Vote on and suggest new PvP leaderboard titles

I LOVE the nobility theme a lot. Within the realm of my own skill capabilities, Baron or Knight are both feasible and I think both sound very cool. I do think Baron of PvP doesn't quite ring as well. I certainly don't want to see something like Legendary Baron or Legendary Knight. And While Baron of PvP is really cool, I think "Of PvP" could be finessed into something a bit better.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we introduce a different system of recognition instead or maybe something people actually care about?

Changing the titles will have a very minimal effect if any at all. We already have badges too, but they don't really make any impact either, so what could we do instead?

Well why don't we just give PvP players what they ACTUALLY want? Give them unique unlockable customisation options for appearances.

I'm honestly not sure what's so hard to understand about this, PvP rewards should be centred on appearance and customisation rewards as much as, if not more that reputation systems. Look just consider these:

• Unlockable togglable auras, (maybe one that shows floating kills vs deaths mid match and wins vs losses outside of a match).

• Customisable kill streak flavour text and animation (xxx is on a rampage).

• Unique hair styles unlockable for achieving a certain rank.

• Legendary dyes unlockable in PvP (chromatic or color changing for example)

• Unique emotes

• Unlockable UI skins

• Personality packs that affect your idle, sitting and run animations along with expressions.

• Customisable boon effect auras for your game only. (Great for streamers)

How about a streamer mode even?

The point is, please stop wasting time on things that people care very little about. K thanks bye

Could we have smth else than > @"Ajaxx.3157" said:

> 1st: God of the Mists ( in French ofc )

> 2nd: Demigod of the Mists

> 3rd: Immortal Legend of the Mists

> 4th-10th: Unyielding Legend of the Mists

> 11th – 25th: Relentless Legend of the Mists

> 26th-100th: Ruthless Legend of the Mists

> 101st – 250th: Grunt of the Mists

>

> 1st: God/Godess of the Mists ( in French )

> 2nd: Demigod/Demigoddess of the Mists

> 3rd: King/Queen of the Mists

> 4th-10th: Prince/Princess of the Mists

> 11th – 25th: Duke/Duchess of the Mists

> 26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of the Mists

> 101st – 250th: Knight/Dame of the Mists

I feel like Ajaxx is onto smth here. (mainly the french) jokes aside i find the "of pvp" to be abit uninspired and too selfaware.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > This is probably a minor thing but it's been bugging me for a while - please don't use the gamemode's name in titles (PvP/PvE/WvW). It's just very uninspired and even immersion breaking for an MMO - I'm no roleplayer but still, let's try to conjure up something from the lore if possible. Top 100 of PvP is even worse in that regard.

> >

> > For example God of the Mists or something similar for rank 1 instead of God of PvP.

>

> It does sound weird, and I agree to some extent. But we also commonly have the complaint that people want others to know what the accomplishment was and where it came from. Using of the Mists could work instead. However, in GW2 lore, the Mists also includes WvW and Fractals, so that could be pretty confusing as well.

>

> "of the Arena" might be a good substitute.

Isnt wvw more commonly refered as "the mistwars" tho?

Also, the suggestion to take titles from gw1 seems like a really nice idea.

I have a suggestion for the titles, after we've renamed them. Can we instead make them truly seasonal titles? Remove them from our account if we don't get the same rank placement next season or higher, so the titles have more meaning to compete for. I think people will be less likely to match manipulate if they have to do it every time on their main account and alts every season. Or I could be wrong.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Could we have smth else than > @"Ajaxx.3157" said:

> > 1st: God of the Mists ( in French ofc )

> > 2nd: Demigod of the Mists

> > 3rd: Immortal Legend of the Mists

> > 4th-10th: Unyielding Legend of the Mists

> > 11th – 25th: Relentless Legend of the Mists

> > 26th-100th: Ruthless Legend of the Mists

> > 101st – 250th: Grunt of the Mists

> >

> > 1st: God/Godess of the Mists ( in French )

> > 2nd: Demigod/Demigoddess of the Mists

> > 3rd: King/Queen of the Mists

> > 4th-10th: Prince/Princess of the Mists

> > 11th – 25th: Duke/Duchess of the Mists

> > 26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of the Mists

> > 101st – 250th: Knight/Dame of the Mists

>

> I feel like Ajaxx is onto smth here. (mainly the french) jokes aside i find the "of pvp" to be abit uninspired and too selfaware.

