Arenanet needs money GW2 needs a mall.

If Arenanet and Ncsoft need money I would suggest they create a GW2 mall instead of just a trading post. Let us decide what we want to buy and when instead of the random "here is what we are allowing you to buy this week" items. If they had a "mall" type area where you could see everything , that was ever available in GW2 and purchase price, or all options to buy whether it be Gems, gold, tokens, or game play. This would allow all of us to purchase more items, collectables, skins etc and generate more income for the company. If you limit what we can purchase you limit your income. Open it up so we can shop!!!!

> @"Angel Silverstar.1038" said:

> If Arenanet and Ncsoft need money I would suggest they create a GW2 mall instead of just a trading post. Let us decide what we want to buy and when instead of the random "here is what we are allowing you to buy this week" items. If they had a "mall" type area where you could see everything , that was ever available in GW2 and purchase price, or all options to buy whether it be Gems, gold, tokens, or game play. This would allow all of us to purchase more items, collectables, skins etc and generate more income for the company. If you limit what we can purchase you limit your income. Open it up so we can shop!!!!

It wont tho since then you dont have the urgency, I have to buy it now since who knows when it comes to the store next.

hmm that could be really cool but probably more trouble than worth. I’d probably buy a little more but for all the work of providing the immersion of a market (seriously though I’d kill to walk around and actually shop in DR markets), I can’t imagine it being worth their time

I wonder if it could be like gems. Things are always available, but randomly cycle into an 'on-sale' status with a 25% discount or something. Thus, if someone really wants whatever skin, they can always buy it. If they are on the fence, that sale may push them to buy it before it goes back to full price.

it doesn't need money. it needs players that (may) pay. don't assume that a.net is all about the money. coz from 2k5~now, it was clear that a.net is not all about the money.

and that, i think, is the reason why other games died and Guild Wars 1 is still playable. And to add, GW2 also.

A GW2 mall-equivalent could be interesting, provided that it includes several new sections (like storefronts) each stocked with a wide selection of skins, convenience items, etc. There could be an equivalent of a food court that sells consumables, and there could be a game store that sells a variety of toy and novelty items, etc. Stores similar to Eddie Bauer or Dick's might carry adventuring outfits. There could be store called Over Armour that sells armor skins. Of course no mall would be complete without an equivalent of Victoria's Secret selling a wide variety of seductive outfits or skins, and perhaps even replacements for the character's default undergarments.

> @"Kirin.7306" said:

> They make loads of money. more than enough. why do they need billions/year?

Because NCsoft is a publicly traded company and in those the shareholders demand constant growth which practically means just profits aren't enough, we want it all. Of course this rushed pace eventually leads to unsustainable growth and the bubble bursts but by then they will have moved to the next trendy industry with their pockets full.