Replace "Lich Form" with it's fifth skill ; "Grim Specter"?

killfil.3472

> @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > > Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

> > >

> > > If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> > > (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

> > >

> > > Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

> >

> > Old no. That would would reduce Condi necros DPS by a noticeable amount.

> >

> > Plaguelands is perfectly fine

>

> AM i the only one who misses my high tank and condi dmg hug target Plague?? XD. Yo that was are crutch hide in wvw and pvp lol. Maybe if they just made it castable at range over on self.. hmmm ok now im just brainstorming lol

Oh wow. That was meant to be "pls no" autocorrect decided different...

Getting the old one back.... Well. It was nice.

But right now I'd like to see some major reworks and not old skills freshened up.

-For example remove lich form, replace it with an actual viable elite (or make it just way way way smaller, so it fits you charakter's size (no more "oh look, someone is wanting to be targeted"

-Rework focus 4

-Rework deathmagic

-rework scourge mechanics

-Rework shroud

To fix some major issues with necro

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"VixusIrine.9013" said:

> > Nah, I don't really see the point in it. removing the entire elite for just grim specter would be very lackluster and frankly just plain unecessary to simplyfy it. Just look at what anet did to warrior banners. They became even more boring after the rework. They had every oppurntunity to rework the banner skills into something much more enganging but chose to gut them into the most passive thing ever. That being said, Lich Form still has some other great skills to it but it's just fallen victim to power creep over the years with the new specializations. Honestly they should just buff the duration to a whopping 40-60 seconds. The elite has pretty high damage output but you never really get any time to use it to it's full extent. You might think it's overkill but Lich Form makes you the biggest target in the vicinity, you have one very slow mobility skill and locked out of your healing and other utilities too, it's basically trading utility for raw power. Just bump it's cooldown back up to 180 seconds and there you go, problem solved.

>

> Keeping lich form don't solve the issue that transform skills are incredibly cluncky to use with short uptime and a lock out of your utilities. Increasing the uptime like you suggest solve artificially the single "uptime" issue allowing players to gain a better familiarity over the lich's skills but at the same time it make the other issues even more "painful" for the player.

Actually not all of them are.

Tornado is fairly solid thought not used often it makes a big impact in pvp

Rampage is actually good in pvp it can be used frequently and its dodge/block every skill or get killed.

Reapers shroud only clunk is that its slow at a base default (its base cast times are still living in 2015-2016)

The best way to solve the uptime issue would be to shorten the up time of the transform and dramatically decrease the recharge of the skill so that it could be use more often in general. Not allow some one to be transformed for a needlessly long period of time.

Now if you want to talk about pve i wouldn't call them clunky... their are just far better options and in most cases with lower cooldowns. Anet has gated people away from using them by making the cool downs in pvp obnoxiously high when they dont need to be that high in a fairly non competitive mode.

>

> Personally, I'd only accept the lich form (elite transformation) if it was a second optional (elite skill) purely offensive "shroud", with a standard 10s CD, an 8% LF cost per second and no second life bar.

I dont agree with this you forget a lot of the mechanics that happen behind lich like the increased vitally and precision furthermore this would be doing exactly the same thing you called me out for and making a new elite spec. Lich and Shroud are not the same type of transforms and should not be compared with one another one has a resource cost to upkeep the other does not. One increases base stats while the other does not without traits applied. While both might be a transform they are for sure not the same type of transform.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > > > Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

> > > >

> > > > If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> > > > (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

> > > >

> > > > Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

> > >

> > > Old no. That would would reduce Condi necros DPS by a noticeable amount.

> > >

> > > Plaguelands is perfectly fine

> >

> > AM i the only one who misses my high tank and condi dmg hug target Plague?? XD. Yo that was are crutch hide in wvw and pvp lol. Maybe if they just made it castable at range over on self.. hmmm ok now im just brainstorming lol

>

> Oh wow. That was meant to be "pls no" autocorrect decided different...

> Getting the old one back.... Well. It was nice.

> But right now I'd like to see some major reworks and not old skills freshened up.

