WvW mount is not what WvW Devs spent their time on, its the whole Living World Team that thought ...

Arden.7480

Where did you hear that? It makes complete sense, but it would be nice to know where it came from so ~~if~~ when it comes up again we can link to an actual quote from Anet saying it.

(When I say it makes sense I mean it's the kind of thing I imagine people in the Living World team having more expertise on, whereas I imagine the WvW team are mostly focused on balance and map design, although new mechanics would come into that. Also I can imagine their process for creating mounts is more like thinking up new kinds of mounts and then deciding which ones add the most to the game and where/how it makes sense to introduce them than starting by deciding WvW needs a mount and going from there.)

Well the core point the OP makes is valid: We have no evidence to suggest that because this mount was being developed for WvW that resources were siphoned off from developing other changes for WvW. For all we know, the devs who spent time on this mount would have been working on gem store skins had this project not gone forward.

We also do not know what the "Balance Patch" will be next week. For all anyone knows, next Tuesday's patch might contain the top 3 items on any WvW'ers wish list on top of this mount, yet here they all are, kittening on ANET.

And MMO players wonder why the gaming companies don't communicate or share information with them, because to an MMO player apparently, waiting 7 days after an announcement is 'too hard'. :frown:

> @"BlueJin.4127" said:

> Considering the WvW mount has WvW functions, I’m going to assume that the WvW team spent some time on this.

And? How do you know ANET didn't dedicate more staff to work on WvW (which is something the players have wanted)? Nobody knows, so there is no defending ANET nor should there be anyone prosecuting them either.

Wait. And. See.

After the patch comes down, there will be plenty of time (and threads) to praise/curse ANET, but at least it will be based on facts, not supposition.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Where did you hear that? It makes complete sense, but it would be nice to know where it came from so ~~if~~ when it comes up again we can link to an actual quote from Anet saying it.

>

> (When I say it makes sense I mean it's the kind of thing I imagine people in the Living World team having more expertise on, whereas I imagine the WvW team are mostly focused on balance and map design, although new mechanics would come into that. Also I can imagine their process for creating mounts is more like thinking up new kinds of mounts and then deciding which ones add the most to the game and where/how it makes sense to introduce them than starting by deciding WvW needs a mount and going from there.)

It's speculation phrased as fact

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> And? How do you know ANET didn't dedicate more staff to work on WvW (which is something the players have wanted)? Nobody knows, so there is no defending ANET nor should there be anyone prosecuting them either.

>

> Wait. And. See.

>

> After the patch comes down, there will be plenty of time (and threads) to praise/curse ANET, but at least it will be based on facts, not supposition.

>

I’m not attacking nor defending Anet for WvW mounts.

Whether they added more people or not, when devs introduce something that can affect balance and gameplay of a mode, they typically have their core team with experience in that mode test things extensively before introducing something new. So OP’s assumption is unlikely.

Not every company is EActivision that just shoves in micro transactions to sell. :smile: