> > @"Warkind.6745" said:

> > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > > > > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

> > > > >

> > > > > So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

> > > >

> > > > Dude I already looked for outnumbereds. I dont want to fight any of you 1v1. I wanted to fight you guys 1v2. Or 1v3. Yeah I'd lose a lot. Already did, but it was fun. And my counter to getting jumped out of stealth is to have decent reactions. Nothing can permastealth that i know of as of the most recent patch. You're missing the point entirely. You should not be free to avoid conflict at will to play the game mode how you want. Conflict should be a core part of the game mode and not just the conflict you're lookign for. Trust me when I say I dont look for zergs to run me over, but man did it happen. It will continue to happen, but it will no longer happen that I have a fun fight with 3 people on their way to an objective because they'll just leap 3 times and theyre riding off into the sunset. Back to die to 14k hammer hits before they run here and say its a good change bc all roaming builds were cheesy. See the irony here?

> > >

> > > The biggest objections to the mount are coming from the gankers who now have a harder time fighting people who don't want to fight. Why do you get your jollies out of doing that? If someone doesn't want to fight you, why does forcing them to fight make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people who want to fight you if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

> >

> > The biggest supporters of the mount are coming from people who just want to run to their blob and run over small groups for easy bags. If someone wants to fight you 1v1, why does chasing them for five minutes with your zerg make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people in even numbers if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

> >

> > Oh look. It's almost like I've unintelligently generalized the opposing argument and made baseless, aggressive claims.

>

> Don’t play a PvP mode then,just an idea? There are no safe zones for a reason other than in ur camps. Walking around in enemy territory should be a risk whether ur solo or with a group and since it’s open map PvP so should it be in ur owned territory. Combat only during blobs would get boring fast and wvw would definitely be worse of losing such a large dynamic.

I don't know if I'm more surprised that you misinterpreted my sarcasm or that you ended up agreeing with it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> So your issue is you can't spawn gank a server while their keep is under attack. I guess that is true. In that case id be all for reducing in combat speed your right.

>

> Still doesn't change your style much rn since your only ganking newbs or a guy who traited his scourge really poorly. Won't really change the outcome as you say since their probably already outnumbered by a lot.

>

Can't even remember the last time I spawn camped but ok.

Look. One of the classes/builds I play just happens to at the moment be one of the best suited to dismounting and killing people who dont use their 3 evades or break the dismount stun. While at the same time I can run around on mine with near impunity because the majority of people can't pump out enough dps fast enough even if the mounted player doesn't use the evades. I'm advocating making it easier for everyone to deal with mounted players. This actually reduces the advantage I currently have. Do you understand?

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> Ohhh! **Balli Skill#4 can dismount the Cavalry!** :astonished:

> HOT DAM! B)

>

> Thank you for the info, Illconceived! o7

It's a nice start but.. ever tried hitting a moving on foot person with a bali, let alone a sped up mounted one? It's not as useful as you'd hope D:

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > So your issue is you can't spawn gank a server while their keep is under attack. I guess that is true. In that case id be all for reducing in combat speed your right.

> >

> > Still doesn't change your style much rn since your only ganking newbs or a guy who traited his scourge really poorly. Won't really change the outcome as you say since their probably already outnumbered by a lot.

> >

>

> Can't even remember the last time I spawn camped but ok.

> Look. One of the classes/builds I play just happens to at the moment be one of the best suited to dismounting and killing people who dont use their 3 evades or break the dismount stun. While at the same time I can run around on mine with near impunity because the majority of people can't pump out enough dps fast enough even if the mounted player doesn't use the evades. I'm advocating making it easier for everyone to deal with mounted players. This actually reduces the advantage I currently have. Do you understand?

Deal with mounted players? Who cares if some guys trolls around on a mount. Hope he's having fun. That doesn't kill a zerg, it doesn't cap a keep.. only fighting does. 1vX situations.. open field retreats.. whatever. Fights happen over objectives.

> @"Warkind.6745" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Warkind.6745" said:

> > > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Why would you want to be slower? This game's not a walking simulator.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Because I don't enjoy the fact you can avoid combat at will, and no I dont play a cheese build.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Many classes can avoid combat at will before mount why no “ban stealth in wvw “ ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because it has counterplay. There are a ton of reveals. Some AoE. I think stealth also needs/needed a rework, but it at least had counterplay.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So what’s ur counter to getting jumped on out of stealth ? Can u really stop a thief from escaping u ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mounts have a counter too it called dmg and evade, I don’t care if one guy runs away from me who doesn’t want 1v1 me. I don’t get high on fighting unprepared non roomers who only want catch up with the commander.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry for u but from now on u will fight people who are ready for 1v1 but I promise u ur skills will improve fighting those from now on

