• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > Whoa whoa, the forbidden link happened lol

> >

> > as an EU player - whats the problem with this link ?

>

> Mag lost a lot of it's core a long while back so, what ever kind of drama is going on between BG and Mag right now is probably pretty watered down.

>

> The reason it's a "forbidden link" is because they're kind of the exact same but the exact opposite. BG tries very hard to win and looks for fights based on defense. While Mag tries very hard not to care about winning and looks for fights on offense. I get the feeling there will be a lot of complaining from both sides about ignoring scouts or not letting objectives flip, etc. but Mag probably won't have much of a presence unless they get a lot of transfers. Which I'm kind of anticipating tbh. May see a slight resurgence in their activity. As a former Maguuman I'd love to see everyone back on the same server together but, I don't think it'll ever be the same again.

Thank You :)

ANET want to create a new BG in EU as well, Deso is their choice, they lost only 1 MU in last relink (it was hell to beat them up in this MU) they still getting fat links xD

T1 Piken have got FoW and now they are at the beginning of their last tier journey xD Wake up ANET see what is going on in your own game.

> @"Bristingr.5034" said:

> Any chance we can get a re-roll for TC? We have a lot of toxicity from several players and we're concerned it'll turn away the influx of new and casual players that we'll get this week... permanently.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mag is pretty dead these days, it's a shell of it's former self, the fact that it got linked with bg probably means it's also the lowest population now. So I wouldn't really expect the fireworks of old in chat as a lot of the toxic players have left, although I would expect some kdr jokes to pop up. Having spent the past couple weeks with bg I can say that they're on a more normal level now, not that many guilds and are small in size on average of 15 or so. What gets them wins is they take 1-2 keeps from each enemy and hold them for long periods of time, and they have people that will scout, repair, siege, and come defend something if needed, team chat always had calls for defense from all 4 maps. Even then they only manage 1 queue a night, either ebg or whatever map cookie was on.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > Entertaining.

> >

> > Post some screenies on Reddit please? ^^

>

> It’s more a race from the other servers for third. It’s kinda funny.

Except it's sad. And another 2 months of tier 1 being the worst tier in the game.

> @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > Entertaining.

> > >

> > > Post some screenies on Reddit please? ^^

> >

> > It’s more a race from the other servers for third. It’s kinda funny.

>

> Except it's sad. And another 2 months of tier 1 being the worst tier in the game.

No. It’s funny that people Won’t find some way to have fun despite the odds. I guess people really feel that winning IS important .

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > Entertaining.

> > > >

> > > > Post some screenies on Reddit please? ^^

> > >

> > > It’s more a race from the other servers for third. It’s kinda funny.

> >

> > Except it's sad. And another 2 months of tier 1 being the worst tier in the game.

>

> No. It’s funny that people Won’t find some way to have fun despite the odds. I guess people really feel that winning IS important .

lol. imo it’s not about winning. It’s about being blobbed when you’re running with a simple group of even 5-10 players. They won’t fight even numbers period. They will make a callout and engage you once they know they can run you over.

This isn’t conjecture, it’s pure and simple experience with BG.

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Jura.2170" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > Entertaining.

> > > > >

> > > > > Post some screenies on Reddit please? ^^

> > > >

> > > > It’s more a race from the other servers for third. It’s kinda funny.

> > >

> > > Except it's sad. And another 2 months of tier 1 being the worst tier in the game.

> >

> > No. It’s funny that people Won’t find some way to have fun despite the odds. I guess people really feel that winning IS important .

>

> lol. imo it’s not about winning. It’s about being blobbed when you’re running with a simple group of even 5-10 players. They won’t fight even numbers period. They will make a callout and engage you once they know they can run you over.

>

> This isn’t conjecture, it’s pure and simple experience with BG.

I love the memes..

Again, tag out. It’s all good.

The good thing about rotating in links is that people have seen the outnumbered maps for themselves. People think BG makes it up. SMH.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Mag is pretty dead these days, it's a shell of it's former self, the fact that it got linked with bg probably means it's also the lowest population now. So I wouldn't really expect the fireworks of old in chat as a lot of the toxic players have left, although I would expect some kdr jokes to pop up. Having spent the past couple weeks with bg I can say that they're on a more normal level now, not that many guilds and are small in size on average of 15 or so. What gets them wins is they take 1-2 keeps from each enemy and hold them for long periods of time, and they have people that will scout, repair, siege, and come defend something if needed, team chat always had calls for defense from all 4 maps. Even then they only manage 1 queue a night, either ebg or whatever map cookie was on.

