Overtuned Ranger PoF pet (Gazelle)

Kitten.4162

> @Zlater.6789 said:

> Man I've been 1hit ko'd by this so many times that when I see a ranger pull this out I just leave the point. Glad it got nerfed, this pet is still strong and is meta for small hit box cc in place of pink moa. Even in pvp it's still not horrible because it has some pretty juicy cc.

>

> So stupid how people whine about the overturned burst damage of 1 new cc oriented pet getting fixed while there are entire new elite specs that are totally trash and useless in every game mode.

It's not a "cc oriented pet." Electric Wyvern is a cc oriented pet. Gazelle is meant to do damage, and nerfing its damage means the pet doesn't do anything meaningful.

Have you actually tried using Gazelle? It is entirely useless out of the damage from charge and the multi hit bug. The multi hit was fixed, I'm fine with that. But the damage didn't have to be nerfed. This pet is trash now, it doesn't have any burst, unreliable cc that almost never hits, and it can't hit a moving target. Anet essentially made this pet a 3k "burst" on a 16 second cooldown.

Pathetic.

Also, Soulbeast and Renegade are pretty much the most useless elite specs right now. People voted on it. Soulbeast needs buffs and a ton of bug fixes for it to be viable.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > @Miellyn.6847 said:

> > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > > > @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

> > > > > > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > > > > Are people really upset and surprised by this nerf???

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Really?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not surprised.

> > > > > > > This is what Anet does. Heavy handed nerf, without any real fix.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Gazelle with it's unrealiable instastomp was the only worthwhile *feature.

> > > > > > > It wasn't a bug. It was a tooltip fix, ouila.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The fact it hit for over 20k on the initial hit was a problem. As it is right now you can still get over a hit for over 10k.

> > > > >

> > > > > Its not worth the setup now. It averages 3k. Garbage pet

> > > >

> > > > So it went from 20k+ to just 3k

> > > >

> > > > LOL ok sure

> > >

> > > Yes. The damage itself was fine. The bug that caused the 20k+ needed to be fixed and nothing else. But most players can't distinguish between bugfix and nerf.

> > > The bugfix was fine. The nerf was overkill.

> >

> > nope the pet hit for 20k on the initial hit

> >

> > The bug was after getting downed the pet would proc the downed portion of the skill instantly deleting a player

> >

> > To see people complaining about a the much needed damage nerf claiming it's over an 85% damage nerf is pretty funny.

>

> The pet hit for 5-6k on the initial hit. Anything else required a critical hit with boons and damage modifiers.

>

> For the record, it now hits 3k, which is about 2 auto attacks on Electric Wyvern, every 16 seconds. Its trash.

So it was hitting non crit with no damage modifiers or boons for 6k?

Now it can still go over 6K with a crit without damage modifiers or boons.

And now you all say its worthless

You guys really don't see the problem?!!??

The problem is there are classes that hit for WAY more. Most likely, by my guess, if that is beast mastery traited than that it absolutely pathetic damage for a pet.

That also means if gazelle is not traited to beast mastery it is very much doing 3-4k damage at most. In most cases, that is very much useless damage and you are better off absorbing that pet as a soulbeast than trying to use it in any other spec.

I do not agree with it doing damage more than the ranger, but if it is considered a DPS pet and Anet got rid of it's /main/ function as a DPS pet than it is very much a failure. They, once again, screwed up again with new pets.

Also, there are pets that do more than 6k and I don't here anyone whining about them. Canines have a knockdown, smokescale has a shadowstep, Bristol back has a projectile attack that bursts you, and felines slap the hell out of you for more.

Yet, you are complaining about a pet that hits even less than a bronze player who has been blindfolded at their keyboard?

This community blows my mind

> @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> The problem is there are classes that hit for WAY more. Most likely, by my guess, if that is beast mastery traited than that it absolutely pathetic damage for a pet.

>

> That also means if gazelle is not traited to beast mastery it is very much doing 3-4k damage at most. In most cases, that is very much useless damage and you are better off absorbing that pet as a soulbeast than trying to use it in any other spec.

>

> I do not agree with it doing damage more than the ranger, but if it is considered a DPS pet and Anet got rid of it's /main/ function as a DPS pet than it is very much a failure. They, once again, screwed up again with new pets.

>

> Also, there are pets that do more than 6k and I don't here anyone whining about them. Canines have a knockdown, smokescale has a shadowstep, Bristol back has a projectile attack that bursts you, and felines slap the hell out of you for more.

>

> Yet, you are complaining about a pet that hits even less than a bronze player who has been blindfolded at their keyboard?

