GW2 site isn't mobile friendly, why is that?

Evil.1580

So I tried to take a look at the website, read some relevant info and some posts on the forum, from my phone. I was amused by the fact that the site isn't responsive in 2019. The mobile industry is expanding very quickly, big gaming companies are making mobile-only games and I was just wondering why this site isn't responsive?

Maybe they don't get enough traffic from phones to consider a mobile site worthwhile? Even though I'm often away from home and can't get to a PC I can't remember the last time I looked at the main site on my phone. I'll often be on the forum when I'm away but that has a mobile version (it's quite similar, but the layout is cleaner and larger to accommodate the smaller screen, and of course menus are in different places).

I seem to remember there is a way to get the PC version of the forum to come up on your phone, so maybe that's what you're seeing?

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> I'm looking at the forums on my phone right now, and it works fine. What exactly are you looking at?

I guess the main website (guildwars2.com), was trying to get on the forums from there. But my fingers are fat and got nervous.

Also, the most relevant info is written right there, on the feed, would be great if it is mobile friendly!

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > I'm looking at the forums on my phone right now, and it works fine. What exactly are you looking at?

>

> I guess the main website (guildwars2.com), was trying to get on the forums from there. But my fingers are fat and got nervous.

This is the link I use: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com

Funny thing is, using the site on my phone is the only way I can get full working functionality currently due to the JavaScript bugs and loss of site button functionality. In fact its the only way I can actually log out of the site as well.

Not sure what the issue is... if the buttons etc are small, surely you have finger zooming so you can enlarge the touch area?

They have bothered too much with backwards compatibility.

This just needs a bit of CSS grid layout and **orientation** @media rules, but that doesn't work on older browsers.

Shouldn't ever bother with Edge anymore since they are switching to Chromium.

If https://caniuse.com/ says it's already available in chrome and firefox, it should be good to go.