Roaming with the Warclaw-updating your tactics so you can play the way you enjoy.

Nightshade.2570

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> For instance if I was running warrior I might drop axe/shield for rifle and do frenzy->volly->kill shot to dismount someone.

And then you die if it's a good fighter with a 1v1 capable build, because you're running rifle. Roaming warriors got the really short end of the stick with mounts.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > Ganking.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > >

> > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > >

> > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > >

> > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > >

> > > That's a strawman.

> > >

> > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > >

> > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> >

> > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> >

> > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

>

> Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

>

> Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World#Score

Flipping a tower = 4 points

Flipping a camp = 2 points

Killing a single player = 2 points without Bloodlust

I may not care but I dare you to say I don't contribute

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > I enjoy the warclaw as a roamer. Helps me get from A to B a little quicker. If someone on a battlekitty runs by me I'll jump off mine, mow them down (LB > warclaw) and pull out the 'ol GS and go to town. Unless they are built real tanky they are usually dead before they can get up from the knockdown from falling off the fightfeline. Professions (other than ranger cause LB) now will have to carry anti-calvary weapons if they want to spend the resources to knock someone off the crusadercat and get the advantage in a fight. That means people are going to have to make sacrifices in their builds which is AWESOME. It makes for a more diverse battle field. Diversity in game helps eliminate monotony and keeps things from getting stale. For instance if I was running warrior I might drop axe/shield for rifle and do frenzy->volly->kill shot to dismount someone.

>

> Most can't do that at all. It's going to be really tough even with like .. Warrior rifle or something to drop someone off their mount. The mount has 3 dodges, remember, so even if you're right next to your target, by the time you dismount and start attacking them, they've already gained almost enough distance to escape your ranged weapons.

>

> Ranger/Soulbeast is an exception because it both has ridiculously fast projectiles and bugged range (hits at like 1800+), it also has absurd burst to go with it (7k+ autoattacks, ~40k rapid fire combos). Other classes just can't throw enough burst fast enough to dismount someone who is intent on running away.

>

> Condi does work, but again, you only get 1 shot at damage, so you need to do the 10k burst in a few hits before they're out of range.. and then you have to chase them while it ticks .. while they are mounted and you aren't, so they gain tons of distance on you. By the time they actually ARE forced to dismount, they've gained so much distance, they're out of combat and can waypoint if they choose.

I'll try to dismount on some other professions tonight and see what I can get to work. Ranger I would defiantly agree is much easier than other profession but I think that's perfectly reasonable since their sole role is roaming so they should have the tools to be good at it. Thief I think has greater problems other than having trouble dismounting people. Besides if you're a thief you probably shouldn't be focusing on knocking people off their mounts anyways, that's not their play style. I'll give warrior a test but I image it wouldn't be hard with rifle unless they are already half way past me before I notice them. Mesmer no idea, don't play it. I do think something like a dismount trap (similar to thief's tripwire but longer) would be awesome. Not instantly dismount, but hit the mount for 50% health and give a 2s immobilize, up to like 5 targets.

> @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > For instance if I was running warrior I might drop axe/shield for rifle and do frenzy->volly->kill shot to dismount someone.

>

> And then you die if it's a good fighter with a 1v1 capable build, because you're running rifle. Roaming warriors got the really short end of the stick with mounts.

Learn to use rifle then, any fight is winnable if you're better than your opponent. Axe/shield is superior but I get good milage out of rifle on my warrior and it's only my second profession. If not, don't focus on knocking people off mounts. Defend camps and wait for people instead. Go capture camps and wait for people to show up. Trail behind zergs and pick of people returning/falling back. You have options other than 'tunnel vision the first person you see and try to knock them off their mount'. Honestly, even though I can, I don't always do it as ranger because it's a waste of time usually. Picking people out of a zerg that's preoccupied is much more profitable for me (in terms of kills) than picking off the random dude galloping by. If they want to dismount for a clean fight great, otherwise I have better uses for my resources.

