Please add dueling hubs

So I know a lot of people are opposed to open world dueling because of possible meta event disruption. Well could we please get dueling hubs at least? Maybe 4 or 5 areas around Tyria that people can go to in the world with friends or alone to duel and watch people duel? Like an arena style place that you can fight and watch on.

6 years and pvp has only gotten one map.. 2 sets of elite specs are STILL playing on the crappy dull gloomy battle of kylo or for fires edge... even coliseum looks average. Please add a new game mode *cough arena ladder/queue cough* but if not, at least add dueling hubs ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> There is an arena in the mists and there is also an arena in the guild halls.

People keep saying that but nobody goes to mists to duel and it's so lame. I want to fight in Tyria where it looks cool and not have to be in party with someone and go to the trouble of going into pvp lobby etc.. same with guild halls. Only guildies zzz

And it's not like it would require constant upkeep. Once it's made it would be permanently stable right? No constant Dec attention required... 6 years... so long... ugh. Sick of kylo. Sick of foefire...

The current "valid" ways of dueling are extremely clumsy and exclusive.

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> There are always people fighting in the arena in the mists

Yes but you get + 2 every 3 seconds and it's not the same. Even the pvp lobby looks so stale and dark and gloomy. Wouldn't you much rather fight somebody in Tyria? Imagine fighting on that plateu in desert highlands!!

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> I play PvP and I am happy with the current system. I like the most of the maps and enjoy it. Before doing duel hubs they should rather invest their time in new PvP maps and modes.

I completely disagree with new pvp maps; modes is the way to go. The 2v2 arenas were so new and innovative and the framework was already there, why they removed it still confuses me.

But yes... as long as eventually we get some form of dueling that isn't so exclusive :/

> @"LaFurion.3167" said:

> > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > There is an arena in the mists and there is also an arena in the guild halls.

>

> People keep saying that but nobody goes to mists to duel and it's so lame. I want to fight in Tyria where it looks cool and not have to be in party with someone and go to the trouble of going into pvp lobby etc.. same with guild halls. Only guildies zzz

I think you answered why they don't have what you suggest, out in the OW. No one would go there. I will also add, I have gone to the mists twice last week, and there were about five people in the arena the first time, and six in there two days later.

##### Previous threads with a similar theme:

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/55950/open-world-duel-option-yay-nay-who-cares

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/67595/can-you-please-add-a-dueling-area-in-this-game

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64324/add-duels-disable-duels-option

* https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20086/your-opinion-on-ways-to-implement-new-1v1-mechanics-duels

Plus: lots of threads in the old forums.

##### Relevant developer comments on open world dueling

tl;dr not working on it now; no plans to do so

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" [wrote in September 2018](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/695146/#Comment_695146):

> I'm not against 1v1 dueling, with restrictions to areas. But as other's noted, to do this right requires a lot of work. (Specified duel areas, a way to change the skill ruleset used based on an area rather than a whole map, etc.

>

> We have so many higher priorities that I can't see us ever actually getting to this in the foreseeable future. Especially as we already have the means for players to create their own 1v1's via custom arenas.

I wouldn't mind dueling hub in open world. In my experience, it was the best place in any MMO to socialize.

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> I would think dueling hubs would bring more toxicity to the game. The map chat in the PvP area is already often very toxic and with dueling hubs you would even have it in the PvE maps.

This is wrong impression, pvp is competitive, hence lost of people taking it with nerves. Dueling is for fun, there might be couple of pinheads but hey 'black list' isn't limited in this game

> @"LaFurion.3167" said:

> > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > There is an arena in the mists and there is also an arena in the guild halls.

>

> People keep saying that but nobody goes to mists to duel and it's so lame. I want to fight in Tyria where it looks cool and not have to be in party with someone and go to the trouble of going into pvp lobby etc.. same with guild halls. Only guildies zzz

So in other words, you want people to see how l337 you are.

Dueling for skill and competition is great, and GW2 offers a number of ways to do it.

Dueling for attention is not.

> @"Neural.1824" said:

> > @"LaFurion.3167" said:

> > > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > > There is an arena in the mists and there is also an arena in the guild halls.

> >

> > People keep saying that but nobody goes to mists to duel and it's so lame. I want to fight in Tyria where it looks cool and not have to be in party with someone and go to the trouble of going into pvp lobby etc.. same with guild halls. Only guildies zzz

>

> So in other words, you want people to see how l337 you are.

>

> Dueling for skill and competition is great, and GW2 offers a number of ways to do it.

>

> Dueling for attention is not.

So how do you duel someone not in your guild?, and the mist arena is total chaos. I would like 1v1 duels also out in the world, people not into it dont have to do it. The arena is not for dueling everyone jumps in. Dueling is different its 2 people that only can attack each other by asking to duel, if one dont want to they just turn off requests. Its a simple concept and it has its uses. For example friends can teach each other how to fight so they can learn how to play against someone in pvp or wvw. Plus sometimes its fun to just brawl your friends. No one would be forced into it, i dont get this hatred of duels. In a game where we murder anything in our path duels are an issue?

And a lot of the stuff people are saying go fight there, thats a free for all. I dont want a ffa but a duel, you know 2 people that can only fight each other.

There is a huge dueling hub, wih 4 servers full of different kinds of duelling, from solo vs solo, group vs group, guild vs guild, and with modes like king of the hill, defend the keep, etc,

There’s also a smaller duelling hub in the mists, in the pvp lobby.

A third option is for you to make your own pvp server and duel with people.

And since the guild halls came, we also have a duelling hub in the guild halls

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> There is a huge dueling hub, wih 4 servers full of different kinds of duelling, from solo vs solo, group vs group, guild vs guild, and with modes like king of the hill, defend the keep, etc,

> There’s also a smaller duelling hub in the mists, in the pvp lobby.

> A third option is for you to make your own pvp server and duel with people.

> And since the guild halls came, we also have a duelling hub in the guild halls

those things not even close to dueling, every minute someone could appear from side or other and join the fight. That isn't what duels look like.

Arena in guild is way too much work.

I don't get why people are agaisnt it? If you don't like it, you don't have to get close to it.

People not asking to add those habs in the cities.

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

>

> > Seriously stop saying theres one in the mists. The mists is ugly and has a bad atmosphere.

>

> But there is one in the mists. You don’t like it? Okay, But that doesn’t change that there is one.

I don't like it specifically because it takes me out of Tyria. I want to scrim in attractive, lore filled locales. Right now we have to go into an ugly set of maps for WvW. I love GW2 but it doesn't really satisfy my urge for open world PvP.

Someone in this thread said they hated in WoW for example where people would duel outside of Stormwind... why? It was a really nice and cool thing to see, in my opinion. Or Alliance/Horde raiding each other's cities. I felt excited seeing that as a new player many many moons ago in Azeroth.