Let's make GW2 more profitable! Are you ready to support new content with $3 monthly fee?

Well, if Anet did not already know it, people like the FTP and certainly do not want to change it into any sub model. And these are the forum folks, who usually are a tad more hardcore then those that never visit a forum.

If this game gets a sub then I am out. However I am one of those players that loves to pay for utility, and I feel that Anet is not doing enough there to monetize that.

Why can't I get all Crafting licenses on a single character? Would pay gems for 4 more licenses on my Main, in an instant.

Would like more shared inventory slots, would like more bankslots.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

' **Striving for progress and learnt lessons leads to spending money -** '

Until thief and Mesmer are reworked including the removal of toxic bad designs; I will not pay Anet anything

Once again; History repeats itself with more years of repetitive unlearnt lessons of bad designs; No Thank You!!

Good day

We fought this spec today for about 7 minutes; not even the Gods of Meta's- Thief/Mesmer were not able to kill one Elementalist

**History Repeats itself once again**= Once again, Welcome Cele Elementalist!!

'WEAVER IS BROKEN !' video by Cellofrag

ANet just had a huge employee shake-up. We have no idea what effect that will have on the amount they can push into the game (with various unnamed side projects cancelled), nor do we know what kind of profit GW2 was seeing before or what it will see now. This hardly seems the time to be shaking up the funding model. Unless someone has some current, relevant fiscal numbers to throw out that shows GW2 is in financial distress.

I vote None of the Above.

Its funny that people say the gem store supports the game between expansions. Most of the players buy gems with gold, thats not even real money going to anet, not to mention all the free accounts that never buy anything at all. They arent making much there , and if there is no expansions you know why.

But i digress its too late for that, the ship has sailed. They should have made it with an optional sub from the start.

> @"Lich King.1524" said:

> Regarding gem-shop - I pay usually using gold->gems exchange, no need to pay money today. But gold will not support GW2 for sure...

> $3 will work if most of players will pay it.

> I like the idea in general. Let me know these benefits :)

If you play enough to do gold-to-gems, you're also doing your part. :)

You provide value for gems-to-gold for those who bought gems with cash.

You hopefully made all that gold by playing alongside other players, given them an opportunity to participate. (If tp flipper.. boo.)

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> Your post pre-supposes that Anet doesn't know how to price their own product. If you want them to have 'more profit', give them some money. The post is absurd.

Not to defend the OP. But given they don't know how to test their own product why should they know how to price it?

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> Its funny that people say the gem store supports the game between expansions. Most of the players buy gems with gold, thats not even real money going to anet, not to mention all the free accounts that never buy anything at all. They arent making much there , and if there is no expansions you know why.

>

> But i digress its too late for that, the ship has sailed. They should have made it with an optional sub from the start.

GW2 posted 15,699,000,000 Korean Won in revenue in Q4 2018. At today's exchange rate, that's $13,774,000, an average of about $4,591,000 per month. Some of that may have been from game sales, but since it has been over a year since PoF released, most of it was from sale of gems.

If there were no currency exchange, the players buying gems to exchange for gold would not spend that money. There's enough of that going on that, despite the proliferation of gold in game, the exchange inches slowly up over time, but in the short term remains relatively stable, spiking up during sales and dropping back towards equilibrium during gem store dry periods.

Here's another interesting fact. In 2015, GW2 averaged a bit above 20 billion Korean Won per quarter for the first three quarters. HoT released in October at a base price of $50. Q4 revenue was a bit over 37 billion Won. That's not even double the revenue earned in prior quarters when there was nothing for most players _to_ buy but gems.

So, yeah, the gem store does support the game.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Trinnitty.8256" said:

> > If every expansion gets included for paying a monthly fee with the perks to subbing then maybe. If I pay a sub and still have to pay for expansions then no.

>

> The issue with what you’d prefer is that players would sub for a month, exhaust the content, and then un-sub.

yes that is true. The work around would be to have a subscription based on having to pay x months to get credit for an expansion. Or to sell subs at 1 month, 6 months, 1 year. Offer perks within a durational sub. :)

My additional funding was through buying the expansions expensive editions and gems during HoT. Since PoF release through today I have not and will not purchase anything additional because Anet performance in terms of providing high quality content dropped significantly.

I would stop playing the game if they force a subscription model.

> @"Genuinetheo.6591" said:

> I don't think you're gonna get this kinda content for just $3 a month... if you really want to invest in the company, then buy stuff from their cash shop

Why would anyone invest money into ArenaNet after they funnelled the money into projects that have just been abandoned? Trust needs to be rebuilt.

'Free' games with Micro-Transactions are the way forward. You only have to look at the last year of games roundup to know that the games you don't pay for initially are the ones turning most profit with cosmetics and such. I'd be highly surprised if the 'average' player of GW2 doesn't spend more than $3 a month on Gem Store as it stands at the moment.

Personally, as a new player I was attracted to try this game without having to put down a subscription and commit before I knew if it was for me or not. Now a few weeks in, I've already bought both expansions and see regular gem store trips as part of my GW2 experience.

Having said that, if Anet introduced a subscription of 2/3/6 per month. It would not stop me playing the game, even though I am in the very infantile stages of this game. I've already seen enough to know I would happily support the game with a monthly subscription.

> @"Arton Leirra.9760" said:

> 'Free' games with Micro-Transactions are the way forward. You only have to look at the last year of games roundup to know that the games you don't pay for initially are the ones turning most profit with cosmetics and such. I'd be highly surprised if the 'average' player of GW2 doesn't spend more than $3 a month on Gem Store as it stands at the moment.

>

> Personally, as a new player I was attracted to try this game without having to put down a subscription and commit before I knew if it was for me or not. Now a few weeks in, I've already bought both expansions and see regular gem store trips as part of my GW2 experience.

>

> Having said that, if Anet introduced a subscription of 2/3/6 per month. It would not stop me playing the game, even though I am in the very infantile stages of this game. I've already seen enough to know I would happily support the game with a monthly subscription.

Being able to try the game before buying anything was what got me playing too... i was torn between FFXIV, ESO and GW2 - When i tried Final fantasy i got sick of the cut scenes, ESO didnt have a trial so GW2 it was (and the starting experience is great to be fair)

A $3.00 sub would not have stopped me trying the game, £35 quid to try it would have done though...

I would not give a single penny for living story. This absurd commitment to 2 hours of single player content with no replayability every 3-5 months is driving this game into the ground.

If Anet was more willing to deliver group content with longevity then they'd have my full support.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> the players buy gems with gold, thats not even real money going to anet, not to mention all the free accounts that never buy anything at all. They arent making much there , and if there is no expansions you know why.

they most needed part of the game, or you want wait lfg 30 days to find party in dungion and other content ?

If u like do all action solo - may be mmo is not properly selection. People make game more dinamicly and accesible

If cut that part free model it will be die in free space ..