Like I said in a previous reply though, I'm totally down for some sort of dismount trap. Say it hits the mount for 50% and immob for 1s. Something to give ganking a better chance but still give counter-play.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> Learn to use rifle then, any fight is winnable if you're better than your opponent.

Not me. My friend, who has like 12k hours on warrior and is a decent-enough fighter. Rifle is just not good enough to win most fights against a good dueler. If you're only picking off zerglings, then sure go for it.

> @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > Learn to use rifle then, any fight is winnable if you're better than your opponent.

>

> Not me. My friend, who has like 12k hours on warrior and is a decent-enough fighter. Rifle is just not good enough to win most fights against a good dueler. If you're only picking off zerglings, then sure go for it.

If you're trying to knock someone off of a mount that is just trying to get away, then there is a reasonable chance they are not a good dueler. (or they could be a good dueler and just trying to get some where, then they have every right to reck you for dismounting them). A good dueler who is looking for a duel would probably dismount on your face and try to fight you. In that case, run Axe/Shield and wait for those fights instead of trying to gank people. If you do want to gank people, try with rifle and hope they are bad enough (or your good enough) to smack them. WvW is always a gamble of some sorts. I'm not saying ganking is bad, but if you're looking for a good fight then you shouldn't be ganking in the first place. If you are ganking then anything can work if you know your matchups and who/where to jump them.

The point I'm getting to I guess is mounts just change the WvW play, not in a bad way though, just more focused. Don't chase pointless fights, fight where it matters. If you do just want bags, go with something to dismount people and run the risk of getting smacked.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > >

> > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > >

> > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > >

> > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > >

> > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > >

> > > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> > >

> > > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> >

> > Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

>

> If the problem is rewards from WvW, that's a whole different issue unrelated to mounts.

Depends on how you see it.

I play WvW for the fights, all sorts of fights, blobs zergs outnumbered fights 1v1's.

This is rewarding enough to me.

Mounts just limits the way i have fun,

and for some it completely kills the game for them.

> @"Magolith.9412" said:

> Except that in its current state, mounts make it far **too** easy to escape roamers that aren't running the cheesiest/burstiest of builds. It sort of just exacerbates the problem by forcing people to run even cheesier (which people hate) instead of more balanced builds.

This is very true, the mounts are encouraging bursty 1-shot style builds. One of my guilds ran with 4 people last night, all brawler builds Spellbreaker, Power Scrapper, FB, and a Hybrid Scourge. We couldn't get any groups that weren't twice our numbers to fight us, even if we dismounted and attacked groups of enemies that had equal numbers or even a bit more.

Eventually, 2 of us changed to full berserker longbow soulbeasts. I'm sure our enemies were happy about 1875+ range dismounts...

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> If you're trying to knock someone off of a mount...

Here's the problem with your Warrior rifle theory. It doesn't do enough damage fast enough to dismount anyone. *Even if they don't use any of their three dodges.* The only way a Warrior is going to rifle-dismount anyone is if they play Berserker and use SoF and Gunflame - and unfortunately Berserker is not very Viable.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> If you're trying to knock someone off of a mount that is just trying to get away, then there is a reasonable chance they are not a good dueler.

Possible yes. Those people are typically the zerglings. Not always the case though.

> "In that case, run Axe/Shield and **wait for those fights** instead of trying to gank people. "

Considering most of the WVW pop just wants to run away until it's a 1v3, good luck with that. Also, I find it hard to classify Axe/Sh warrior as "gank". I guess you just mean "killing somebody who's trying to run and do something else than fight you."

> but if you're looking for a good fight then you shouldn't be ganking in the first place

Another point that seems to keep getting globally applied to roamers... a lot of us are not just "looking for a good fight" ya know. Me personally, I just want *any* fight I can get that doesn't involve pressing 1 against a door or wall. It just so happens that me killing people can actually contribute a decent amount to war score too....

