• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > At this point the majority of classes can stealth, often better than Mesmer. The majority have very high mobility. Even the "slow" Guardian moves faster than a Mesmer. The Guardian brings stealth and heavy burst to the table too.

> > > >

> > > Mesmer has great burst.

> >

> > **Mirage** has a mediocre burst. **Mesmer** has practically none.

>

> I watched a **chrono** 100-5 me yesterday on my **prot holo** build, with a paladin amulet. Like hell they have no burst.

>

Ithilwen said Mirage and Mesmer, not Chrono.

> @"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > At this point the majority of classes can stealth, often better than Mesmer. The majority have very high mobility. Even the "slow" Guardian moves faster than a Mesmer. The Guardian brings stealth and heavy burst to the table too.

> > > > >

> > > > Mesmer has great burst.

> > >

> > > **Mirage** has a mediocre burst. **Mesmer** has practically none.

> >

> > I watched a **chrono** 100-5 me yesterday on my **prot holo** build, with a paladin amulet. Like hell they have no burst.

> >

> Ithilwen said Mirage and Mesmer, not Chrono.

>

Yeah, but no mesmer will ever run core mesmer over chrono or mirage. Chrono is a straight upgrade, as is mirage.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > > > At this point the majority of classes can stealth, often better than Mesmer. The majority have very high mobility. Even the "slow" Guardian moves faster than a Mesmer. The Guardian brings stealth and heavy burst to the table too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > Mesmer has great burst.

> > > >

> > > > **Mirage** has a mediocre burst. **Mesmer** has practically none.

> > >

> > > I watched a **chrono** 100-5 me yesterday on my **prot holo** build, with a paladin amulet. Like hell they have no burst.

> > >

> > Ithilwen said Mirage and Mesmer, not Chrono.

> >

>

> Yeah, but no mesmer will ever run core mesmer over chrono or mirage. Chrono is a straight upgrade, as is mirage.

It's _Ithilwen_.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> I don't think you.can just call a profession "ambush-based" for example. This is not a moba, the point of gw2 is that you can play the professions in different ways. There is a big difference between power shatter mesmer and chrono bunker, between fa ele and sword weaver, and so on. Now the fact that thief has only ever been PvP meta with gank builds is unfortunate, but it is a separate point. I also find the irony a bit funny how mesmer is not an "ambush based profession" but it has ambush skills.

Just because mesmer has skills called ambush doesn't make it an ambush based profession. It doesn't rely on ambushing its enemy. It has way too many defensive capabilities to need to rely on attacking without being seen.

Not only moba's use this technique of giving a specific profession acces to stealth capabilities because it relies on it

In any case, either stealth should be only available for thiefs or they should make it so when stealthed, getting hit would reveal you. So that way stealth does not become a mechanic you can use in an active fight but rather is used to surprise the enemy

> @"Snellibee.2761" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

>

> > I don't think you.can just call a profession "ambush-based" for example. This is not a moba, the point of gw2 is that you can play the professions in different ways. There is a big difference between power shatter mesmer and chrono bunker, between fa ele and sword weaver, and so on. Now the fact that thief has only ever been PvP meta with gank builds is unfortunate, but it is a separate point. I also find the irony a bit funny how mesmer is not an "ambush based profession" but it has ambush skills.

>

> Just because mesmer has skills called ambush doesn't make it an ambush based profession. It doesn't rely on ambushing its enemy.

It was just a funny/interesting remark.

> It has way too many defensive capabilities to need to rely on attacking without being seen.

Depends entirely on build.

>

> Not only moba's use this technique of giving a specific profession acces to stealth capabilities because it relies on it

What I mean is that in a moba or other hero/champion-based games (BR, OW, apex, etc) one class usually has a single role. The point of the trait/skill system in gw2 is precisely that you are supposed to be able to play different roles.

> In any case, either stealth should be only available for thiefs or they should make it so when stealthed, getting hit would reveal you. So that way stealth does not become a mechanic you can use in an active fight but rather is used to surprise the enemy

>

Sure, you can have the opinion that stealth should only be for thief, what I disagree with is just the notion that thief inherently is the only profession which has low/bad enough defensive capabilities as to be balanced with stealth, due to the points I've outlined.

I agree that there should have been more of a weakness built into stealth.

wait till you meet a warrior

they can dodge > whirlwind > dodge > full counter > dodge > bulls charge > dodge /dodge again or whirlwind again or just shield block / full counter

the class is basically in invulnerability frames 98% of the time of its gameplay and even if it gets hit it still has demolisher amulet anyway so it's not like its gonna die. And then there's rampage

this game has turned into a complete joke. I don't think the balance team has any clue what they are doing. They don't understand that old patches add up. Warrior was given extra iframe on bulls charge, extra stamina, condi classes were nerfed , mesmer lost its dodges etc

all these things didnt happen over night but over a bunch of silly patches in a few months and now some classes are just broken beyond any reason and there's no more condi pressure in this game to balance things out

Mirage Main complaining about warriors having Invulnerability frames? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yikes, Not to long ago they were beyond busted. Power Mirage in the hands of a great player has an insane amount of invul frames yet the kids who can't play it well complain none stop about Mirage being "weak" lmfaooooo.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> Mirage Main complaining about warriors having Invulnerability frames? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>

> Yikes, Not to long ago they were beyond busted. Power Mirage in the hands of a great player has an insane amount of invul frames yet the kids who can't play it well complain none stop about Mirage being "weak" lmfaooooo.

