Why I Abandoned Spellbreaker

> @Loop.8106 said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > I played SB for a few weeks now, and even though I did extremely well for a full division climb, I am now back to my core warrior build.

> >

> > Here's why;

> > The kind of person who eats my full counter is also the kind of person who will mindlessly spam their hotbar no matter what build I'm running.

> >

> > The kind of person who can outplay or dodge/avoid Full Counter is the kind of person who will render my build useless, seeing as FC is a one trick pony.

> >

> > With my core build I still get reliable kills from bad players/spammers. Because no matter what build either of us is running, they are bad.

> >

> > And against wise players who don't fall for FC, I can mess up anyway because of direct damage and my own sustain. Also people just see war and expect an SB.

> >

> > Too long, didn't read?

> > Gitgudl2p

>

> So you come into every Sb thread waving the Warrior banner high and calling everyone kitten, defending the build and even calling it OP yourself. Now you felt the need to tell everyone on the forums that you changed your mind in the time-span of what? An hour?

> You also climbed a season in the last two weeks, that's an immense improvement of "skill" for such a short time-period. Seems my skill declined since the PoF release, went from 1830 to 1770. Same build and everything.

I will wave the warrior banner into hell.

Nice grasping. I don't use SB because I dont have the patience for it. It does not amuse me. Whybarevyou trying to put words in my mouth when I literally write longs novels just now about how it YES I tried it, yes it works, but it doesn't fit my pkaystyle. I am not not a mid monkey. Sb forces me to be for full effect.

Sucks about your rank. Maybe you need to change your playstyle not your build.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> what if I told you that spellbreaker has all of the sustain tools of core warrior, but with full counter on top.

I'd call you a liar. Core warrior has three critical sustain tools across its three main specializations:

Might Makes Right (Strength) - Evades and healing. Also, either Restorative Strength (For MMR on top of an emergency heal), or Brave Stride (For stability). Strength also provides the warrior's real Killing Power.

The Defense traitline.

Discipline's Brawler's Recovery (shedding condis), and Warrior's Sprint (Eliminating snares that can murder a warrior)

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> I played SB for a few weeks now, and even though I did extremely well for a full division climb, I am now back to my core warrior build.

>

> Here's why;

> The kind of person who eats my full counter is also the kind of person who will mindlessly spam their hotbar no matter what build I'm running.

>

> The kind of person who can outplay or dodge/avoid Full Counter is the kind of person who will render my build useless, seeing as FC is a one trick pony.

>

> With my core build I still get reliable kills from bad players/spammers. Because no matter what build either of us is running, they are bad.

>

> And against wise players who don't fall for FC, I can mess up anyway because of direct damage and my own sustain. Also people just see war and expect an SB.

>

> Too long, didn't read?

> Gitgudl2p

I guess phantaram, chaith and a majority of top tier players also spam their keyboards sooo much because they even acknowledge also that spell breaker is broken.

Just stop defending this bullshit , it's broken and needs some adjustments.

> @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > relies heavily on my enemy being kitten.

>

> Every single necromancer Spec ever..... this is bassicaly the devs motto when designing anything for Necro..........

Possibly, but then again you look at noscoc then you realize the actual potential of necro in a conquest team-based game.

> @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > relies heavily on my enemy being kitten.

> >

> > Every single necromancer Spec ever..... this is bassicaly the devs motto when designing anything for Necro..........

>

> Possibly, but then again you look at noscoc then you realize the actual potential of necro in a conquest team-based game.

And then you look at Toker, Caith, Naru, and Sindrener and you realize how little Noscoc can do compared to his ESL peers on better classes.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > > @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > relies heavily on my enemy being kitten.

> > >

> > > Every single necromancer Spec ever..... this is bassicaly the devs motto when designing anything for Necro..........

> >

> > Possibly, but then again you look at noscoc then you realize the actual potential of necro in a conquest team-based game.

>

> And then you look at Toker, Caith, Naru, and Sindrener and you realize how little Noscoc can do compared to his ESL peers on better classes.

But he won the AT monthly before the last one and has won major tournaments, but he multi-classes mostly now and doesn't always focus on necro , as most players should in top tier.

You can be top tier and play necro and actually win, just need to have a team that bases you around it , much like any class... There's a reason you take 1/2 spellbreakers right now, but you still have to balance your team around that. This is with any top team in conquest. Necro had a role in his play when winning those tournaments.

Also, it's kind of hard to beat the role / viability of thief and mesmer , bringing sindrener and toker into your argument is pointless as , again, besides mesmer there isn't a single class that has as much as an impact as a good rotation thief except MAYBE spellbreaker now , which will obviously be toned down.

Sorry

I have to begrudgingly agree with OP.

It's becoming painfully obvious that people are going to whine until SpellBreaker receives a nerf, or blame the class for a teammate causing them to down by attacking SpellBreakers and setting off full counter, at which point it will become useless against the people actually learning how to fight it right now.

Instead of hoping that the learning curve does not get reset, I'm heading back to Berserker.