account?

> > >

> > > Or am I misunderstanding what you mean when you say crafting it will unlock both other skins regardless of whether they were account bound or not? As far as I know skins only unlock when you bind an item to your account, when you equip it (for common/fine items which don't bind on equip) or when you destroy it, but putting it in the Mystic Forge doesn't count.

> >

> > You can use them in the forge whether account-bound or not - but yeah you should unlock them separately before crafting Eternity with them of course as it makes no difference :)

>

> You really need to:

> A.) get your facts strait. The video provided clearly shows that binding eternity, even if bought off the TP, will unlock ALL skins (Sunrise, Twilight, all precursors, etc.).

> B.) read comments properly and within context.

>

> You are of no help to new players when you give incorrect answers.

I stand corrected. However at the time of posting the video reply had not rendered so I was without the info - meaning I had to rely on my own experience buying directly from the tp. Logic dictates that as a unique skin Eternity wouldn't unlock the steps before without crafting (given no collection) but as we can see indeed it does. Therefore I thought it better to be safe paying a little extra than sorry later. I can see the comment in question now so it wasn't a matter of not reading in context, however all we (me and the OP) had was an unfounded statement and I stand by my suggestion to play it safe at the time given the information I had available.

Of course though, my replies in this thread should now be ignored as the issue has been completely resolved - I am sorry for the inconvenience my faulty advice has caused - even though my only intent was to help.