Kid, why you call everyone kids? What is ya problem kid ? Kids problems aside (im not defending guy above but the way you respond is kind of childish)

How is power mirage is really really good if the only one player play it ? (as I heard in the only tryhard team that left in entire game?) I bet if he would play rev they wouldnt lose anything but gain more from it because I dont think power mirage is THAT great as you trying to make it look.

Its probably has a lot of evade frames from desert destortion but you also have to pick up every mirror and produce clones like insane.

p.s Mirage IS weak

Mes main since release, ignore OP he's just whining. The nerfs are fine, mes is still strong. Chrono burst is ridic, mirage is still nasty, core is even viable when played well. Other things are more OP now and could use scaling back, but overall I actually like this meta. I feel like I can play pretty much any prof and have multiple build options. Why is it bad that you can build most profs into a variety of roles? That was core to the original vision of the game. I don't want to HAVE to play 1-2 profs if I want to be tanky, and 1-2 other profs if I want burst. Sure the powercreep and instagibs and stealth spams get annoying, but that's just what happens when people have been playing a game like this for so long and have figured out all the cheeziest combos. All part of the fun.

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> wait till you meet a warrior

>

> they can dodge > whirlwind > dodge > full counter > dodge > bulls charge > dodge /dodge again or whirlwind again or just shield block / full counter

>

> the class is basically in invulnerability frames 98% of the time of its gameplay and even if it gets hit it still has demolisher amulet anyway so it's not like its gonna die. And then there's rampage

>

> this game has turned into a complete joke. I don't think the balance team has any clue what they are doing. They don't understand that old patches add up. Warrior was given extra iframe on bulls charge, extra stamina, condi classes were nerfed , mesmer lost its dodges etc

> all these things didnt happen over night but over a bunch of silly patches in a few months and now some classes are just broken beyond any reason and there's no more condi pressure in this game to balance things out

Yes , yeeeeesss, let the anger flow through you.

May mesmer rot in heck , forever unplayable with its only reason for existing to supply an endless amount of tears.

Perhaps next iteration in new xpac will not design it as an anti-fun class to play against.

> @"Mathias.9657" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > wait till you meet a warrior

> >

> > they can dodge > whirlwind > dodge > full counter > dodge > bulls charge > dodge /dodge again or whirlwind again or just shield block / full counter

> >

> > the class is basically in invulnerability frames 98% of the time of its gameplay and even if it gets hit it still has demolisher amulet anyway so it's not like its gonna die. And then there's rampage

> >

> > this game has turned into a complete joke. I don't think the balance team has any clue what they are doing. They don't understand that old patches add up. Warrior was given extra iframe on bulls charge, extra stamina, condi classes were nerfed , mesmer lost its dodges etc

> > all these things didnt happen over night but over a bunch of silly patches in a few months and now some classes are just broken beyond any reason and there's no more condi pressure in this game to balance things out

>

> Yes , yeeeeesss, let the anger flow through you.

> May mesmer rot in heck , forever unplayable with its only reason for existing to supply an endless amount of tears.

> Perhaps next iteration in new xpac will not design it as an anti-fun class to play against.

fun is subjective

i found it fun fighting other mirages, i don't find it fun fighting thieves and revenants

i don't get the point of your post? just cause you think mirage isn't fun to fight it doesn't make it so

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > @"Mathias.9657" said:

> > > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > > wait till you meet a warrior

> > >

> > > they can dodge > whirlwind > dodge > full counter > dodge > bulls charge > dodge /dodge again or whirlwind again or just shield block / full counter

> > >

> > > the class is basically in invulnerability frames 98% of the time of its gameplay and even if it gets hit it still has demolisher amulet anyway so it's not like its gonna die. And then there's rampage

> > >

> > > this game has turned into a complete joke. I don't think the balance team has any clue what they are doing. They don't understand that old patches add up. Warrior was given extra iframe on bulls charge, extra stamina, condi classes were nerfed , mesmer lost its dodges etc

> > > all these things didnt happen over night but over a bunch of silly patches in a few months and now some classes are just broken beyond any reason and there's no more condi pressure in this game to balance things out

> >

> > Yes , yeeeeesss, let the anger flow through you.

> > May mesmer rot in heck , forever unplayable with its only reason for existing to supply an endless amount of tears.

> > Perhaps next iteration in new xpac will not design it as an anti-fun class to play against.

>

>

> fun is subjective

>

> i found it fun fighting other mirages, i don't find it fun fighting thieves and revenants

>

> i don't get the point of your post? just cause you think mirage isn't fun to fight it doesn't make it so

And you thinking that it's fun makes it so?