Gaile Will be Missed.

Strider Pj.2193

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > Alliance & that new WvW revamp they were working on is scrapped!

> > In case you guys was wondering what was trashed with the layoffs.

> > So basically WvW is as is.

> > Have fun guys.

>

> SMH..

>

> Gotta love those that will spread misinformation when there is turmoil.

I will apologize if i'm wrong. But let's wait & see if it turns out to be miss information.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > Alliance & that new WvW revamp they were working on is scrapped!

> > > In case you guys was wondering what was trashed with the layoffs.

> > > So basically WvW is as is.

> > > Have fun guys.

> >

> > SMH..

> >

> > Gotta love those that will spread misinformation when there is turmoil.

>

> I will apologize if i'm wrong. But let's wait & see if it turns out to be miss information.

There are many threads to post your speculation in.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > Alliance & that new WvW revamp they were working on is scrapped!

> > > In case you guys was wondering what was trashed with the layoffs.

> > > So basically WvW is as is.

> > > Have fun guys.

> >

> > SMH..

> >

> > Gotta love those that will spread misinformation when there is turmoil.

>

> I will apologize if i'm wrong. **But let's wait & see** if it turns out to be miss information.

yes, wait and see is what you should have done.

> @"CrimsonNeonite.1048" said:

> We already knew the wvw team was pretty small, since they are bringing something, which doesn't fit in wvw in the first place. The wvw content released, has always been small at times, but it must be worse now, since they don't even have a concrete date for the Alliances.

>

I really don't think that's how companies work these days. You don't have a team that works exclusively on wvw or pve or fractals, but you have some lead designers that know how wvw work or how fractals work, etc. If the company plans to release a big pve thing everyone has to contribute and the other development goes into maintenance mode. If they work on something like Alliances there won't be a small wvw team, but everyone who isn't busy otherwise is working on that until that is either done or gets scrapped.

The question important for us wvw players is: Are alliances their priority after the last living story was released - and based on the mount reveal we know they are working on stuff for wvw.

> @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > @"CrimsonNeonite.1048" said:

>

> > We already knew the wvw team was pretty small, since they are bringing something, which doesn't fit in wvw in the first place. The wvw content released, has always been small at times, but it must be worse now, since they don't even have a concrete date for the Alliances.

> >

>

> I really don't think that's how companies work these days. You don't have a team that works exclusively on wvw or pve or fractals, but you have some lead designers that know how wvw work or how fractals work, etc. If the company plans to release a big pve thing everyone has to contribute and the other development goes into maintenance mode. If they work on something like Alliances there won't be a small wvw team, but everyone who isn't busy otherwise is working on that until that is either done or gets scrapped.

> The question important for us wvw players is: Are alliances their priority after the last living story was released - and based on the mount reveal we know they are working on stuff for wvw.

>

>

>

That is NOT how development is done at a company who has good devops managers.

My theory is that Mike O’Brien gave the green light for these side projects in an attempt to strengthen their brand. NCSoft was given a sales pipeline with projected revenue for GW2 and these projects. Once the numbers came in and didn’t even come close to their projected budget, NCSoft told ANet that restructuring will happen. So naturally when you try to hit a monetary budget you cut the fat from the top (highest paid). Gail seems to have been with ANet for many years and I’d imagine she was making well above industry average. Despite what others think, she’s a non-essential employee where GW2 will continue without her. So MO was distraught according to people because his decision ultimately got these people fired. Maybe this is what GW2 needed to sort of reset their thought process. Time will tell.

It’s never good when these layoffs happen but holy hell a lot of people here think this is the first time ever. It’s as if no one has ever worked before. At my company we legit lost all of our dev team (similar fashion here) and guess what, we moved on and are doing extremely well. GW2 still has around 250 employees so people need to relax.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > > @"CrimsonNeonite.1048" said:

> >

> > > We already knew the wvw team was pretty small, since they are bringing something, which doesn't fit in wvw in the first place. The wvw content released, has always been small at times, but it must be worse now, since they don't even have a concrete date for the Alliances.

