End Game ? Domain of Anguish ?

Joined Guild wars 1 World Preview in 2004, loving the game since then. I did 5000 hours in gw1 , but because job , wife and kids , i only put around 500 in gw2 , been playing more lately and started to watch some streams on youtube , and its now obvious gw2 needs some super hard content ! Arena Net bring it on ! Make that hell theme super hard challenges ! What i see is that everyone is working to gear up for the content that doesn't exist yet. All those long time players are waiting for the end game content. Could be with current GW2 gameplays , super complex and hard metas that require 100s of people , super hard raids that are impossible to beat , etc

I agree this game needs more difficult end game content. Along with harder group content I think it would be cool to have some difficult instanced solo dungeons. Like a dungeon that by completely on each profession to unlock a special skin but takes some serious know how to get through.

I find it intriguing that someone could have spent that much time playing GW1 and 2 and see the purpose of the whole thing as gearing up for super hard content. I feel like we must be playing 2 different games.

One of the things I like about GW2 (and GW1 before it) is that's not what it's all about. You can get to the maximum level and get the best equipment relatively easily and then it's up to you what you do with it. Both games do offer hard group content for those who want it, but there's also a range of other options like continuing the story, open-world achievements (some easy, some harder) and of course customising how your character looks with different skins and other cosmetics.

If you want hard content it's there - raids are basically GW2's version of elite missions from GW1. But there's all kinds of other things to do as well, or instead.

There are raids, there are raids with challenge modes, t4 fractals, t4 fractals with challenge modes. For open world, you have triple headed wurm and serpents ire which need full squads and strong coordination to get through. Neither are really pugable

Hard for hards sake is poor game design imo and difficulty is fairly subjective anyway. Regular raiders will say raids are easy because they can do it easily with the right group. Im sure people were saying the same about DoA and other gw1 areas

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> Huh. I thought that's what raids were?

Raids are 10 people only group, and lack difficulty scaling, so you need to be hardcore and must have other 9 people like you - or no chance for you. That turns them into toxic elitist domain with so many requirements to those considering to participate, that it turns off people.

Fractals are better in that regard, but still there are too few of them, and they are too small, too short. I would really like more huge maps you can explore in OpenWorld, with a much difficult content in it, so that you need to try hard to solo it - or form a small group (2-5 ppl).

> @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > Huh. I thought that's what raids were?

>

> Raids are 10 people only group, and lack difficulty scaling, so you need to be hardcore and must have other 9 people like you - or no chance for you. That turns them into toxic elitist domain with so many requirements to those considering to participate, that it turns off people.

>

> Fractals are better in that regard, but still there are too few of them, and they are too small, too short. I would really like more huge maps you can explore in OpenWorld, with a much difficult content in it, so that you need to try hard to solo it - or form a small group (2-5 ppl).

How would this new "super hard content" be any different than raids or high level fractals? Wouldn't the same "toxic elitists" flock to it as well?

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > > @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > > Huh. I thought that's what raids were?

> >

> > Raids are 10 people only group, and lack difficulty scaling, so you need to be hardcore and must have other 9 people like you - or no chance for you. That turns them into toxic elitist domain with so many requirements to those considering to participate, that it turns off people.

> >

> > Fractals are better in that regard, but still there are too few of them, and they are too small, too short. I would really like more huge maps you can explore in OpenWorld, with a much difficult content in it, so that you need to try hard to solo it - or form a small group (2-5 ppl).

>

> How would this new "super hard content" be any different than raids or high level fractals? Wouldn't the same "toxic elitists" flock to it as well?

Because it will still be a one, solid, huge map you can freely explore in usual openworld manner, and it will be much easier than raids. It should still be solo-able, assuming you use a decent build and play it really well, and should be doable even for most casual players if they will forma a small party (3-5 ppl). So it's very different both from fractals and raids. Specifically fractals are very quickly get old, as they are just static instances not even worth exploring - you just grind through a trash to the boss fight, it's over in 15 minutes. There is no "roaming huge map looking for some adventures" element to it, like on HoT or PoF maps. But problem with the latter is that they are still rather casual. They lack challenge, when current power-creep is taken into account.

> @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> > Huh. I thought that's what raids were?

>

> Raids are 10 people only group, and lack difficulty scaling, so you need to be hardcore and must have other 9 people like you - or no chance for you. That turns them into toxic elitist domain with so many requirements to those considering to participate, that it turns off people.

>

> Fractals are better in that regard, but still there are too few of them, and they are too small, too short. I would really like more huge maps you can explore in OpenWorld, with a much difficult content in it, so that you need to try hard to solo it - or form a small group (2-5 ppl).

First, you are talking about hard solo content where as the OP is talking about extreme group content. Not related.

Second, as for your hard solo open world content, how many bounties have you solo'd? Until you've beaten all the soloable content, including legendary bounties, how can you complain that the game needs more of what you haven't even completed yet?

Make a small squad and run tagless in WvW. It is still possible to win outmanned fights if your group is tight enough.

Without the tag up pugs will not attach themselves, and allow your group to stay small enough for the challenge of taking on those bigger groups.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> There are raids, there are raids with challenge modes, t4 fractals, t4 fractals with challenge modes. For open world, you have triple headed wurm and serpents ire which need full squads and strong coordination to get through. Neither are really pugable

>

> Hard for hards sake is poor game design imo and difficulty is fairly subjective anyway. Regular raiders will say raids are easy because they can do it easily with the right group. Im sure people were saying the same about DoA and other gw1 areas

That's a bit different to me.

In GW1, optimized/speed clear groups would do UW/FoW in 30 minutes, DoA in more time. However, pug groups would still be able to finish it, but it would take 3 or 4 times longer. Thus, you would easily find both speedclear and random teams.

GW2 Fractals are quite similar to me, but Raids lacks a difficulty scaling to me. I'm yet to see any random party going for any single raid, it's only huge party requirements and nothing else.

Domain of Anguish was one of the WORST places in GW1. Not due to content, but due to the fact it brought the worst kind of players to it. It was way worse than the elite missions in Cantha.

The raids in the game are already kind of more along Elite mission status of players. I do not want an area where your class needs to be on the current metabattle build and must bend to the current specifications in order for it to work .

I would be more than happy with something like the Underworld/ Fow type areas instead than something like DOA.

Yeah, I'm not saying it should be like DOA, just some near impossible to beat content, could even be like those world bosses that need over 50 people on open world, ridiculous complex meta events, something for the pve experts enjoy solving, not just monsters with super amounts of health and super strong dps, but combined with super complex puzzles.