>

> -For example remove lich form, replace it with an actual viable elite (or make it just way way way smaller, so it fits you charakter's size (no more "oh look, someone is wanting to be targeted"

> -Rework focus 4

> -Rework deathmagic

> -rework scourge mechanics

> -Rework shroud

>

> To fix some major issues with necro

Id like to add id very much like Necromancer weapon skills all to generate Life Force (every one of them on each weapon generate life force) in a high manner to offset the issues with Shrouds. Death Shroud and Reaper only suffer over the need of dead npcs and players when in pvp setting no one is dying constantly and it should at least generate at a decent rate without so much investment in the life force generation from traits (like staff) to actually use their own class mechanic. I always found that odd. THey even balanced reaper to drain it fast . (so shouldnt your out of reaper shroud generate it enough that you can go back in it without feeling like a sitting duck)

I love lich form, but I have to say it's kinda lackluster in comparison to every other elite or it's similars like rampage.

In PvP the cooldown is still way too long and the dmg too low unless you're running full glass. In PvE I've never really seen ppl use it, like at all, but them again I don't do much PvE to know so someone who does can talk about it better than I can.

Going back to the OP, I kinda like the idea of turning lich 5 into an elite skill since we are missing one anyway. I think they could either turn that skill into an alite and do something else to lich 5 or just replace it like OP said since nobody really uses it that much in neither game modes.

> @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

> > >

> > > If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> > > (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

> > >

> > > Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

> >

> > Old no. That would would reduce Condi necros DPS by a noticeable amount.

> >

> > Plaguelands is perfectly fine

>

> AM i the only one who misses my high tank and condi dmg hug target Plague?? XD. Yo that was are crutch hide in wvw and pvp lol. Maybe if they just made it castable at range over on self.. hmmm ok now im just brainstorming lol

Plague had near zero combat value. It did no significant damage and was little more than a pseudo blocking skill. The pulses were slow and the conditions did not stack well for benefit when the transform ended.

> @"Hairy Aunt.1789" said:

> The new lich is super powerful for wvw. You realize you are healing/damaging over 20K in a 5 second period with your siphon skill? You can cast scourge skills still, that is over 10K in barriers with the new shade skill along with 40K health. You are very hard to kill.

Imagine instead being able to siphon using Grim Specter whilst being able to use both shades, your weapon skills and utility bar. That seems like a far better deal if you ask me.

One of the reasons I was suggesting this change is also because I would much appreciate having an elite skill that doesn't have an exorbitant cooldown, so runes like the superior rune of resistance can be used more effectively.

And before anyone mentions the golem… That pitiful thing is barely functional.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > > > Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

> > > >

> > > > If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> > > > (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

> > > >

> > > > Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

> > >

> > > Old no. That would would reduce Condi necros DPS by a noticeable amount.

> > >

> > > Plaguelands is perfectly fine

> >

> > AM i the only one who misses my high tank and condi dmg hug target Plague?? XD. Yo that was are crutch hide in wvw and pvp lol. Maybe if they just made it castable at range over on self.. hmmm ok now im just brainstorming lol

>

> Plague had near zero combat value. It did no significant damage and was little more than a pseudo blocking skill. The pulses were slow and the conditions did not stack well for benefit when the transform ended.

true lol i used it for tanking to survive longer lol. still miss it tho!

> @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > > @"LinhZeri.6412" said:

> > > > > Lol Lich Form is fine. They just need to make it a smaller avatar instead of a HIT ME NOW red flag .

> > > > >

> > > > > If yu really want a skill to change.. Plaguelands needs to be an Elite Well and redone. . Well of Profane! https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Well_of_the_Profane

> > > > > (Def dont need to copy Spellbreakers Winds of Disenchantment. Perhaps make it healing has no effect while in the Elite Well and it does damage per second.) Would be a cool thing for them to have. high +120 sec Cooldown.

> > > > >

> > > > > Or Better yet revert the change and bring back Plague as it was..... (prefer the well suggestion since it would be neat)

> > > >

> > > > Old no. That would would reduce Condi necros DPS by a noticeable amount.

> > > >

> > > > Plaguelands is perfectly fine

> > >

> > > AM i the only one who misses my high tank and condi dmg hug target Plague?? XD. Yo that was are crutch hide in wvw and pvp lol. Maybe if they just made it castable at range over on self.. hmmm ok now im just brainstorming lol

> >

> > Plague had near zero combat value. It did no significant damage and was little more than a pseudo blocking skill. The pulses were slow and the conditions did not stack well for benefit when the transform ended.

>

> true lol i used it for tanking to survive longer lol. still miss it tho!

I remember the good ol' days when we had that proper "Oh shit" move.