> > >

> >

> > I really don't think that's how companies work these days. You don't have a team that works exclusively on wvw or pve or fractals, but you have some lead designers that know how wvw work or how fractals work, etc. If the company plans to release a big pve thing everyone has to contribute and the other development goes into maintenance mode. If they work on something like Alliances there won't be a small wvw team, but everyone who isn't busy otherwise is working on that until that is either done or gets scrapped.

> > The question important for us wvw players is: Are alliances their priority after the last living story was released - and based on the mount reveal we know they are working on stuff for wvw.

> >

> >

> >

> That is NOT how development is done at a company who has good devops managers.

>

>

> **My theory is that Mike O’Brien gave the green light for these side projects in an attempt to strengthen their brand. NCSoft was given a sales pipeline with projected revenue for GW2 and these projects. Once the numbers came in and didn’t even come close to their projected budget, NCSoft told ANet that restructuring will happen. So naturally when you try to hit a monetary budget you cut the fat from the top (highest paid). Gail seems to have been with ANet for many years and I’d imagine she was making well above industry average. Despite what others think, she’s a non-essential employee where GW2 will continue without her. So MO was distraught according to people because his decision ultimately got these people fired. Maybe this is what GW2 needed to sort of reset their thought process. Time will tell.

>

> It’s never good when these layoffs happen but holy hell a lot of people here think this is the first time ever. It’s as if no one has ever worked before. At my company we legit lost all of our dev team (similar fashion here) and guess what, we moved on and are doing extremely well. GW2 still has around 250 employees so people need to relax**.

>

>

>

>

Dude, you get it! Also, do not forget that most of these positions will be back filled with people demanding less compensation. The problem with people that how THAT much tenure is their complacency thus the game stagnates (sounds familiar?).

I never liked her, even less after she actually got angry when the forums, including me was asking the devs to be more open during balance changes for reasons why certain things got changed and what direction they wish a class moves towards, or how they see a certain class.

But put that aside obviously losing her job is horrible and I wish her the best

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > Why is the forum nanny WvW's choice of people to bemoan loss of?

> > She wasn't a content creator, she was a content remover..

>

> It sucks either way, but it should be noted that a ~~two~~ notable WvW voice also left (NOT Mckenna, wrong person, but Tyler).

>

> D:

It's stating to seem like cuts across the board regardless of whether that part of the game had 5% dev share or 90%.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > Why is the forum nanny WvW's choice of people to bemoan loss of?

> > > She wasn't a content creator, she was a content remover..

> >

> > It sucks either way, but it should be noted that a ~~two~~ notable WvW voice also left (NOT Mckenna, wrong person, but Tyler).

> >

> > D:

>

> It's stating to seem like cuts across the board regardless of whether that part of the game had 5% dev share or 90%.

>

Wait yes, McKenna did leave. Nvm.

D:

Mc kenna wasn't working on gw2 since February 2018 according to linkedin, also i only remember bad ideas coming from her. I rather have 100 ben and raymonds than her.

Also gaile gone means there might be a chance that posts that aren't fluff or anet praise will be allowed now.

Don't forget that for years we had to use an external forum for wvw because of extreme censorship

> @"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:

>

>

> Also gaile gone means there might be a chance that posts that aren't fluff or anet praise will be allowed now.

>

> Don't forget that for years we had to use an external forum for wvw because of extreme censorship

> @"MarkoGold.7126" said:

> I have to say gaile being fired is the best news i seen in this game in a while, one less toxic kitten going nuts on forum moderation, you just made me buy your future extension.

I can see where that would be the belief. She was the only public face of moderation. The other moderators are faceless.

And really look at the moderation history: things get moderated because they are reported. In the cases where I ‘appealed’ the decision, Gaile Overturned them.

That being said, time will tell. Personally I think it will get more heavy handed unless the players stop having such a thin skin,