I don't have a problem with people trying to escape, just that it's extremely easy to do now. It encourages cheese & glassy LB soulbeasts (which is bad enough), and screws over roamers who just want fights and to run a balanced build.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > Except that in its current state, mounts make it far **too** easy to escape roamers that aren't running the cheesiest/burstiest of builds. It sort of just exacerbates the problem by forcing people to run even cheesier (which people hate) instead of more balanced builds.

>

> This is very true, the mounts are encouraging bursty 1-shot style builds. One of my guilds ran with 4 people last night, all brawler builds Spellbreaker, Power Scrapper, FB, and a Hybrid Scourge. We couldn't get any groups that weren't twice our numbers to fight us, even if we dismounted and attacked groups of enemies that had equal numbers or even a bit more.

>

> Eventually, 2 of us changed to full berserker longbow soulbeasts. I'm sure our enemies were happy about 1875+ range dismounts...

Then run a couple of rangers in your squad all the time

>

> > If you're trying to knock someone off of a mount...

>

> Here's the problem with your Warrior rifle theory. It doesn't do enough damage fast enough to dismount anyone. *Even if they don't use any of their three dodges.* The only way a Warrior is going to rifle-dismount anyone is if they play Berserker and use SoF and Gunflame - and unfortunately Berserker is not very Viable.

>

Okay, that doesn't work. (idk for sure, haven't tested, just taking your word). They are probably ignoring you because they are on their way to take a camp, or tower, or assit a zerg. You should go defend that camp, or tower, or pick people off that zerg. Snagging people off of mounts isn't the only way to fight.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > > Except that in its current state, mounts make it far **too** easy to escape roamers that aren't running the cheesiest/burstiest of builds. It sort of just exacerbates the problem by forcing people to run even cheesier (which people hate) instead of more balanced builds.

> >

> > This is very true, the mounts are encouraging bursty 1-shot style builds. One of my guilds ran with 4 people last night, all brawler builds Spellbreaker, Power Scrapper, FB, and a Hybrid Scourge. We couldn't get any groups that weren't twice our numbers to fight us, even if we dismounted and attacked groups of enemies that had equal numbers or even a bit more.

> >

> > Eventually, 2 of us changed to full berserker longbow soulbeasts. I'm sure our enemies were happy about 1875+ range dismounts...

>

> Then run a couple of rangers in your squad all the time

>

> >

> > > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > If you're trying to knock someone off of a mount...

> >

> > Here's the problem with your Warrior rifle theory. It doesn't do enough damage fast enough to dismount anyone. *Even if they don't use any of their three dodges.* The only way a Warrior is going to rifle-dismount anyone is if they play Berserker and use SoF and Gunflame - and unfortunately Berserker is not very Viable.

> >

>

> Okay, that doesn't work. (idk for sure, haven't tested, just taking your word). They are probably ignoring you because they are on their way to take a camp, or tower, or assit a zerg. You should go defend that camp, or tower, or pick people off that zerg. Snagging people off of mounts isn't the only way to fight.

The trick as a solo roamer is to pick people off **before** they get to their zerg. And it's just about guaranteed there are multiple enemies at said camp or tower if the person is on their way there. Doesn't mean it's going to be an impossible fight, but the odds of you actually accomplishing anything decreases once they reach their group.

> @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > If you're trying to knock someone off of a mount that is just trying to get away, then there is a reasonable chance they are not a good dueler.

>

> Possible yes. Those people are typically the zerglings. Not always the case though.

>

> > "In that case, run Axe/Shield and **wait for those fights** instead of trying to gank people. "

>

> Considering most of the WVW pop just wants to run away until it's a 1v3, good luck with that. Also, I find it hard to classify Axe/Sh warrior as "gank". I guess you just mean "killing somebody who's trying to run and do something else than fight you."

I generally consider ganking as fighting someone doesn't expect or doesn't want to fight. Everyone seems to have a slightly different definition. Anyone profession can gank if you try hard enough, some are better than others.

