GW2 should focus on:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we need more living seasons.:P

I love the way ArenaNet does it and it makes me really happy because it drags you in the story as well. There are sure many side stories that should be mentioned.

Aside from that, I would like more fractals. Running the same 25ish isnt fun anymore after few months of griding.

But in the end, I think this is the best MMORPG and I think they are doing a really great job and I'm proud of everyone who worked/works or will be working on it.

best PvP for groups - no matter what groupsize! With distance the best RvR currently on the market - unfortunately completely undervalued and far too less advertised.

I think there is also the biggest developmentpotential in it - what you could add to maps and gamemode extensions makes me sick - if you look at how little is actually done for it.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> I personally would like to see more focus on guilds, in the broadest sense. Whether thats new guild missions, better openworld presence, like wvw or gw1 faction does or maybe a pvp mode more suited for guilds.

Oh my god, what a great idea! Would love to see that for sure

I would like to see mini expacks every 6 months containing the content of two episodes united - two maps, raid and fractal, 2 legendary weapons etc, two festivals in between and stories like Rytlock's one that expand the lore and foreshadow what's to come. Big updates to quality of life in them, a mount every mini expac.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> I would like to see mini expacks every 6 months containing the content of two episodes united - two maps, raid and fractal, 2 legendary weapons etc, two festivals in between and stories like Rytlock's one that expand the lore and foreshadow what's to come. Big updates to quality of life in them, a mount every mini expac.

>

>

Sort of this. They are far too tied up with formulaic styled episodes. Stories should take however maps and instances required not shoehorned in for the sake of it. Quality should in theiry improve that way

Variety, as they do now . . .

I spend the vast majority of my gw2 time in wvw, but if that was all the game had to offer I imagine I would have quit long ago. I dabble in other areas of the game and they are fun, and I meet ppl in wvw who are just dabbling and view some other aspect of the game as the 'best' or 'primary' game mode and it's great to see them enjoy my preferred mode and get their perspective . . .

Something else for me, because I set same importance to seeing open world, raids and WvW developing further that are 3 different points of the poll.

Aside of those 3, I would also like to see new content in fractals but with lower priority. I don't care about dungeons. I like gathering as is and I'm simply happy when we get new trees, plants and nodes, especially if that gives new home nodes. I am not sure how it would be possible to develop crafting more.

In short, I am happy for everything new that could come in the future, whatever the concerned activitie(s) would be, with a preference for open world, wvw and raids.

Open world but more specifically on the Lore aspects. I like LWS3 because of the maps construction and the side Lore they brought (Caudecus, Kodan, ..).

i understand that the "Living World" is more appropriate to add lore content but why we cant have more background for the "basic" game?

- More Norn/Charr/asura lore, with specific quests. We already have some material, events, dungeons or collections that could be used to create more immersive personal storys. The kind of quest wich can take several days or weeks to complete. Like a mix between the Wayfarer's Henge collection and some dungeon's lore maybe. The quest to obtain the Star of gratitude take several days if i remember, and imply some npc in the home instance. Caladbolg achievements could be an exemple for that too. We just need to find special items (weapon/mini pet/novelty..) wich can bring specific lore (with new NPC) for each race.

- Dungeons and fractal add some lore ok. But dungeons are too old and fractal are more play for daily rewards or "challenging content". A solution could be the improvement of old Mini-dungeons or creation of new one (with some new difficulties, mount use..). We had the Jakal portal puzzle at Crystal oasis or lately the Dwarven Catacombs. Those areas could be a base or a model to create new mini dungeons in wich we learn more about Glint, Vlast or joko in Crystal desert, about Olmakhans, Sunspears, inquest or dwarfs in S4 maps. A lot of side story aspects could be add in mini dungeons, JP or other specific areas only allowed for those who complete special achievements for exemple. I dont ask for big rewards at the end but for more things to learn about intersting chararcters/organisations.. For a better immersion.

- Last year we saw some evolutions of the Halloween festival, new instance, some lore about Joko and the Mad king. Even if its not a big deal, those kind of new content is always very welcome. Festival are getting old too so if we can have new lore adventures it would be great! Idk about lunar festival or Sab but Zephyrite, the Mad King and toymaker Tixx could get more attention for their storys no?

To resume : Use the potential of OW to get a better story density. Oh and a better use of the amazing soundtracks!

Personally, I find it is a stick to your strengths sort of thing. GW2 excels at open world content, so that should be their focus.

While fractals and dungeons are fun, they're not as good as instanced content in FFXIV or WoW. If i wanted my game focus to be instanced content, I'd be over at one of those.

GW2 (team) should focus on GW2. Not in obscure projects ended without result.

Also, as the Manifesto states, the GW2 (team) should focus on players. Because, according to the Manifesto, GW2 is a game made for the players. What is the Manifesto?? I think knowing and understanding the Manifesto should be a focus point too.

Fun and engaging open world maps for me. Anet seems adamant in refusing to replicate the SW map model despite it being the LS map with the most longevity. Actually if Silverwastes and Dragon Stand somehow had a baby, that would be my ideal open world map. An intricate and rewarding large scale meta like DS, that is player-driven like SW with no downtime. Waiting to have fun just isn't...fun. Also it's common knowledge that over the past decade the majority of mmo players tend to do open-world solo content more often than instanced grouping. Anet has found a fun way of combining the two play styles and they should focus on expanding that.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > What, no "all of the above"? Just because I prefer open world doesn't mean anyone else should be denied what they enjoy.

>

> Focus doesn't mean everything else seizes to exist. It's just that they don't get top priority.

To my thinking, that is the way it's been for quite some time -- mostly focused on open world/story, while raids, fractals, wvw & pvp wait for limited development. So what's the point of all this?

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > > @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > > What, no "all of the above"? Just because I prefer open world doesn't mean anyone else should be denied what they enjoy.

> >

> > Focus doesn't mean everything else seizes to exist. It's just that they don't get top priority.

>

> To my thinking, that is the way it's been for quite some time -- mostly focused on open world/story, while raids, fractals, wvw & pvp wait for limited development. So what's the point of all this?

Well a new LS episode every 3,5-4 months is hardly enough considering it's the type of content that majority of the users are playing. Also the quality of those maps in terms of player engagement could be improved.