An idea to help with "Tagging".

Jasher.6580

I currently play a healer/support role and I think it would be a good idea that support classes should benefit from the tags of the people they are supporting healing/granting boons. Overwatch and WoW have a similar system in place where healers will benefit from the kills of the people they are keeping alive. It would also encourage more people to play support classes in other game modes. I would really appreciate it if something similar was implemented.

I hope someone with some clout sees this suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Jasher

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> GW2 already works like this, healing others significantly lowers the tag threshold on mobs you both kill. You still need to tag, but you can literally cough at enemies and still get lootbags.

It honestly doesn't feel that way to me... the amount of loot bags I get on my Necro as compared to my support Scrapper is disproportionate to the point where it's silly.

> @"Jasher.6580" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > GW2 already works like this, healing others significantly lowers the tag threshold on mobs you both kill. You still need to tag, but you can literally cough at enemies and still get lootbags.

>

> It honestly doesn't feel that way to me... the amount of loot bags I get on my Necro as compared to my support Scrapper is disproportionate to the point where it's silly.

Because you're not tagging much with the scrapper to begin with, regardless of weaponry. This is why stuff like the guard staff is the loot stick - they heal and tag a ton. The necro has enough damage without heals and spreads out its AoE at range. Its a thankless job for carrying the zerg I know, but thats how it is. People will still cry nerf for it.

> @"Jasher.6580" said:

> I currently play a healer/support role and I think it would be a good idea that support classes should benefit from the tags of the people they are supporting healing/granting boons. Overwatch and WoW have a similar system in place where healers will benefit from the kills of the people they are keeping alive. It would also encourage more people to play support classes in other game modes. I would really appreciate it if something similar was implemented.

The current system is designed so that you share kill credit with anything that you have _tagged_ with some minimal amount of damage. _Healing_ that you have provided to the event (include to NPCs) is factored in at a lower rate.

The system works the same in WvW as in PvE. ANet's not going to create a new mechanic for WvW, but maybe they might be able to tweak the numbers so that the Healing contribution is greater.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Jasher.6580" said:

> > I currently play a healer/support role and I think it would be a good idea that support classes should benefit from the tags of the people they are supporting healing/granting boons. Overwatch and WoW have a similar system in place where healers will benefit from the kills of the people they are keeping alive. It would also encourage more people to play support classes in other game modes. I would really appreciate it if something similar was implemented.

>

> The current system is designed so that you share kill credit with anything that you have _tagged_ with some minimal amount of damage. _Healing_ that you have provided to the event (include to NPCs) is factored in at a lower rate.

>

> The system works the same in WvW as in PvE. ANet's not going to create a new mechanic for WvW, but maybe they might be able to tweak the numbers so that the Healing contribution is greater.

It doesn't have to be exclusive to WvW... but they can do it like every other MMO where:

Healer (A) heals Damage (B)

Damage (B) kills NPC ©

NPC © drops loot

Both Healer (A) and Damage (B) gets loot from NPC ©

-

Healer (A) gets loot because of his contribution despite not doing damage to NPC © because a concerted effort was made during the engagement. That's how it currently works in WoW and even Overwatch.

> @"Jasher.6580" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Jasher.6580" said:

> > > I currently play a healer/support role and I think it would be a good idea that support classes should benefit from the tags of the people they are supporting healing/granting boons. Overwatch and WoW have a similar system in place where healers will benefit from the kills of the people they are keeping alive. It would also encourage more people to play support classes in other game modes. I would really appreciate it if something similar was implemented.

> >

> > The current system is designed so that you share kill credit with anything that you have _tagged_ with some minimal amount of damage. _Healing_ that you have provided to the event (include to NPCs) is factored in at a lower rate.

> >

> > The system works the same in WvW as in PvE. ANet's not going to create a new mechanic for WvW, but maybe they might be able to tweak the numbers so that the Healing contribution is greater.

>

> It doesn't have to be exclusive to WvW... but they can do it like every other MMO where:

>

> Healer (A) heals Damage (B)

> Damage (B) kills NPC ©

> NPC © drops loot

> Both Healer (A) and Damage (B) gets loot from NPC ©

> -

> Healer (A) gets loot because of his contribution despite not doing damage to NPC © because a concerted effort was made during the engagement. That's how it currently works in WoW and even Overwatch.

Except every MMO has different loot tables, different rules of engagement. In particular, GW2 was designed from the start to require everyone to participate in dealing damage and provide some amount of support & control; other games aren't. Plus, GW2 makes it a lot easier to get event & mob credit generally than a lot of MMOs.

