Update From the Guild Wars 2 Team

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank u so much for the update, stay strong and I hope u guys will continue to develop the game and always keep us in mind as your community team members and all of us here will continue to represent ArenaNet and Guild Wars everyday for the rest of our lives we love u guys

Godspeed

Bears

Bears Man.4896 (IGN)

Greetings! Thanks you very much for the update, Míster Z, very appreciate your communication effort.

I really love this game, and i want to say Thanks You to all persons working on it, now and in past, and to all nice players too.

I understand we are in hard times and i wish the very best to departing people and to standing staff too.

Thanks you, good luck and see you in game.

Thank you for keeping the fire burning. I am saddened to see that the Anet had to undergo these difficult times but, and this may be selfish to say on my part, I am relieved to see that your devotion to your work is still so great, which is really inspiring. Your love for the game is reflected in the content that you release to us. I hope that Anet will pull through this and I wish all of the best to the members of staff that have moved on.

All the best.

Man i feel bad for the people who lost their jobs., on the other hand this worries me a lot. I'm gonna be honest i don't like NCsoft Guild Wars 2 is the only game i play or will play by them. I just hope this isn't a push to try and make areanent a mobile focused company.I hope we get to see some of these games as well that were unannounced.

As someone who recently (about three months ago) went through much the same thing (my company was liquidated), I appreciate what all of you are going through. It is very difficult losing co-workers who are friends, almost like family really, after working with them for many years. I pray that all of you find peace and fulfillment wherever you find yourselves, whether you remain at Arenanet or are moving on.

Would be nice to stay focus on the 'main' story of Guild Wars. The 5 dragons and wars game playing for Guilds like the ones we had in GW1. 12 or 15 players or more (whatever the amount of players it can be) on every server the guilds are on. World vs World is not guild vs guild to me. And to follow the storyline as it should be. I felt a little lost after doing Briar's war. So what next? Than we have the special event of the Winds, ok so What next? It's too confusing to what ever has to come next. At the beginning of GW2 when exploring, you stumble upon Gwenn tombs, would of been nice to have the descendant of all those HEROES OF GUILD WARS 1 into Guild Wars 2 after 200 years and have their legacy continuing on.

I hope that the planned restructuring has a positive effect on the development of the game. I also hope that the merge of the publishing divions leads to a better.

Maybe there was too much freedom in the development process in the past.

Do not sit around sad and do not fall into the same old rhythm. Let your dissatisfaction and anger now flow into the game. Emotions can be an incentive for great new content. Maybe one more big journey for the game will start again.

Just to offer a countering viewpoint from someone who doesn't want an angrier game: what Arenanet has always excelled in is the little touches of magic that make the world of Tyria come alive--unexpected treasures like caves full of baby quaggans and banjo-playing froggies in the treetops, overheard conversations and dancing with choyas. Little things that remind us that however harsh and violent and cruel the world is, there are untouched moments of joy and beauty.

The people who have left were part of creating this world, and they will be missed deeply, and I hope they can bring their special talents to create even more wonders in their future roles. I know the remaining employees will be able to move beyond these hard and depressing events, and remember that in the real world, just as in Tyria, there are moments of wonder, joy and amazement even at the worst of times.

> @"Excalibur.7685" said:

> At the beginning of GW2 when exploring, you stumble upon Gwenn tombs, would of been nice to have the descendant of all those HEROES OF GUILD WARS 1 into Guild Wars 2 after 200 years and have their legacy continuing on.

A lot of the heroes that you mention lineage was killed off but some then do exist and have brought up several times in GW2 story story. But that has nothing to do with this topic, imo. This post would be better off in the lore section.

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> You know, you can probably unstick this topic. The layoffs happened a few weeks ago, people have kind of moved on.

Only if they re-stick the utility topics like the Gemstore daily thread, the suggestion threads, and the forum FAQ thread(s). I know they are busy busy busy, but unless something is very strange with the software permissions whoever stickied this thread should be able to pin the others inside of five minutes. I am sure a list of the previously stickied threads can be generated, with links, by one of the many helpful players (I am willing to contribute to such a thread if needed, but would prefer to have an ANet person post "looking for list" first so the list doesn't just sink in the forums) and then the ANet person just needs to quick-check those on the list to make sure they are valid for sticky status and click the thing to stick them.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"GrimReaper.3865" said:

> > Its 5 March on my country

> >

> > will you change your mind about adding new race?

>

> [Latest thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71634/new-race#latest "Latest thread") (of many - please use forum search feature)

But yet, you pulled up a post from 14 days ago to say that?

> @"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:

> One month later, no further news about our future but maybe we'll get it here https://www.e3expo.com/ Arena Net is on the docket and their motto is "Three days of innovative new technologies and never- before- seen products"....we can hope it means expack 3!

I'm trying to find the actual schedule there, I see ANet listed as a participating company but nothing about the content of ANet's panel. While searching I realized you were quoting a part of the overall E3 theme, not anything specific to ANet. I also noted that this is not a convention for fans as such. I wouldn't hope too hard for expansion news -- as I recall, the last time the forums noticed ANet going to E3 it was so they could have some private conference room meetings with industry professionals to network marketing drives or something similar.