Pls fix your bikini armor

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> I find the huge disparity between the male and female versions of Phalanx armour really weird - it's not that the female version is more revealing, but that the two don't have any design elements in common whatsoever. It would make much more sense to me for this to have been two armour sets: one with the male version and a stylistically similar female version, one with the female version and a stylistically similar male version. Other armour sets with major gender differences usually have some stylistic or thematic link between the two.

>

> As for realism, neither the male nor female version is realistic - they're just unrealistic in different ways!

>

> > @"Ayumu.7540" said:

> > To be fair with the design, they have improved A LOT recently(gw240)

>

> I'm not sure why you've used Primeval armour as an example of the designs improving recently - it's been in the game since launch, and was [in GW1](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_Primeval_armor "in GW1") before that! That probably makes it the third oldest armour design in the game (after Krytan and Profane).

True male would be impossible to fight in if you look on pauldrons and not to talk about weight

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title reminds of a scene from Robin Hood: Men in Tights, where the eponymous men disguise as maidens, using fruits to simulate feminine anatomy. Specifically, it references the line suggesting that one's fruits may require an adjustment to be an effective disguise.

I dont have a problem with sexy armor, but it needs to go both ways. If a male norn wants to run around in a loin cloth that should be his choice. My point was that some armors that have fantastic detail and look like something that would fit a necro or w/e class, looks completely different on a female. Its very disappointing, i really wanted that witches outfit till i saw the female version. Im not against the female version per say, i would just like to have the choice if i wanted the male version look on my female. As it stands i wont buy it.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > You for some reason assume armor is produced per customer's request in this case

> Nah, you were the one that brought RL reasoning into the discussion. If you think that things like bulkiness, strength, etc do matter enough to make females use completely different armor types than males, then build differences between different people would also matter enough to warrant personal fitting of any heavier armor.

>

> By the way, if armor wasn't produced by customer request, there's all the more reason for both genders to use the same unisex armor.

>

> > Majority of armors (except, mb, Legendaries) are mass-produced, and thus are generalized and made suitable for an "average" man and woman.

> Again, if they truly were, we'd have unisex armor.

>

> > And are subjects to cultural legacy to meet tastes of very diverse audience to boot, as well (and as in our culture dress is considered a woman's outfit, mostly, same can be for armors in this fantasy world, like, there can be certain armor exterior designs which, historically, are considered to be more "feminine"

> Ah, yeah. So, you're saying that in this world armor usefulness takes second seat to artistic value. Well, that would explain why Ascalon lost to Charr (the race that apparently has opposite priorities). It was because the ascalon army was wearing decorative armor, while Charr were using actual combat ones.[/sarcasm]

>

> > men wishing to wear an armor considered "for woman" are at bad spot, and vice versa; they need to improvise or find somebody ready to produce armor that matches their tastes).

> You mean they can't simply buy the set for opposite gender, because, for some weird reason, everyone will refuse to sell them one? Yeah, right. That's some logic you have here.

>

> > And who are we, to judge this rich, diverse foreign culture for their cultural differences, after all, even if those seem nonsensical to our uneducated, xenophobic eyes? Let's not be toxic bigots here ;) If women there like to wear their armor burkas, we don't have any right to intervene. I mean, it's all about diversity, right?

> Diversity usually means there is a choice. I have never heard the word to be used to describe a situation where there isn't a choice.

>

> Seriously, if you need to think of such convoluted explanations to back up your arguments, it's usually a good sign your position is not very defensible.

>

>

There is a whole wardrobe full of choice. You are not pinned down to the base look of a set if you don't like it, but want to use the set.

I loooooooove the way the Phalanx armor skin looks. Thankfully, I am a person who likes to play male characters. If I preferred to play female characters, I'd be bummed to know that the helm isn't available to me. People are getting lost in the delivery of OP's point, but I do agree with it. I think shoulders and helm pieces have the most noticeable accents and they're what makes armor sets the most iconic. Some pieces can be substituted for a female to replicate the male look but in the case of the phalanx helm, the shapes are nothing alike.

Also why tf would anyone bring up anatomy / physiology? lol ya'll forget this game got magic or wut?