>

>

Bullkitten. BG always has at least 2 maps queued at all times. Otherwise, teams would be able to pull them off of EBG or force them to split their forces between maps. BG just has too many members and it's caused an imbalance in match-ups. Why else do you think nobody wants to move up to T1 and fight them? Servers actually shut down on Wednesday if they're in the lead on T2 to try and tank to avoid moving up. If servers are in T1, they just don't play. It's not fun for anybody. BG doesn't get their fights, and the other servers don't get to play the mode without being blobbed to death.

Anet needs to fix this issue.

> @"Sin.4130" said:

> ANET want to create a new BG in EU as well, Deso is their choice, they lost only 1 MU in last relink (it was hell to beat them up in this MU) they still getting fat links xD

>

> T1 Piken have got FoW and now they are at the beginning of their last tier journey xD Wake up ANET see what is going on in your own game.

you do realise eu WvW is rigged by 3 servers?

nobody should care about winning a matchup, and nobody that plays more WvW than PvE or PvP does

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > Mag is pretty dead these days, it's a shell of it's former self, the fact that it got linked with bg probably means it's also the lowest population now. So I wouldn't really expect the fireworks of old in chat as a lot of the toxic players have left, although I would expect some kdr jokes to pop up. Having spent the past couple weeks with bg I can say that they're on a more normal level now, not that many guilds and are small in size on average of 15 or so. What gets them wins is they take 1-2 keeps from each enemy and hold them for long periods of time, and they have people that will scout, repair, siege, and come defend something if needed, team chat always had calls for defense from all 4 maps. Even then they only manage 1 queue a night, either ebg or whatever map cookie was on.

> >

> >

>

> Bullkitten. BG always has at least 2 maps queued at all times. Otherwise, teams would be able to pull them off of EBG or force them to split their forces between maps. BG just has too many members and it's caused an imbalance in match-ups. Why else do you think nobody wants to move up to T1 and fight them? Servers actually shut down on Wednesday if they're in the lead on T2 to try and tank to avoid moving up. If servers are in T1, they just don't play. It's not fun for anybody. BG doesn't get their fights, and the other servers don't get to play the mode without being blobbed to death.

>

> Anet needs to fix this issue.

As FC member and ran with yb T1 last matchup for 5weeks this was the average matchup against bg(score analyses not in map):

1 primetime, their group is good and pretty solid, always capable of pulling off nearly best OR best kdr. Heard they avoided some better fight guilds we had to fight some weaker guilds. But who wouldnt?

2 ocx they running pretty fat with a good group and havock group. Even some dedication ppt's on dessert bl(this is first advantage) which are mostly capable of getting fire to t3 since lack of resistance

3 Then aus timezones Comes up' and most of the time the other team either backcaps or starts to tank (wont callout names but from the 4 servers we faced 2 backedcapped of which 1 semi tanked and the other 2 servers Just tanked IT out unfortunately).

4 the sea has a good fighting mapblob (you barely see Them with less Then 35 reguarly on 40+). Which can be challanging because this is a weak spot for almost All servers, i Think only kaineng could match this sea currently.

Basicly they had 3 timezones (3hrs/timezones) on which they had at least 1 fight advantage and probably a ppt advantage

On this point they will get some ppy dedicated havock groups and 2 commanders on crippling timezones (sea end mostly 3 gmt and EU mostly starts at5. And ends around 8-9gmt. Bg has decent commanders and guilds running on the crippling hours

On the off hours they Will probably have more people, they dedicated to ppt so they'll tick 200 during EU Day

They own alot, so they only need to backcaps(respond advantage) and respond to callout because they hit a low tier wall

They.fighters when the enemy have advantage and ktrain when the enemy need breathing space

Most servers/dayguilds tank out against Them because they have to Worry about attack gaps and backcaps.

They good at defending i give Them that..

Like i said: they only have to be occupied by 1 server.

The fact they won 90% of the skirmishes is proove they dont need a pairing and Will be allright on their own. And to be fair, alot of people are still able to transfer to mag at the moment..it's good for mag, good for the ego and goal of bg (win at any cost) but bad for the 4 servers in T1

If mag gains a few good pugs

I think you better of t3-t4 na currently

> @"funassistant.6589" said:

> > @"Sin.4130" said:

> > ANET want to create a new BG in EU as well, Deso is their choice, they lost only 1 MU in last relink (it was hell to beat them up in this MU) they still getting fat links xD

> >

> > T1 Piken have got FoW and now they are at the beginning of their last tier journey xD Wake up ANET see what is going on in your own game.

>

> you do realise eu WvW is rigged by 3 servers?

> nobody should care about winning a matchup

Sounds like loser song. EU is far from NA state with cancer called BG but feeding Desolation server will end up the same situation. Still in EU any server can be beaten (depends on link), there are some "fighting servers" but they will end up like Maguuma, empty, pitiful link, because www is not about running in full blob all the time and feel like a god for few monents.