Of the Mists and Of The Arena are both better titles than Of PvP in my opinion. I personally prefer Of The Arena. Especially because at least half my ranked matches now a days take place in the Eternal Colosseum.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Could we have smth else than > @"Ajaxx.3157" said:

> > > 1st: God of the Mists ( in French ofc )

> > > 2nd: Demigod of the Mists

> > > 3rd: Immortal Legend of the Mists

> > > 4th-10th: Unyielding Legend of the Mists

> > > 11th – 25th: Relentless Legend of the Mists

> > > 26th-100th: Ruthless Legend of the Mists

> > > 101st – 250th: Grunt of the Mists

> > >

> > > 1st: God/Godess of the Mists ( in French )

> > > 2nd: Demigod/Demigoddess of the Mists

> > > 3rd: King/Queen of the Mists

> > > 4th-10th: Prince/Princess of the Mists

> > > 11th – 25th: Duke/Duchess of the Mists

> > > 26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of the Mists

> > > 101st – 250th: Knight/Dame of the Mists

> >

> > I feel like Ajaxx is onto smth here. (mainly the french) jokes aside i find the "of pvp" to be abit uninspired and too selfaware.

>

> Of the Mists and Of The Arena are both better titles than Of PvP in my opinion. I personally prefer Of The Arena. Especially because at least half my ranked matches now a days take place in the Eternal Colosseum.

I second the "of the Mists" idea. Those sound quite nice, although Princess of the Mists makes me giggle.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > Could we have smth else than > @"Ajaxx.3157" said:

> > > > 1st: God of the Mists ( in French ofc )

> > > > 2nd: Demigod of the Mists

> > > > 3rd: Immortal Legend of the Mists

> > > > 4th-10th: Unyielding Legend of the Mists

> > > > 11th – 25th: Relentless Legend of the Mists

> > > > 26th-100th: Ruthless Legend of the Mists

> > > > 101st – 250th: Grunt of the Mists

> > > >

> > > > 1st: God/Godess of the Mists ( in French )

> > > > 2nd: Demigod/Demigoddess of the Mists

> > > > 3rd: King/Queen of the Mists

> > > > 4th-10th: Prince/Princess of the Mists

> > > > 11th – 25th: Duke/Duchess of the Mists

> > > > 26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of the Mists

> > > > 101st – 250th: Knight/Dame of the Mists

> > >

> > > I feel like Ajaxx is onto smth here. (mainly the french) jokes aside i find the "of pvp" to be abit uninspired and too selfaware.

> >

> > Of the Mists and Of The Arena are both better titles than Of PvP in my opinion. I personally prefer Of The Arena. Especially because at least half my ranked matches now a days take place in the Eternal Colosseum.

>

> I second the "of the Mists" idea. Those sound quite nice, although Princess of the Mists makes me giggle.

Of the Mists is a bit too generic, but it's definitely better than "Of PvP." I dunno I've just never been crazy about the Mists theming of GW2's PvP. Princess of PvP might be the best title in the game however.

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> What if we introduce a different system of recognition instead or maybe something people actually care about?

>

> Changing the titles will have a very minimal effect if any at all. We already have badges too, but they don't really make any impact either, so what could we do instead?

>

> Well why don't we just give PvP players what they ACTUALLY want? Give them unique unlockable customisation options for appearances.

>

> I'm honestly not sure what's so hard to understand about this, PvP rewards should be centred on appearance and customisation rewards as much as, if not more that reputation systems. Look just consider these:

>

> • Unlockable togglable auras, (maybe one that shows floating kills vs deaths mid match and wins vs losses outside of a match).

> • Customisable kill streak flavour text and animation (xxx is on a rampage).

> • Unique hair styles unlockable for achieving a certain rank.

> • Legendary dyes unlockable in PvP (chromatic or color changing for example)

> • Unique emotes

> • Unlockable UI skins

> • Personality packs that affect your idle, sitting and run animations along with expressions.

> • Customisable boon effect auras for your game only. (Great for streamers)

>

> How about a streamer mode even?

>

> The point is, please stop wasting time on things that people care very little about. K thanks bye

Can't really do that because then they'd all be win trading and cheating like mad to get all the shinies, and others who /really/ want those items will risk paying $$$ to get it. Over the top prestigious rewards that are given out in a very limited number will drive the little diehards mad.

> @"Andromeda.8293" said:

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > What if we introduce a different system of recognition instead or maybe something people actually care about?

> >

> > Changing the titles will have a very minimal effect if any at all. We already have badges too, but they don't really make any impact either, so what could we do instead?

> >

> > Well why don't we just give PvP players what they ACTUALLY want? Give them unique unlockable customisation options for appearances.

> >

> > I'm honestly not sure what's so hard to understand about this, PvP rewards should be centred on appearance and customisation rewards as much as, if not more that reputation systems. Look just consider these:

> >

> > • Unlockable togglable auras, (maybe one that shows floating kills vs deaths mid match and wins vs losses outside of a match).

