Best Game Ever

I have played GW since the second month the GW1 Opening and have played almost every night through the present into GW2. I have two GW1 and three GW2 accounts and know all my guild members by first name and most birthdays. While we play we talk about life, argue about politics, and grow closer as friends. We had a friend die on-line while we played and constructed her a grave sight in our guild hall. Since GW1 we have had three couples meet and marry. And BTW still go back to GW1 for special events.

Sure I have not agreed about every costume or grind creep, but we still play every night. That says something about what you created.

I hope the game continues on and to the other players, thanks for the environment. This is the nicest bunch of people that ever played an MMORPG.

I wish all the employees the best after the layoffs and send you a special thanks for all you have done for our enjoyment of the game.

Most of that comment seems to be more of a praise of what an online community has to offer, rather than what makes GW2 specifically "the best game ever". :P

To be on topic, perhaps it's just the design of the game that fosters a friendlier community which is what gives place for these kind of social relationships to form?

Though there's lots of salt hidden beneath the sugar coated experience. n_n;

In any case, it's great when an online community like this develops. And even though that can happen in any game, in some will be easier than others (thinking about league of legends here :P).

Few years back I moved from my homeland to my girlfriends country so we could be together (we're now married) but during the years we were in a long distance relationship living in different countries we used to regularly play both Gw1 and Gw2 together as it was one of the few things we could do with all that distance between us.

I've always been a big fan of Guildwars so over time I made a lot of friends playing these games.. one of them is now a pretty popular American Streamer who is known to Anet and they host her on their own Twitch from time to time as well.

My latest friend I met is another Gw2 player and streamer who much like me, moved from the same country I did.. to the same country I did.. for the same reason I did (to be with his girlfriend).. and we both just happen to live in the same town!

And I only met this friend because my American streamer friend who lives on the other side of the planet who I only know because of Guildwars decided one day to host him on her twitch channel XD

What are the odds of that right?.. meeting another person from my homeland, living in the the same town in a foreign country through another friend who lives on the other side of the planet.. and it's all because we love the same game.. Guildwars 2 ^^

These games have been such a huge part of my life both online and in the real world.

I'm glad your experience has been so positive. I haven't had THAT level of success in enjoying the social aspects of the game, but I do enjoy the game more than any other MMO in its current form. Now, if I could go back to previous incarnations of WoW or SWTOR, that would no longer be true, but today this is the best game available imo.

its great. 6 years on+ gw1 .

It's still great. some us grew up with 'gauntlet IV' and never realised it would actually happen 'across the tinternet'

when gw1 came out it was ooh and awww

but the co-operative play in GW2 has been amazing.

this comes with other users , and alot of complaints from said users .

but hey ho. we're all still here.

it's still great.

good job.

I don't know I'd say it's the best game ever but it's certainly one of my favourites.

GW1 was one of those rare times when I saw a game and was instantly hooked. My brother was playing what I think must have been the Fort Ranik mission. The charr got my attention first because they aren't your usual fantasy monsters, but as I watched him play the combat and map design also drew me in. When he told me it was an online game without a subscription I was sold. I'd really enjoyed Ultima Online but the subscription model didn't suit me at all so I thought I'd have to give up on MMOs.

I got the game just after Factions came out, but started with Prophecies because I was told that was the first one. And I've been here pretty much ever since. I pre-purchased GW2 which was very unusual for me, but everything I'd heard about it made it sound like a game I'd really enjoy and it certainly lived up to my expectations.

I think people are right that the design of the game encourages the community to be more cooperative. The fact that there are very few times in PvE when another person being around is a bad thing (and often it's good for you) and you're encouraged to do things like revive dead strangers I think gets people into the mindset of helping each other out.

But I also like the design of the game as a whole. I always feel like there's something to do (for me, I realise that doesn't apply to everyone) and stuff to discover in all the maps, even ones I think I've already finished.

I do hope for the sake of employs, players and community within GW2, that this game builds more years to last with more stories to share, content, challenges and more, i've recently introduced it to two friends of mine and i'd feel heartbroken if this game were end so soon, as i have intended to play it for more years with the 4 years i've been in it, i wish it to last long as the game is my world of joy, with great friends, a huge world to explore and discover and a great community who supports each other.

To all Employs at ArenaNet, you have my thanks and heart for all you've brought to us.

> @"XxSnytchellxX.2319" said:

> I do hope for the sake of employs, players and community within GW2, that this game builds more years to last with more stories to share, content, challenges and more, i've recently introduced it to two friends of mine and i'd feel heartbroken if this game were end so soon, as i have intended to play it for more years with the 4 years i've been in it, i wish it to last long as the game is my world of joy, with great friends, a huge world to explore and discover and a great community who supports each other.

>

> To all Employs at ArenaNet, you have my thanks and heart for all you've brought to us.

If the developers stop making stuff today your friends would still have years of play. they still have GW1 open. That said, don't listen to the crazy speculation. And it is just speculation. Play the game, have fun, let the silly players that have no clue what is going on spend there time posting myths. ;)

> @"LostInDarkness.5460" said:

> If the developers stop making stuff today your friends would still have years of play. they still have GW1 open. That said, don't listen to the crazy speculation. And it is just speculation. Play the game, have fun, let the silly players that have no clue what is going on spend there time posting myths. ;)

This assumes that if things really go sour that NCSoft won't just shut it all down. It takes money to at least keep the servers running (and connections to the internet); they might simply decide to use that money elsewhere.

I hope not.