>

> This community blows my mind

>

Ever since HoT people have been saying ranger pet damage is bull shit. The pet did all the work while the player just survived spamming staff 1.

The fact that was allowed for so long is what truly is mind blowing.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > Now it can still go over 6K with a crit without damage modifiers or boons.

> >

> > And now you all say its worthless

> >

> > You guys really don't see the problem?!!??

>

> The problem is you're literally lying to people who actually play the class and think you're fooling anyone.

No i'm literally restating the facts they type. I'm not lying just restating.

> @Jinks.2057 said:

> > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > @Miellyn.6847 said:

> > > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > > > > @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > > > > > Are people really upset and surprised by this nerf???

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Really?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm not surprised.

> > > > > > > > This is what Anet does. Heavy handed nerf, without any real fix.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Gazelle with it's unrealiable instastomp was the only worthwhile *feature.

> > > > > > > > It wasn't a bug. It was a tooltip fix, ouila.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The fact it hit for over 20k on the initial hit was a problem. As it is right now you can still get over a hit for over 10k.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Its not worth the setup now. It averages 3k. Garbage pet

> > > > >

> > > > > So it went from 20k+ to just 3k

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL ok sure

> > > >

> > > > Yes. The damage itself was fine. The bug that caused the 20k+ needed to be fixed and nothing else. But most players can't distinguish between bugfix and nerf.

> > > > The bugfix was fine. The nerf was overkill.

> > >

> > > nope the pet hit for 20k on the initial hit

> > >

> > > The bug was after getting downed the pet would proc the downed portion of the skill instantly deleting a player

> > >

> > > To see people complaining about a the much needed damage nerf claiming it's over an 85% damage nerf is pretty funny.

> >

> > The pet hit for 5-6k on the initial hit. Anything else required a critical hit with boons and damage modifiers.

> >

> > For the record, it now hits 3k, which is about 2 auto attacks on Electric Wyvern, every 16 seconds. Its trash.

>

> So it was hitting non crit with no damage modifiers or boons for 6k?

>

> Now it can still go over 6K with a crit without damage modifiers or boons.

>

> And now you all say its worthless

>

> You guys really don't see the problem?!!??

No, it can't hit 6k on a crit without damage modifiers or boons. Stop making stuff up.

The pet has no additional ferocity in its stats. On a crit, which has a 1/3 chance of happening every 16/32 seconds, it will hit for 4.5k without damage modifiers or boons.

You know what the best part about this is?

It's irrefutable that the damage on the initial hit of charge was broken as evidenced by the 48% nerf.

I'd have nerfed it by 60% which would have put in line ffor proper balancing in a game, but Anet felt 48 was enough.

We'll see though

All I'm going to say, these particular posts is why we are not going to have proper balance along with other factors.

All that is, is qq'ing about the class mechanic they were given. How about you go whine to Anet as to why they made pets a thing, I'm sure they will love to here more of the salt.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > nerf was needed, only biased ranger mains wanted this not to get nerfed everybody else knew this was broken af.

> >

> > They need to fix the AA from gazelle though, it doesn't do anything literally because it doesn't even hit lol.

>

> "Everybody knew this was broken af."

>

> FTFY

make it AOE auto skill, on this game only AOES work...

> @Jinks.2057 said:

> You know what the best part about this is?

>

> It's irrefutable that the damage on the initial hit of charge was broken as evidenced by the 48% nerf.

>

> I'd have nerfed it by 60% which would have put in line ffor proper balancing in a game, but Anet felt 48 was enough.

>

> We'll see though

ANet has a habit of overnerfing ranger toys. The fact that they overnerfed this one is neither surprising, nor evidence that it was particularly overpowered. How long has power-based ranger been so poor in the DPS department that it's left out of the meta in dungeons and raids? Since launch, if I'm remembering correctly?

> @Jinks.2057 said:

> > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > Now it can still go over 6K with a crit without damage modifiers or boons.

> > >

> > > And now you all say its worthless

> > >

> > > You guys really don't see the problem?!!??

> >

> > The problem is you're literally lying to people who actually play the class and think you're fooling anyone.

>

> No i'm literally restating the facts they type. I'm not lying just restating.

You are literally making up your own dialogue of what you want to hear.

It's irrefutable.

> @"Rap Tiger.1257" said:

> The damage of the pet gazelle is good as it has now and there are people using this pet, all the pets are now balanced and each one uses the pet they want.

It isn't being used for the damage, which is terrible, it's being used for the mobility and the ability to cc people who are stomping or rezzing.

> @"Rap Tiger.1257" said:

> The damage of the pet gazelle is good as it has now and there are people using this pet, all the pets are now balanced and each one uses the pet they want.