>

> > but if you're looking for a good fight then you shouldn't be ganking in the first place

>

> Another point that seems to keep getting globally applied to roamers... a lot of us are not just "looking for a good fight" ya know. Me personally, I just want *any* fight I can get that doesn't involve pressing 1 against a door or wall. It just so happens that me killing people can actually contribute a decent amount to war score too....

>

I have no problem finding fights as a roamer. I know, I know, I'm a dirty ranger. Believe it or not, the vast majority of my fights are **not** from knocking people off mounts. (though I occasionally do. :P)

> I don't have a problem with people trying to escape, just that it's extremely easy to do now. It encourages cheese & glassy LB soulbeasts (which is bad enough), and screws over roamers who just want fights and to run a balanced build.

Build diversity is a whole other topic and people will always run the 'most cheesy' build regardless of mounts. I defiantly promote the idea of build diversity and balance, but this is hardly an argument against mounts and roaming.

On a side note if the build is valid and not a glitch/hack then there is nothing cheesy about it. It's just a good build. If you were beaten by another player and didn't expect them to attack/have that build then adapt and do better next time.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > >

> > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > >

> > > > That's a strawman.

> > > >

> > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > >

> > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > >

> > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > >

> > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> >

> > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> >

> > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World#Score

>

> Flipping a tower = 4 points

> Flipping a camp = 2 points

> Killing a single player = 2 points without Bloodlust

>

> I may not care but I dare you to say I don't contribute

OK ... I didn't say you don't contribute, so you don't need to make an argument out of it just to throw more salt on the situation. The fact is that it's completely reasonable for Anet to introduce mechanics to direct players in a way that matches the spirit of what WvW is about. If you didn't care about the score, then obviously your motives to be in that game mode are questionable in the first place.

> @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > >

> > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > >

> > > > That's a strawman.

> > > >

> > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > >

> > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > >

> > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > >

> > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> >

> > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> >

> > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

>

> Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

The satisfaction of winning a competition. If you are in it for trophies you may be better off trying PvE.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > > >

> > > > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> > > >

> > > > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> > >

> > > Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

> >

> > If the problem is rewards from WvW, that's a whole different issue unrelated to mounts.

>

> Depends on how you see it.

> I play WvW for the fights, all sorts of fights, blobs zergs outnumbered fights 1v1's.

> This is rewarding enough to me.

> Mounts just limits the way i have fun,

> and for some it completely kills the game for them.

I don't understand how any one can see it how reward satisfaction is related to mounts; you might love the rewards and hate the mounts, or hate the rewards and love the mounts, or love both or hate both. They simple have no correlation. What is that relationship if you want to make it? You're asking what you get if you win ... I think you already know the answer to that question, so just say what you want to say.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > >

> > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > >

> > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > >

> > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > >

> > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > >

> > > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> > >

> > > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> >

> > Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

>

> The satisfaction of winning a competition. If you are in it for trophies you may be better off trying PvE.

a trophy is something rather subjective

my satisfaction comes from fighting people

your satisfaction comes from kill npcs and take towers and farm karma

Which one seems like more of a pve ?

Hint : it's not me

Edit : word

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I don't understand how any one can see it how reward satisfaction is related to mounts; you might love the rewards and hate the mounts, or hate the rewards and love the mounts, or love both or hate both. They simple have no correlation. What is that relationship if you want to make it? You're asking what you get if you win ... I think you already know the answer to that question, so just say what you want to say.

I already said many times in other threads...

It's about freedom of choice

Mounts kills some builds/classes/playstyles

That's why people don't like mounts

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > > >

> > > > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> > > >

> > > > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> > >

> > > Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

> >

> > The satisfaction of winning a competition. If you are in it for trophies you may be better off trying PvE.

>

> a trophy is something rather subjective

> my satisfaction comes from fighting people

> your satisfaction comes from kill npcs and take towers and farm karma

> Which one seems like more of a pve ?

> Hint : it's not me

> Edit : word

Hint: you don't know where my satisfaction comes from. If you need to make false accusations to support your position th3n perhaps your position lacks merit?

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Correct. The Warclaw removed the advantage that certain 'niche classes' had, evening out the playfield for all players.