The system might not be perfect; it's just that it's designed from the ground up differently and it might not be realistic to try to compare one piece of it in isolation to the rest.

I don't think the system is awful. You're going to get a lot more bags whilst mindlessly spamming your AoEs on necro than any build on other professions as it is; whether you're healing allies with the other professions or not doesn't change that. (I'm not taking a shot at necros here, those AoEs are counterbalanced by generally being individually less threatening. Don't hate me, internet!)

About the only step I could see them taking is lowering the threshold on _how much_ damage you need to do to something for it to count as a tag if that target dies -- and I could see them not wanting to lower that bar _too_ far.

Somewhat related, I still find it amusing that my participation resets to 10 minutes whenever an ally I have healed dies.

~ Kovu

> @"Jasher.6580" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > GW2 already works like this, healing others significantly lowers the tag threshold on mobs you both kill. You still need to tag, but you can literally cough at enemies and still get lootbags.

>

> It honestly doesn't feel that way to me... the amount of loot bags I get on my Necro as compared to my support Scrapper is disproportionate to the point where it's silly.

many support scrappers run bulwark + purge gyro. however bulwark active is kinda trash aside from the personal barrier and the belt skill you dont really need with all the projectile hate from FB / warriors. so you can drop bulwark for shredder gyro. shredder gyro spamms wirlfinishers, if you use it with purge gyro the amount of cleanse you provide will be insane as it is light field + wirl = cleansing bolts. and you spamm it and it moves with you. you also have a lightning field on belt skill for on demand superspeed with combo.

the benefit of that is aside from much more condi cleanse or rather convert (even more with anti toxin runes), you also tag everything as it hits 5 targets in 360 radius every half second.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Jasher.6580" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > GW2 already works like this, healing others significantly lowers the tag threshold on mobs you both kill. You still need to tag, but you can literally cough at enemies and still get lootbags.

> >

> > It honestly doesn't feel that way to me... the amount of loot bags I get on my Necro as compared to my support Scrapper is disproportionate to the point where it's silly.

> Because you're not tagging much with the scrapper to begin with, regardless of weaponry. This is why stuff like the guard staff is the loot stick - they heal and tag a ton. The necro has enough damage without heals and spreads out its AoE at range. Its a thankless job for carrying the zerg I know, but thats how it is. People will still cry nerf for it.

>

Loot stick is ded. It got changed to a projectile a while back. Also guardians will spend a good deal of time in their tomes and not be able to attack anything besides retaliation.

However, it's not really that big of a deal since the "loot" from tagging things is insignificant-- it's just spikes and heavy loot bags which aren't worth much. It's mostly from the skirmish and reward tracks.

actually, the squad have an option to give free reward to players , mostly given for scouts ,but it could be a good idea to use it to make people focus more on healing people than kill the down .

tbh i get the same problem , i got more lot bags with my BL Rev than my FB, i don't know how people do or i just play FB badly .

Guardians get a lot of their tagging done through retaliation, something a typical Medi Scrapper has no way of giving to allies. My solution was to replace Blast Gyro (after it got nerfed a few patch back) with Elixir B, which gives retaliation to you, and the toolbelt has a chance of giving retaliation to 5 allies. With those boons active if you're pushing through a bomb, you'll see better results.

But yes, support is always going to get less rewards than a DPS, especially compared to an AoE spambot like Scourge.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Healers should not get loot solely from healing/buffing other players. This would promote AFK play styles which we already get enough complaints with minionmancers.

Since GW2 has no autofollow, how do you suggest healers/support go afk and still stay with the zerg or group? There are ways to afk farm in PvE, although I believe unattended afk farming is still against the EULA, but I can't see how it would be a problem in WvW if players were credited for kills via the heals and buffs they'd given to the players who did the DPS on said kills.

AFK pip farming at spawn, however...

> @"Tiny Doom.4380" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Healers should not get loot solely from healing/buffing other players. This would promote AFK play styles which we already get enough complaints with minionmancers.

>

> Since GW2 has no autofollow, how do you suggest healers/support go afk and still stay with the zerg or group? There are ways to afk farm in PvE, although I believe unattended afk farming is still against the EULA, but I can't see how it would be a problem in WvW if players were credited for kills via the heals and buffs they'd given to the players who did the DPS on said kills.

>

> AFK pip farming at spawn, however...

Not a true AFK which I should have been more specific about. You’d have players just going into a zerg and spamming skills and getting tags for everything instead of at least having to target first. Essentially it’d be right below just spamming your auto attack in a zerg but you would get more loot as well. Just set some kind of buff/heal skill to auto and then run around the zerg.

ESO has a similar issue where the optimal way to get tags is through heals.