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > Mag is pretty dead these days, it's a shell of it's former self, the fact that it got linked with bg probably means it's also the lowest population now. So I wouldn't really expect the fireworks of old in chat as a lot of the toxic players have left, although I would expect some kdr jokes to pop up. Having spent the past couple weeks with bg I can say that they're on a more normal level now, not that many guilds and are small in size on average of 15 or so. What gets them wins is they take 1-2 keeps from each enemy and hold them for long periods of time, and they have people that will scout, repair, siege, and come defend something if needed, team chat always had calls for defense from all 4 maps. Even then they only manage 1 queue a night, either ebg or whatever map cookie was on.

> >

> >

>

> Bullkitten. BG always has at least 2 maps queued at all times. Otherwise, teams would be able to pull them off of EBG or force them to split their forces between maps. BG just has too many members and it's caused an imbalance in match-ups. Why else do you think nobody wants to move up to T1 and fight them? Servers actually shut down on Wednesday if they're in the lead on T2 to try and tank to avoid moving up. If servers are in T1, they just don't play. It's not fun for anybody. BG doesn't get their fights, and the other servers don't get to play the mode without being blobbed to death.

>

> Anet needs to fix this issue.

2 maps queued at all times, no, that right there is bullkitten.

BG does have coverage and enough scouts and defenders to make it seem like they have multiple maps queued, but that's an illusion. Like I said they had defense calls on 4 maps going on often and people responding and back capping quickly. If you don't take your keeps back you lose points and the skirmish, it's that simple. Yes you can split their forces, YB/FC did it often in trying to get smc or their hills back, or vr or exa would take a map blob and just brute force their way through. There are many times ebg went outnumbered because everyone went to defend something like firekeep, sure as hell wouldn't have seen that on a server like maguuma, in fact I think bg might be the number one server lover of the desert bl.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"Bristingr.5034" said:

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > Mag is pretty dead these days, it's a shell of it's former self, the fact that it got linked with bg probably means it's also the lowest population now. So I wouldn't really expect the fireworks of old in chat as a lot of the toxic players have left, although I would expect some kdr jokes to pop up. Having spent the past couple weeks with bg I can say that they're on a more normal level now, not that many guilds and are small in size on average of 15 or so. What gets them wins is they take 1-2 keeps from each enemy and hold them for long periods of time, and they have people that will scout, repair, siege, and come defend something if needed, team chat always had calls for defense from all 4 maps. Even then they only manage 1 queue a night, either ebg or whatever map cookie was on.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Bullkitten. BG always has at least 2 maps queued at all times. Otherwise, teams would be able to pull them off of EBG or force them to split their forces between maps. BG just has too many members and it's caused an imbalance in match-ups. Why else do you think nobody wants to move up to T1 and fight them? Servers actually shut down on Wednesday if they're in the lead on T2 to try and tank to avoid moving up. If servers are in T1, they just don't play. It's not fun for anybody. BG doesn't get their fights, and the other servers don't get to play the mode without being blobbed to death.

> >

> > Anet needs to fix this issue.

>

> **2 maps queued at all times, no**, that right there is bullkitten.

> BG does have coverage and enough scouts and defenders to make it seem like they have multiple maps queued, but that's an illusion. Like I said they had defense calls on 4 maps going on often and people responding and back capping quickly. If you don't take your keeps back you lose points and the skirmish, it's that simple. Yes you can split their forces, YB/FC did it often in trying to get smc or their hills back, or vr or exa would take a map blob and just brute force their way through. There are many times ebg went outnumbered because everyone went to defend something like firekeep, sure as hell wouldn't have seen that on a server like maguuma, in fact I think bg might be the number one server lover of the desert bl.

People won’t listen Xen. I gave up trying to explain that.

It’s been coverage for years.

Maybe the links aren't about BG, but about building up dimished guest servers population wise and "fighting skill" wise. ET for example has been paired with BG on 2 of the servers 3 linking's in 3 years, not to mention they've had some pretty good pair rolls in between, yet, ETs population has never exploded enough to move in to host position like many guest's that were previously around them in rankings have. I can't really explain the reason behind Mag, since they were a host up until last year it seems a little unfair to other servers in the bottom who've paid the guest dues and are still stuck where they're stuck. But, still I feel it's less about what BG needs and more about what their influence can provide.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > As a former Mag player, I find the link with BG hilarious due to the old hatred between the servers. It would be that much funnier if Mag hadn't lost 95% of the players that made that rivalry a thing.

>

> Well, since a large part of them infected Kaineng, could you take them back?

Why are you so nostalgic for being on a backwater link server with no entertainment in /t or /m? I don't understand the appeal.