> > > > >

> > > > > Dude I already looked for outnumbereds. I dont want to fight any of you 1v1. I wanted to fight you guys 1v2. Or 1v3. Yeah I'd lose a lot. Already did, but it was fun. And my counter to getting jumped out of stealth is to have decent reactions. Nothing can permastealth that i know of as of the most recent patch. You're missing the point entirely. You should not be free to avoid conflict at will to play the game mode how you want. Conflict should be a core part of the game mode and not just the conflict you're lookign for. Trust me when I say I dont look for zergs to run me over, but man did it happen. It will continue to happen, but it will no longer happen that I have a fun fight with 3 people on their way to an objective because they'll just leap 3 times and theyre riding off into the sunset. Back to die to 14k hammer hits before they run here and say its a good change bc all roaming builds were cheesy. See the irony here?

> > > >

> > > > The biggest objections to the mount are coming from the gankers who now have a harder time fighting people who don't want to fight. Why do you get your jollies out of doing that? If someone doesn't want to fight you, why does forcing them to fight make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people who want to fight you if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

> > >

> > > The biggest supporters of the mount are coming from people who just want to run to their blob and run over small groups for easy bags. If someone wants to fight you 1v1, why does chasing them for five minutes with your zerg make you happy? That's just sad and akin to bully tactics. Fight people in even numbers if you need your kitten to be stroked so badly.

> > >

> > > Oh look. It's almost like I've unintelligently generalized the opposing argument and made baseless, aggressive claims.

> >

> > Don’t play a PvP mode then,just an idea? There are no safe zones for a reason other than in ur camps. Walking around in enemy territory should be a risk whether ur solo or with a group and since it’s open map PvP so should it be in ur owned territory. Combat only during blobs would get boring fast and wvw would definitely be worse of losing such a large dynamic.

>

> I don't know if I'm more surprised that you misinterpreted my sarcasm or that you ended up agreeing with me

haha my apologies,quoted wrong poster so yeah deff should be a surprising and confusing post :)

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> Deal with mounted players? Who cares if some guys trolls around on a mount. Hope he's having fun. That doesn't kill a zerg, it doesn't cap a keep.. only fighting does. 1vX >situations.. open field retreats.. whatever. Fights happen over objectives.

And what about the situation people are reporting now of mounted zergs stood off staring at each other then just turning tail?

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"displayname.8315" said:

>

> > Deal with mounted players? Who cares if some guys trolls around on a mount. Hope he's having fun. That doesn't kill a zerg, it doesn't cap a keep.. only fighting does. 1vX >situations.. open field retreats.. whatever. Fights happen over objectives.

>

> And what about the situation people are reporting now of mounted zergs stood off staring at each other then just turning tail?

>

>

Maybe don't play on NA where everyone is afraid to die in combat and logs off after failing once. Watching KEK stream running over a zerg double their size and getting no fights after that is .. NA meta I guess.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> >

> > > I imagine that the better WvWarriors are going to to learn how best to place & use ballista, about posting player sentries at key points, about including some "mount disruption builds."

> > I'm curious which ballista skill you've found effective against warclaws

>

>

It's a cute tool tip.

But have you ever successfully knocked someone out of the air with it?

Something that was released broke and never fixed isn't a feature, it's wishful thinking.

> @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> >

> > > I imagine that the better WvWarriors are going to to learn how best to place & use ballista, about posting player sentries at key points, about including some "mount disruption builds."

> > I'm curious which ballista skill you've found effective against warclaws

>

> Skill 3 (was it I guess) should down instant. Did 11ksomething to a thief yesterday, that tried to flee into Hylek camp.

The bolt that goes waaaay up in a high arc and takes like ten seconds to land?

Hitting a warclaw with that?

chances are people on mounts who avoid fights aren't going to be much of a challenge anyway, so why try to fight them in the first place? how could fighting people who don't want to fight you cuz they just wanna zerg or their zerg build is really poorly optimized be any fun? oh yeah cuz youre a griefer who doesn't care about good fights. got it.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> chances are people on mounts who avoid fights aren't going to be much of a challenge anyway, so why try to fight them in the first place? how could fighting people who don't want to fight you cuz they just wanna zerg or their zerg build is really poorly optimized be any fun? oh yeah cuz youre a griefer who doesn't care about good fights. got it.

Yeh you are right the zergs should never ever fight each other. When spotted the commanders should take an accurate head count, discuss the likely outcome, then both sides go pvdoor different towers. Which was happening the other night pretty much. What is this don't want to fight nonsense. Go to silverwastes. I'm going to go join an spvp match and complain at everyone that tries to fight me on a node.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Lol people join a game mode fully aware it’s mass open world pvp mode and ask why should a player have to fight when they don’t want to?