> > • Customisable kill streak flavour text and animation (xxx is on a rampage).

> > • Unique hair styles unlockable for achieving a certain rank.

> > • Legendary dyes unlockable in PvP (chromatic or color changing for example)

> > • Unique emotes

> > • Unlockable UI skins

> > • Personality packs that affect your idle, sitting and run animations along with expressions.

> > • Customisable boon effect auras for your game only. (Great for streamers)

> >

> > How about a streamer mode even?

> >

> > The point is, please stop wasting time on things that people care very little about. K thanks bye

>

> Can't really do that because then they'd all be win trading and cheating like mad to get all the shinies, and others who /really/ want those items will risk paying $$$ to get it. Over the top prestigious rewards that are given out in a very limited number will drive the little diehards mad.

So you're saying that we shouldn't make PvP more interesting or rewarding for anyone because a couple of win traders might enjoy it?

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > @"Andromeda.8293" said:

> > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > What if we introduce a different system of recognition instead or maybe something people actually care about?

> > >

> > > Changing the titles will have a very minimal effect if any at all. We already have badges too, but they don't really make any impact either, so what could we do instead?

> > >

> > > Well why don't we just give PvP players what they ACTUALLY want? Give them unique unlockable customisation options for appearances.

> > >

> > > I'm honestly not sure what's so hard to understand about this, PvP rewards should be centred on appearance and customisation rewards as much as, if not more that reputation systems. Look just consider these:

> > >

> > > • Unlockable togglable auras, (maybe one that shows floating kills vs deaths mid match and wins vs losses outside of a match).

> > > • Customisable kill streak flavour text and animation (xxx is on a rampage).

> > > • Unique hair styles unlockable for achieving a certain rank.

> > > • Legendary dyes unlockable in PvP (chromatic or color changing for example)

> > > • Unique emotes

> > > • Unlockable UI skins

> > > • Personality packs that affect your idle, sitting and run animations along with expressions.

> > > • Customisable boon effect auras for your game only. (Great for streamers)

> > >

> > > How about a streamer mode even?

> > >

> > > The point is, please stop wasting time on things that people care very little about. K thanks bye

> >

> > Can't really do that because then they'd all be win trading and cheating like mad to get all the shinies, and others who /really/ want those items will risk paying $$$ to get it. Over the top prestigious rewards that are given out in a very limited number will drive the little diehards mad.

>

> So you're saying that we shouldn't make PvP more interesting or rewarding for anyone because a couple of win traders might enjoy it?

GW2 is a casual game. Locking a few titles behind pvp seasons and some monthly ATs is one thing, but giving out legendary dyes, skins, auras that only a handful of people can obtain and is only distributed every few months is not reasonable. PVP is plenty rewarding, easily much more rewarding that wvw during the active pvp season.

PVP is already the only game mode that limits the number of recipients of specific rewards. All wvw and pve rewards are obtainable by everyone who puts in the effort/gets carried. All pvp rewards are not reasonably obtainable by everyone.

> @"Bambi.8732" said:

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > @"Andromeda.8293" said:

> > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > What if we introduce a different system of recognition instead or maybe something people actually care about?

> > > >

> > > > Changing the titles will have a very minimal effect if any at all. We already have badges too, but they don't really make any impact either, so what could we do instead?

> > > >

> > > > Well why don't we just give PvP players what they ACTUALLY want? Give them unique unlockable customisation options for appearances.

> > > >

> > > > I'm honestly not sure what's so hard to understand about this, PvP rewards should be centred on appearance and customisation rewards as much as, if not more that reputation systems. Look just consider these:

> > > >

> > > > • Unlockable togglable auras, (maybe one that shows floating kills vs deaths mid match and wins vs losses outside of a match).

> > > > • Customisable kill streak flavour text and animation (xxx is on a rampage).

> > > > • Unique hair styles unlockable for achieving a certain rank.

> > > > • Legendary dyes unlockable in PvP (chromatic or color changing for example)

> > > > • Unique emotes

> > > > • Unlockable UI skins

> > > > • Personality packs that affect your idle, sitting and run animations along with expressions.

> > > > • Customisable boon effect auras for your game only. (Great for streamers)

> > > >

> > > > How about a streamer mode even?

> > > >

> > > > The point is, please stop wasting time on things that people care very little about. K thanks bye

> > >

> > > Can't really do that because then they'd all be win trading and cheating like mad to get all the shinies, and others who /really/ want those items will risk paying $$$ to get it. Over the top prestigious rewards that are given out in a very limited number will drive the little diehards mad.