The pet does 3k damage every 16 seconds because none of the other skills can hit a moving target. If you do the math, that's a solid 187.5 damage per second. Fantastic.

Its not being used because of the damage, it's being used because of Charge in Beastmode for the mobility, that's it. It's garbage otherwise.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

> > > > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > > Are people really upset and surprised by this nerf???

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Really?

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not surprised.

> > > > > This is what Anet does. Heavy handed nerf, without any real fix.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Gazelle with it's unrealiable instastomp was the only worthwhile *feature.

> > > > > It wasn't a bug. It was a tooltip fix, ouila.

> > > >

> > > > The fact it hit for over 20k on the initial hit was a problem. As it is right now you can still get over a hit for over 10k.

> > >

> > > Its not worth the setup now. It averages 3k. Garbage pet

> >

> > So it went from 20k+ to just 3k

> >

> > LOL ok sure

>

> No it went from 5-6k to 2-3k.

>

> 20k was with a lot of damage modifiers, it wasn't the base damage.

>

> Get your facts straight before you start laughing at people who are right.

Except you are wrong. I've been hit 21k at the start of a fight, at the start of a match.

Wrong, and your easy mode got nerfed. Enjoy.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > > @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

> > > > > > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > > > > > Are people really upset and surprised by this nerf???

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Really?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not surprised.

> > > > > > This is what Anet does. Heavy handed nerf, without any real fix.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Gazelle with it's unrealiable instastomp was the only worthwhile *feature.

> > > > > > It wasn't a bug. It was a tooltip fix, ouila.

> > > > >

> > > > > The fact it hit for over 20k on the initial hit was a problem. As it is right now you can still get over a hit for over 10k.

> > > >

> > > > Its not worth the setup now. It averages 3k. Garbage pet

> > >

> > > So it went from 20k+ to just 3k

> > >

> > > LOL ok sure

> >

> > No it went from 5-6k to 2-3k.

> >

> > 20k was with a lot of damage modifiers, it wasn't the base damage.

> >

> > Get your facts straight before you start laughing at people who are right.

>

> Except you are wrong. I've been hit 21k at the start of a fight, at the start of a match.

>

> Wrong, and your easy mode got nerfed. Enjoy.

I hope you're kidding.

The start of the fight has nothing to do with the amount of damage modifiers on the pet.

Opening Strike, Clarion Bond, Zephyr's Speed, Sic Em, Fury, Might, Swiftness, Bonuses from Bountiful Hunter, Remorseless 25% additional damage, Attack of Opportunity, Pet's Prowess, and Pack Alpha can all be applied when first entering combat, "at the start of a fight, at the start of a match."

So, no. You are wrong.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say "easy mode" either. As if it were carrying me in any way, shape, or form. There's a reason I'm at the top of the leaderboards every PvP season. It's because I actually know how this game works.

Do some research or actually play the game a bit before you decide to call someone out on something that is blatantly correct.

The Gazelle was terrible pet even before the dmg nerf. Sure the charge dmg needed to be changed. But what ppl already don't see is, that the pet is otherwise completely useless as it hit shit with its other skills.

I am just really impressed how they are fast with nerfing Pets. Scourge and Spellbreaker is still unchanged even tho ppl complain way more about it. Their pvp team needs half a year to figure out stuff. And once they do, they will overnerf them so they will be completely useless. Just what they did with Gazelle now. Nothing new here sigh.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @"Rap Tiger.1257" said:

> > The damage of the pet gazelle is good as it has now and there are people using this pet, all the pets are now balanced and each one uses the pet they want.

>

> The pet does 3k damage every 16 seconds because none of the other skills can hit a moving target. If you do the math, that's a solid 187.5 damage per second. Fantastic.

>

> Its not being used because of the damage, it's being used because of Charge in Beastmode for the mobility, that's it. It's garbage otherwise.

Are you feeling bad? And my wyvern using the strongest attack within 25s of cooldown and the second attack that is of 12s takes less damage than the gazelle, the f2 of the gazelle lasts only 20s, of my wyvern lasts 30, the second attack of the gazelle is 8s only, outside the f2 of the wyvern fire that takes a lot in the spinning air.

Still I play with this same pet with smokescale and bristlback or another pet as gazelle being better if I compare the cooldown of skills..

> @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > @"Rap Tiger.1257" said:

> > The damage of the pet gazelle is good as it has now and there are people using this pet, all the pets are now balanced and each one uses the pet they want.

>

> It isn't being used for the damage, which is terrible, it's being used for the mobility and the ability to cc people who are stomping or rezzing.

so let's ask arenanet to give buff to all pets? Because I do not want a pet gazelle taking more damage than the pets I like to use.