>**That’s like** going in pvp conquest and saying how dare these players interrupt my node capping by engaging me lmao. Go back to pve with that mentality.wvw is a pvp mode wow

No that's not like. That's bull - shit.

Either everyone has the chance to run away or no one should have. Simple as that.

Tone down the mobility of all specs to necro standards, then we can get rid of the mount or at least reduce its mobility.

This is a fucking videogame and videogames are about creating fun to all players. Have you ever heard of "fun to fight with and fun to fight against" as a basic mechanic rule for competitive videogames? Gankers who can disengage at will are not fun to fight against. They are the reason for frustration and they keep players away from the game mode. Your ignorance won't change that.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > chances are people on mounts who avoid fights aren't going to be much of a challenge anyway, so why try to fight them in the first place? how could fighting people who don't want to fight you cuz they just wanna zerg or their zerg build is really poorly optimized be any fun? oh yeah cuz youre a griefer who doesn't care about good fights. got it.

>

> Yeh you are right the zergs should never ever fight each other. When spotted the commanders should take an accurate head count, discuss the likely outcome, then both sides go pvdoor different towers. Which was happening the other night pretty much. What is this don't want to fight nonsense. Go to silverwastes. I'm going to go join an spvp match and complain at everyone that tries to fight me on a node.

Those times are a bummer in WvW. Gotta follow your group and play super aggressive, hope they lighten up and start trying. We all know when it's mostly new players tho. I'll get exacerbated and log off sometimes too. Or stick with them and just try to make it fun.

I mean mesmers, soulbeasts and teleport-spec'd revs can keep up with the warclaw for quite a while, and thieves can keep up with them indefinitely. While I haven't tested it, I'm sure holos can keep up for some time as well.

Normal swiftness movement speed isn't the only indication of mobility and the cats don't have _that_ much health.

If there's one aspect of the mount I'd remove it isn't the dodges -- its the passive immunity to control effects.

~ Kovu

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > Lol people join a game mode fully aware it’s mass open world pvp mode and ask why should a player have to fight when they don’t want to?

> >**That’s like** going in pvp conquest and saying how dare these players interrupt my node capping by engaging me lmao. Go back to pve with that mentality.wvw is a pvp mode wow

> No that's not like. That's bull - kitten.

>

> Either everyone has the chance to run away or no one should have. Simple as that.

>

> Tone down the mobility of all specs to necro standards, then we can get rid of the mount or at least reduce its mobility.

>

> This is a kitten videogame and videogames are about creating fun to all players. Have you ever heard of "fun to fight with and fun to fight against" as a basic mechanic rule for competitive videogames? Gankers who can disengage at will are not fun to fight against. They are the reason for frustration and they keep players away from the game mode. Your ignorance won't change that.

>

Are u that special to realize not all specs should move at same pace considering the mobility specs give up things for that mobility. So a soulbeast,warrior and holo should have same mobility as the squishy thief?right lmao

Seriously, play a condi build if you want to dismount someone, they have 11k health and no cleanses on mount skills. On my condi thief I have doom and geomancy on my P/D set, using steal into weapon swap into P/D 3 will forcibly dismount someone in 5s without using any other skills, leaving them face down on the floor in easy teleport range.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > chances are people on mounts who avoid fights aren't going to be much of a challenge anyway, so why try to fight them in the first place? how could fighting people who don't want to fight you cuz they just wanna zerg or their zerg build is really poorly optimized be any fun? oh yeah cuz youre a griefer who doesn't care about good fights. got it.

>

> Yeh you are right the zergs should never ever fight each other. When spotted the commanders should take an accurate head count, discuss the likely outcome, then both sides go pvdoor different towers. Which was happening the other night pretty much. What is this don't want to fight nonsense. Go to silverwastes. I'm going to go join an spvp match and complain at everyone that tries to fight me on a node.

so basically business as usual, lol. I wasn't talking about zergs, and that sucks that that is happening.

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > Lol people join a game mode fully aware it’s mass open world pvp mode and ask why should a player have to fight when they don’t want to? That’s like going in pvp conquest and saying how dare these players interrupt my node capping by engaging me lmao. Go back to pve with that mentality.wvw is a pvp mode wow

>

> Ridiculous analogy. sPvP is specifically designed for even or reasonably even fights. WvW otoh has a large mix of sizes and styles of PvP, but I have zero respect for anyone who deliberately aims to fight those who don't want a fight.

>

> And for the record, I've done thousands of hours of WvW and hit gold ranking a long time ago. I've been doing this rodeo for years.

Do you PM every player you kill and ask for their permission first? lol You sound ridiculous.