War Eternal Teaser

ThatOddOne.4387

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"McPero.3287" said:

> > Kralkatorik dies of bacterial infection. Sorry for the spoiler

>

> I'd buy that in a novel. Or [a radio drama that was promoted as if it was a live news broadcast](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(radio_drama)).

> In this game, I'd feel that it was a cop-out. We went through all the drama of LS3 to PoF to LS4... to the despair of the commander, and it turns out all along we just had to wait for the Elder Dragons to catch the flu?

It would be comedy gold.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> You're not the only one who thought of the Fissure of Woe, but it would be an odd thing to do seeing how [open world zones will always be on Tyria](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/687511#Comment_687511). And it'd be a massive shame to limit the Fissure of Woe to some single player instance(s).

The Fissure of Woe (or a part of it) could still end up displaced in Tyria, though. After all, we already saw similar phenomenons in Jahai Bluffs, even if in a more limited scale.

> @"Manuhell.2759" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

>

> > You're not the only one who thought of the Fissure of Woe, but it would be an odd thing to do seeing how [open world zones will always be on Tyria](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/687511#Comment_687511). And it'd be a massive shame to limit the Fissure of Woe to some single player instance(s).

>

> The Fissure of Woe (or a part of it) could still end up displaced in Tyria, though. After all, we already saw similar phenomenons in Jahai Bluffs, even if in a more limited scale.

>

It'd be more of a copy of the Fissure of Woe, technically. And it wouldn't be the whole zone or all the zone is. Given that, it'd be a weird thing to name the entire episode after. It'd be like All or Nothing was instead call "Keeps and Floes" or something, after Thunderhead Keep and Ice Floes.

LW episodes tend to be named after events in the episode, or a phrase used, rather than the location we go.

Out of the Shadows: The White Mantle reveal themselves.

Rising Flames: Volcano threatening to erupt / Primordus becoming active.

A Crack in the Ice: Braham finds a way to crack Jormag's tooth.

The Head of the Snake: Killing Caudecus, a snake of a character.

Flashpoint: A flashpoint is the lowest temperature when a material would ignite, and we "ignited" Balthazar/Lazarus by unveiling his illusion to reveal his flames (alternatively, Balthazar regained a sizable portion of power at the very end, allowing him to "ignite his flame" once more).

One Path Ends: The White Mantle and mursaat are brought to extinction, completely ending their way, or "path."

Daybreak: After "Nightfall 2.0" (aka Path of Fire) and the darkness of those events, a new day dawns.

A Bug in the System: Inquest base that had been testing the scarab plague.

Long Live the Lich: A play on the phrase long live the king referring to the death of the king, ergo the death of Joko.

A Star to Guide Us: Phrase used by Braham, referring to Blish's sacrifice.

All or Nothing: We gambled everything on being able to take down Kralkatorrik, and failure meant world devastation as we knew it. An all or nothing gamble.

War Eternal would be drastically out of place if it meant "we're going to the realm of war".

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > > > I wonder how would that restore the balance? Sure he cannot threaten the balance anymore, but the balance is out of whack right now.

> > >

> > > It wouldn't fix it, just keep it from getting worse from Kralkatorrik's end. The balance isn't so far out of whack things are irreversible, and even if Kralk's side is never fixed, fixing the others would bring things back to a near-reasonable lifestyle (no less worse than right after Zhaitan's death).

> > >

> >

> > If that is the direction they will take, wouldn't that contradict what we've seen so far in one particular cinematic about restoring the balance? I think the solution should be finding a way to put Kral back to sleep instead of killing or trapping him. The Order of Whispers were pursuing that solution until it was somehow been forgotten. Did the Whispers just gave up on that goal and adopted the Priory's and the Vigil's goals of defeating the dragons?

>

> Trapping him would be effectively the same as putting him to sleep if the trap prevents him from becoming more powerful. Even while awake, he'd likely just slowly burn off energy.

>

> It'd make a hell of a lot more sense than Aurene coming back because she chowed down on a cosmic nothing called Joko, or the idea of killing Kralkatorrik in the Mists would mean his death wouldn't destabilize The All further just because the magic isn't directly in Tyria.

>

I just don't like the fact that the solution is "Dr. Strange x Dormammu" time loop trap. :/

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> I just don't like the fact that the solution is "Dr. Strange x Dormammu" time loop trap. :/

If you get down to such specifics as to utilize that specific of many thousands of time loop examples, then it's not really the same, since Dr. Strange never intended to keep the trap active. It was, after all, merely a bargain. And the Commander would no doubt have no intention to bargain.

>

> White? If you mean the final shot, that's someone riding a gray dragon which has horns on its head. So it doesn't seem to me to be Aurene. The horns look similar to Zhaitan's, arguably; and its skin is gray as well. While the tail is very Aurene-like, the same tail shape can be seen on Vlast's and Kralkatorrik's models.

