new mount is too fast. Change My Mind

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reducing the number of dodges highly depends on the use case. If you're chasing a mesmer who doesn't happen to have a mount yet you still may need 3 dodges as they are the hardest to catch, often much harder than a thief (lol).

More testing needs to be run.

#We need a PTS!

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Look, ANET went to the trouble of explicitly stating that they made a WvW mount so they could tweak/change it at will without impacting PvE. They have already changed the damage and AoE cap on the mount's maul attack. If the speed also presents a problem, ANET will modify that too.

>

>

They also said it was purposefully made 'slow'. Lmao.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > Look, ANET went to the trouble of explicitly stating that they made a WvW mount so they could tweak/change it at will without impacting PvE. They have already changed the damage and AoE cap on the mount's maul attack. If the speed also presents a problem, ANET will modify that too.

> >

> >

>

> They also said it was purposefully made 'slow'. Lmao.

It also looked slower in the showcase stream to me too, no idea if it was, but it just seems way way faster at release.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > Look, ANET went to the trouble of explicitly stating that they made a WvW mount so they could tweak/change it at will without impacting PvE. They have already changed the damage and AoE cap on the mount's maul attack. If the speed also presents a problem, ANET will modify that too.

> >

> >

>

> They also said it was purposefully made 'slow'. Lmao.

Well according to the wiki, in enemy territory the mount is slower than moving with swiftness boon, unless you count the 3 leaps you get which brings it up to just a bit faster than swiftness.. The mount is only really faster on friendly territory, and that it doesn't slow if you're in combat.

> @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> I enjoy not having to cripple around all the time because one platinum invader thief is too bad to kill me but jumps me 20 times. Leave it as it is. Thanks.

So we should leave it as it is because you failed to kill a thief in 20 of his attempts while he plays what is the worst 1v1 spec in the game. Gotttttttt ittttttt.

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > Look, ANET went to the trouble of explicitly stating that they made a WvW mount so they could tweak/change it at will without impacting PvE. They have already changed the damage and AoE cap on the mount's maul attack. If the speed also presents a problem, ANET will modify that too.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > They also said it was purposefully made 'slow'. Lmao.

>

> Well according to the wiki, in enemy territory the mount is slower than moving with swiftness boon, unless you count the 3 leaps you get which brings it up to just a bit faster than swiftness.. The mount is only really faster on friendly territory, and that it doesn't slow if you're in combat.

That is false and was proven to be false.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

>

> Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> >

> > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

>

> Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

>

> Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

But prior to the mount patch, several specs could do just that, with some not having to sacrifice too much in the damage or defenses department. Interestingly enough those few classes were usually the ones people chose to roam with. Now that the ability is afforded to everyone, it's a bit late to object to that strategy.

> > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> >

> > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

>

> But prior to the mount patch, several specs could do just that, with some not having to sacrifice too much in the damage or defenses department. Interestingly enough those few classes were usually the ones people chose to roam with. Now that the ability is afforded to everyone, it's a bit late to object to that strategy.

Name one that didn't sacrifice things in the defensive department. I can think of...... soulbeast and that might be a stretch. Since without mobility it just gets destroyed up close. Unless we're talking about boonbeast.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > Look, ANET went to the trouble of explicitly stating that they made a WvW mount so they could tweak/change it at will without impacting PvE. They have already changed the damage and AoE cap on the mount's maul attack. If the speed also presents a problem, ANET will modify that too.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > They also said it was purposefully made 'slow'. Lmao.

> >

> > Well according to the wiki, in enemy territory the mount is slower than moving with swiftness boon, unless you count the 3 leaps you get which brings it up to just a bit faster than swiftness.. The mount is only really faster on friendly territory, and that it doesn't slow if you're in combat.

>

> That is false and was proven to be false.

Source?

Because @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" compiled info/links on this thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/70622/warclaw-speeds-in-wvw-reddit-data-from-thebandicoot#latest

And I'd need more substance than a simple "no it's not"

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > >

> > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> >

> > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

>

> Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > > >

> > > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> > >

> > > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> >

> > Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

>

> So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

>

> Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

>

> Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

Dude I already looked for outnumbereds. I dont want to fight any of you 1v1. I wanted to fight you guys 1v2. Or 1v3. Yeah I'd lose a lot. Already did, but it was fun. And my counter to getting jumped out of stealth is to have decent reactions. Nothing can permastealth that i know of as of the most recent patch. You're missing the point entirely. You should not be free to avoid conflict at will to play the game mode how you want. Conflict should be a core part of the game mode and not just the conflict you're lookign for. Trust me when I say I dont look for zergs to run me over, but man did it happen. It will continue to happen, but it will no longer happen that I have a fun fight with 3 people on their way to an objective because they'll just leap 3 times and theyre riding off into the sunset. Back to die to 14k hammer hits before they run here and say its a good change bc all roaming builds were cheesy. See the irony here?

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > >

> > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> >

> > But prior to the mount patch, several specs could do just that, with some not having to sacrifice too much in the damage or defenses department. Interestingly enough those few classes were usually the ones people chose to roam with. Now that the ability is afforded to everyone, it's a bit late to object to that strategy.

>

> Name one that didn't sacrifice things in the defensive department. I can think of...... soulbeast and that might be a stretch. Since without mobility it just gets destroyed up close. Unless we're talking about boonbeast.

Condi Mirage + Holosmith both come to mind (in addition to Soulbeast you mentioned) and if you mean to tell me they sacrificed offensive/defensive utility for mobility, I'd hate to see what they could do in full offense mode. Deadeye of course, like most thief builds, suffered in the defensive department, but until recently they basically chose whether there was going to be a fight or not, and/or whether to reset/flee.

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > Look, ANET went to the trouble of explicitly stating that they made a WvW mount so they could tweak/change it at will without impacting PvE. They have already changed the damage and AoE cap on the mount's maul attack. If the speed also presents a problem, ANET will modify that too.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They also said it was purposefully made 'slow'. Lmao.

> > >

> > > Well according to the wiki, in enemy territory the mount is slower than moving with swiftness boon, unless you count the 3 leaps you get which brings it up to just a bit faster than swiftness.. The mount is only really faster on friendly territory, and that it doesn't slow if you're in combat.

> >

> > That is false and was proven to be false.

>

> Source?

>

> Because @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" compiled info/links on this thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/70622/warclaw-speeds-in-wvw-reddit-data-from-thebandicoot#latest

>

> And I'd need more substance than a simple "no it's not"

>

Uh.... did you read that? No offense. My source would be that 453 > 390. Right? Am I looking at this wrong?

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> > > >

> > > > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> > >

> > > Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

> >

> > So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

> >

> > Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

> >

> > Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

>

> Dude I already looked for outnumbereds. I dont want to fight any of you 1v1. I wanted to fight you guys 1v2. Or 1v3. Yeah I'd lose a lot. Already did, but it was fun. And my counter to getting jumped out of stealth is to have decent reactions. Nothing can permastealth that i know of as of the most recent patch. You're missing the point entirely. You should not be free to avoid conflict at will to play the game mode how you want. Conflict should be a core part of the game mode and not just the conflict you're lookign for. Trust me when I say I dont look for zergs to run me over, but man did it happen. It will continue to happen, but it will no longer happen that I have a fun fight with 3 people on their way to an objective because they'll just leap 3 times and theyre riding off into the sunset. Back to die to 14k hammer hits before they run here and say its a good change bc all roaming builds were cheesy. See the irony here?

I promise u no 3 ppl will run away from u beeing 1 using their mount....u don’t look that danger