Shoutout to the dev team

I was about to make this exact post! You beat me to it. Kudos to the anet team, keep up the communication. I would love to see you guys adopt a more scrum style work flow like we use at my place of work or if already do bring that to the community side of things as well.

> @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> One would say they're finally doing their job how they're supposed to. I don't see why people would praise them for it.

People deserve praise for doing a good job, it doesn't take much effort to do and it has a huge impact. Positive reinforcement improves quality of work as well. It goes without saying they also deserve fair criticism when things are not going well.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> I was about to make this exact post! You beat me to it. Kudos to the anet team, keep up the communication. I would love to see you guys adopt a more scrum style work flow like we use at my place of work or if already do bring that to the community side of things as well.

>

> > @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> > One would say they're finally doing their job how they're supposed to. I don't see why people would praise them for it.

>

> People deserve praise for doing a good job, it doesn't take much effort to do and it has a huge impact. Positive reinforcement improves quality of work as well. It goes without saying they also deserve fair criticism when things are not going well.

Yeah, it only took them several failed projects, 100 staffing members and millions of our money put into other games (now abandoned) for them to finally come back to Guild Wars 2.

> @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> One would say they're finally doing their job how they're supposed to. I don't see why people would praise them for it.

Developers, well, develop, so they've been doing their job, it's just that some players have an exaggerated sense of entitlement.

On topic: shoutout to the dev team! <3

> @"DakotaCoty.5721" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > I was about to make this exact post! You beat me to it. Kudos to the anet team, keep up the communication. I would love to see you guys adopt a more scrum style work flow like we use at my place of work or if already do bring that to the community side of things as well.

> >

> > > @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> > > One would say they're finally doing their job how they're supposed to. I don't see why people would praise them for it.

> >

> > People deserve praise for doing a good job, it doesn't take much effort to do and it has a huge impact. Positive reinforcement improves quality of work as well. It goes without saying they also deserve fair criticism when things are not going well.

>

> Yeah, it only took them several failed projects, 100 staffing members and millions of our money put into other games (now abandoned) for them to finally come back to Guild Wars 2.

Their staff is probably a bit bigger now. I dont imagine all the people working on other projects left, and GW2 is now their biggest focus. If you were to start doing your job better, wouldn't you like to hear it? Wouldn't you continue down that path? Would you like to hear how bad you were before your change, and how it's about time you started doing your job? You can continue to be upset with the dev team, but that helps nothing, especially when they have been doing a better job. Negativity fuels negativity, and the same goes for positivity.

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> I wanted to thank all of you for the amount of discussion you've been participating in on the forums lately, it's like night and day. I think its had a really positive effect

Still haven't seen a word from them regarding atrocious power-creep issues introduced with e-specs, about core professions being obsolete with most of their skills, about certain classes hugely underperforming due to past nerfs which don't have any sense in the light of current meta (Elementalist/Weaver). Neither they seem to acknowledge it, nor they let anybody know how and when they plan to fix it. So, though their activity on forums may seem greater than before, I don't see them really engaging in meaningful discussions with players on the actual/serious issues at hand which have been there for years. It's still more like "hey, look, we've done that and that, enjoy!" - and that's about it. If they answer to some questions, for a change, it's usually about some trivial matters.