Balance Patch

tippolit.3591

> @"Terc.5736" said:

> I'm a little confused here. Revenue is dropping , you are having lay-offs , and the first thing you do is kitten off consumers that have been waiting for a balance patch and

> Warclaw. Cause and effect!

That was my first reaction as well. I for one, will not support ANY game associated with NCSoft if they spoil my experience with this one. Not a good way to improve their financial posture if a large enough segment of the community feels the same.

> @"Terc.5736" said:

> I'm a little confused here. Revenue is dropping , you are having lay-offs , and the first thing you do is kitten off consumers that have been waiting for a balance patch and Warclaw. Cause and effect!

* The reason for the layoffs isn't ANet revenue; it's NCSOFT overall not meeting shareholder expectations.

* Regardless, no work is getting done right now; ANet is dealing with the immediate issue of figuring out who and how to make it work within NCSOFT's demands.

* Accordingly, anything scheduled for this week is getting pushed back.

Another week really isn't going to matter that much, especially since we can guarantee that whatever is in the balance patch isn't going to please everyone.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Terc.5736" said:

> > I'm a little confused here. Revenue is dropping , you are having lay-offs , and the first thing you do is kitten off consumers that have been waiting for a balance patch and Warclaw. Cause and effect!

>

> * The reason for the layoffs isn't ANet revenue; it's NCSOFT overall not meeting shareholder expectations.

> * Regardless, no work is getting done right now; ANet is dealing with the immediate issue of figuring out who and how to make it work within NCSOFT's demands.

> * Accordingly, anything scheduled for this week is getting pushed back.

>

> Another week really isn't going to matter that much, especially since we can guarantee that whatever is in the balance patch isn't going to please everyone.

I'm just quoting NCSoft's own memo. Remind me next time GM announces layoffs and then proceeds to stop selling cars, or doing customer service on their product.

I don't mind if they postpone any real activities for a full month from now. What I have seen tonight is enough to keep them busy for some time. Getting back on their feet, clearing the mind and being able to continue work will take some time. Most of us are adults. Some of us have an idea how long the inner-blockade takes to go down, from personal experience. Although I hope we are the minority here.

I am sorry for all the staff members who had to leave or volunteered to leave. Everyone contributed their part to make this game a wonderful experience for everyone. I understand that people are sad and even angry. You have a right to be sad, a right to be angry and disappointed.

But, GW2 is a game, a product. The remaining staff members do their job to feed their families. And NCSoft wants to make money. So this is not the end of everything. After some time of silence and review, of sadness and disappointment, things will go on again. It will take some time, probably some smaller steps at first, but it will go on.

Just have some patience. Give the staff and the community some time to rest and recover.

> @"Terc.5736" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Terc.5736" said:

> > > I'm a little confused here. Revenue is dropping , you are having lay-offs , and the first thing you do is kitten off consumers that have been waiting for a balance patch and Warclaw. Cause and effect!

> >

> > * The reason for the layoffs isn't ANet revenue; it's NCSOFT overall not meeting shareholder expectations.

> > * Regardless, no work is getting done right now; ANet is dealing with the immediate issue of figuring out who and how to make it work within NCSOFT's demands.

> > * Accordingly, anything scheduled for this week is getting pushed back.

> >

> > Another week really isn't going to matter that much, especially since we can guarantee that whatever is in the balance patch isn't going to please everyone.

>

> I'm just quoting NCSoft's own memo. Remind me next time GM announces layoffs and then proceeds to stop selling cars, or doing customer service on their product.

Are you seriously that daft?

ArenaNet lost 25% of its employees today. 25%. And the patch is only going to be 1 week late. How fucking selfish can you be that you are bitching over a 1 week waiting period for a patch, when ArenaNet is closed tomorrow to deal with the layoffs they didn't even know were happening? Jesus man, have some goddamn perspective.