> >

> > So you're saying that we shouldn't make PvP more interesting or rewarding for anyone because a couple of win traders might enjoy it?

>

> GW2 is a casual game. Locking a few titles behind pvp seasons and some monthly ATs is one thing, but giving out legendary dyes, skins, auras that only a handful of people can obtain and is only distributed every few months is not reasonable. PVP is plenty rewarding, easily much more rewarding that wvw during the active pvp season.

>

> PVP is already the only game mode that limits the number of recipients of specific rewards. All wvw and pve rewards are obtainable by everyone who puts in the effort/gets carried. All pvp rewards are not reasonably obtainable by everyone.

I don't think a few dyes or mount skins are that out of the ordinary for high performers in PvP.

I confess ... I didn't read all of the other messages from this thread. Mea culpa

At first I thought nobility could be the best one. But then it made no sense to me cause it's no like a king or else was a big part in the war and the mist war is all about warriors (not the class) so ... nobility doesn't really fit in.

But then any other one was really that great either. So I choose numbers lol

PS: I read someone talking about "God of **The mists** " and to be fair that one appeal more to me :D but more war titles (from a fantasic world perspective)

Like : Recruit -> Soldier -> Mercenary -> Knight -> Hero -> legend ->Embodiment -> God ... something like that :D

I would still like a theme such as the one I suggested here:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/70151/profession-specific-ranked-titles#latest

Titles for the profession you played the most of when you achieved your final placement.

For example; the class you played the most of during the season was a Necromancer and you placed 3rd, this would grant you _two_ titles, "Immortal Phantom" and Immortal Legend.

Other examples would be; Relentless Shadow, Unyielding Legionnaire, Merciless Illusionist, etc.

This would give people a greater incentive to play specific professions or to work on titles they want since there would be a much greater variety.

I like how there was no name calling just a reality check with the title suggestion of having "wintrader" or "match manipulator" as a unremovable title for the "top" players.

But the commwnt post got deleted lol. Funny how there is a "think like we want you to and just buy the flashy items" mentality going on and you aren't allowed to speak about reality at all.

What about - of battle, - of swords, or - of war?

War would maybe be more wvw sounding but you dont have ranking titles there so:

God/Goddess of War

Legendary Demigod/Demigoddess of War

King/Queen of War

Prince/Princess of War

Duke/Duchess of War

Baron/Baroness of War

Knight/Dame of War

Military ranks, by far.

They preserve the sense of hierarchy the Noble option provides, without sounding nearly as cheesy. They also instantly click with anyone familiar with classic WoW ranks, making it not only potentially more appealing but also recognizable.

Also, where be my High Warlord? C'mon @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" ! :+1:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An alternative I haven't seen in the opening post would be to theme entire seasons after something and then base ranks off that. Obviously, they would need an easy-to-understand hierarchy as well, but there's some potential in here. For example, Season of Charr could have ranks varying from the lowest ones to Khan-Ur/Imperator. If lore gets in the way, just add "of the Mists" of something to each.

It'd also help distinguish seasons from each other and player performance in each season more clearly, as numbers are harder to remember than "Season of the Norn" for example.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line, whichever option we go with, I feel it has to have a **clear hierarchy** if we are going to award Top X,Y,Z rather than a single title for Top X like WoW's been doing with seasonal Gladiators. It would also help if players didn't cringe at the sight of such title (truly not a fan of stuff like God/Goddess etc.)

I like the nobility theme with "of the Mists". Nobility with "of the Arena" just doesn't fit as well imo. Thematically "God, Demigod, Champion, Legend, Master, Veteran, Soldier of the Arena" fits way better. But they aren't as sweet for RP purposes (and it's well known most PvP players are really into RP).

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> WvW needs those military ranks as titles now! Pretty please :)

>

> My suggestions for PvP:

> 1st: The One Who Beat Them All

> 2nd: Not the Best One in PvP

> 3rd: Not even the 2nd Best One in PvP

> 4th-10th: Experienced in PvP

> 11th – 25th: Somehow Experienced in PvP

> 26th-100th: Try-hard of PvP

> 101st – 250th: Expendable and Forgettable

Best suggestion. I don't get why this isn't getting more traction. Although I think "Try-hard of PvP" is clearly the best one and should be the top 10 title instead...

Edit:

1st: God of the Arena

2nd: Demigod of the Arena

3rd: Champion of the Arena

4th-10th: Legend of the Arena

11th – 25th: Master of the Arena

26th-100th: Veteran of the Arena

101st – 250th: Soldier of the Arena