The "deal" before warclaw was that some classes are superior in small level combat and some classes are superior in large level combat. Warclaw indeed protects a necro from a mesmer attack when alone but that doesn't suddenly make the mesmer a viable zerg class. I wouldn't call this evening out the playing field...

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

>

> > I don't understand how any one can see it how reward satisfaction is related to mounts; you might love the rewards and hate the mounts, or hate the rewards and love the mounts, or love both or hate both. They simple have no correlation. What is that relationship if you want to make it? You're asking what you get if you win ... I think you already know the answer to that question, so just say what you want to say.

>

> I already said many times in other threads...

> It's about freedom of choice

> Mounts kills some builds/classes/playstyles

> That's why people don't like mounts

>

>

Yea good luck playing bruiser builds now..

Literally HAVE to play 1-shot builds or cheese set ups now...

I bored myself into Anthem and Im playing Anthem with all it's bugs and glitches and its less of a circus show than what GW2 is at the moment.

> @"Nightshade.2570" said:

> In this discussion I am hoping to engage experienced WvWers to post up ideas or things they have tried to help all the people who are finding it hard to adjust to the new warclaw playstyle and how to continue to play the game in the manner they enjoy.

As a solo roamer, I haven't found too many new things yet.

* I make it a habit of mounting up whenever I'm in a capping circle. It's an often an advantage against defenders trying to get me out.

* A good tactic defending against capping is staying on the mount and dodging. Sooner or later allies will appear or NPCs respawn. Pretty boring, I know.

* When in a stalemate because noone wants to got off their mount first, I whisper players and talk to them about how boring warclaw is :-)

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> > > >

> > > > Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

> > >

> > > The satisfaction of winning a competition. If you are in it for trophies you may be better off trying PvE.

> >

> > a trophy is something rather subjective

> > my satisfaction comes from fighting people

> > your satisfaction comes from kill npcs and take towers and farm karma

> > Which one seems like more of a pve ?

> > Hint : it's not me

> > Edit : word

>

> Hint: you don't know where my satisfaction comes from. If you need to make false accusations to support your position th3n perhaps your position lacks merit?

What?

You just said :

"The satisfaction of winning a competition"

You acused me of playing for trophies in the first place.

I was implying that there's no reason to play to "win the competition". There's no such thing as winning WvW, its completely arbitrary, you can try as much as you want to win, in the end its coverage that determines who wins and who loses how can It be satisfiying?

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> >

> > > I don't understand how any one can see it how reward satisfaction is related to mounts; you might love the rewards and hate the mounts, or hate the rewards and love the mounts, or love both or hate both. They simple have no correlation. What is that relationship if you want to make it? You're asking what you get if you win ... I think you already know the answer to that question, so just say what you want to say.

> >

> > I already said many times in other threads...

> > It's about freedom of choice

> > Mounts kills some builds/classes/playstyles

> > That's why people don't like mounts

> >

> >

>

> Yea good luck playing bruiser builds now..

> Literally HAVE to play 1-shot builds or cheese set ups now...

>

Yeah i know my gear is sitting on my bank since they announced warclaw

But i still like to zerg i just dont know much longer though, its like playing against bots....

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

>

> > I don't understand how any one can see it how reward satisfaction is related to mounts; you might love the rewards and hate the mounts, or hate the rewards and love the mounts, or love both or hate both. They simple have no correlation. What is that relationship if you want to make it? You're asking what you get if you win ... I think you already know the answer to that question, so just say what you want to say.

>

> I already said many times in other threads...

> It's about freedom of choice

> Mounts kills some builds/classes/playstyles

> That's why people don't like mounts

>

>

Sometimes freedom of choice isn't the best option. Put it this way ... you can still choose to play how you want, it's just not as fun for some people as it was before. That's the trade off between a sand box and a theme park model for MMO. Anet gave players the sand box option in WvW; for whatever reason, it's not working the way they want it.

That still doesn't explain how you correlate rewards with mounts ...