>

My guess would be it is the mount from this post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73304/new-mount-skyscale-video#latest

> @"ThatOddOne.4387" said:

> https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-09-guild-wars-2-reveals-a-second-flying-mount-a-dragon-the-skyscale

>

> Holding my hands up, I was wrong. That's interesting.

>

> More map info from the video there - Definitely looks like a Maguuma map.

Looks to me more of hybrid between desert and Maguuma maps with some brand in it. Dzalana maybe? It does border the brand and looks a bit greener than the desert. Also I believe that it is a bit mountainous, which is why many harpies live there. Would make sense for dragons to live there too.

Interesting to see that it is an overall mount instead of map-specific.

> @"ThatOddOne.4387" said:

> https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-09-guild-wars-2-reveals-a-second-flying-mount-a-dragon-the-skyscale

>

> Holding my hands up, I was wrong. That's interesting.

>

> More map info from the video there - Definitely looks like a Maguuma map.

The shot showing off the dismount skill is 100% Auric Basin. I definitely recognize that spot as the springs in the northern event chain. ((EDIT: No, nevermind, there's volatile magic there and what I thought were mordrem guard are just earth elementals at an odd angle.))

The rest of the shots look like it's a new map though. It's Elonian design, but near a sea, with branded rifts and Pact equipment. Curiously, you get a brief shot at a red airship which has only been used by the Aetherblades and that one corsair group in Istan (not Sayida's airship which is black). West of Jahai/Domain of Kourna seems likely here, though if this is some sort of "dragon homeland in Tyria" with the Skyscale as I theorize, then eastward would make more sense, going outside of Kourna. But that's not in the game's world map...

Dzalana seems most likely, if not for the seemingly oceanside idea. Leaves me with thinking Scavanger's Causeway area, which is close enough for bone dragons from Orr to be related to the skyscale, but humans would know of dragons there, I'd imagine.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

>

> >

> > White? If you mean the final shot, that's someone riding a gray dragon which has horns on its head. So it doesn't seem to me to be Aurene. The horns look similar to Zhaitan's, arguably; and its skin is gray as well. While the tail is very Aurene-like, the same tail shape can be seen on Vlast's and Kralkatorrik's models.

> >

>

>

> My guess would be it is the mount from this post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73304/new-mount-skyscale-video#latest

It definitely is. Same tail and head.

> @"castlemanic.3198" said:

> > @"ThatOddOne.4387" said:

> > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-09-guild-wars-2-reveals-a-second-flying-mount-a-dragon-the-skyscale

> >

> > Holding my hands up, I was wrong. That's interesting.

>

> I'm just sitting here going

>

> 'DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON'

>

> I'm so excited, this is amazing.

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one!

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > @"castlemanic.3198" said:

> > > @"ThatOddOne.4387" said:

> > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-09-guild-wars-2-reveals-a-second-flying-mount-a-dragon-the-skyscale

> > >

> > > Holding my hands up, I was wrong. That's interesting.

> >

> > I'm just sitting here going

> >

> > 'DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON'

> >

> > I'm so excited, this is amazing.

>

> A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one!

We will watch your career with great interest.

> West of Jahai/Domain of Kourna seems likely here, though if this is some sort of "dragon homeland in Tyria" with the Skyscale as I theorize, then eastward would make more sense, going outside of Kourna. But that's not in the game's world map...

For what it's worth, [it is in the map file already,](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_map_(clean).jpg) just beyond where they're cutting it off right now. Presumably that'd be an easy tweak for them to make if they needed to.

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > West of Jahai/Domain of Kourna seems likely here, though if this is some sort of "dragon homeland in Tyria" with the Skyscale as I theorize, then eastward would make more sense, going outside of Kourna. But that's not in the game's world map...

> For what it's worth, [it is in the map file already,](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_map_(clean).jpg) just beyond where they're cutting it off right now. Presumably that'd be an easy tweak for them to make if they needed to.

True, but they altered the map for the beginning of Season 4 to accomodate all maps so far. So I'm a bit doubtful they'd do so again before Season 5, since they had the whole Season more or less planned out; otherwise, why not just shit the map's size once?

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > West of Jahai/Domain of Kourna seems likely here, though if this is some sort of "dragon homeland in Tyria" with the Skyscale as I theorize, then eastward would make more sense, going outside of Kourna. But that's not in the game's world map...

> > For what it's worth, [it is in the map file already,](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Tyria_map_(clean).jpg) just beyond where they're cutting it off right now. Presumably that'd be an easy tweak for them to make if they needed to.

>

> True, but they altered the map for the beginning of Season 4 to accomodate all maps so far. So I'm a bit doubtful they'd do so again before Season 5, since they had the whole Season more or less planned out; otherwise, why not just kitten the map's size once?

I tend to agree, but to play devil's advocate, we know there was at least one major rewrite since development on the season started. If it turns out that they set the map boundaries thinking that Ep. 6 would wind up being somewhere else, I wouldn't be particularly surprised at the revelation.