Bifrost III Color study not working

* There are six color studies. Which ones have you tried?

* Do you have the paintbrush, canvas, and appropriate color of paint in inventory? (If you have all colors, it might help to make sure the requisite one is "first" in the order.)

* Are you sure you're at the correct vista?

If you've done all that, please take a screenshot that includes your inventory, your achievement panel, and the mini map. (If you can't fit it all, three screenshots is fine.) The forum prefers images from Imgur.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> * There are six color studies. Which ones have you tried?

> * Do you have the paintbrush, canvas, and appropriate color of paint in inventory? (If you have all colors, it might help to make sure the requisite one is "first" in the order.)

> * Are you sure you're at the correct vista?

>

> If you've done all that, please take a screenshot that includes your inventory, your achievement panel, and the mini map. (If you can't fit it all, three screenshots is fine.) The forum prefers images from Imgur.

>

could it be that Im lacking the purple paint on inventory and that doesn't activate the achievement? I tried red and yellow and yes I have the paintbrush, canvas, and appropriate color of paint in inventory, and I was in the right vista

> @"Altion.9576" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > * There are six color studies. Which ones have you tried?

> > * Do you have the paintbrush, canvas, and appropriate color of paint in inventory? (If you have all colors, it might help to make sure the requisite one is "first" in the order.)

> > * Are you sure you're at the correct vista?

> >

> > If you've done all that, please take a screenshot that includes your inventory, your achievement panel, and the mini map. (If you can't fit it all, three screenshots is fine.) The forum prefers images from Imgur.

> >

>

> could it be that Im lacking the purple paint on inventory and that doesn't activate the achievement? I tried red and yellow and yes I have the paintbrush, canvas, and appropriate color of paint in inventory, and I was in the right vista

You "shouldn't" need the other colors on you for the other vistas.

So at this point, take some screenshots with any of the relevant characters and post what you have. Hopefully, it's something simple (and not too embarrassing) and you can move forward right away.

> * There are six color studies. Which ones have you tried?

> * Do you have the paintbrush, canvas, and appropriate color of paint in inventory? (If you have all colors, it might help to make sure the requisite one is "first" in the order.)

> * Are you sure you're at the correct vista?

>

> If you've done all that, please take a screenshot that includes your inventory, your achievement panel, and the mini map. (If you can't fit it all, three screenshots is fine.) The forum prefers images from Imgur.

>

https://imgur.com/crvtTYa

Thanks for the image. It looks as if you're in the right spot

In your shoes, I'd try grabbing purple paint and putting it into inventory with the others.

Some of the collections have a dependency set up, in that you have to do all of X before starting Y, even though it's not explicit.

That said, I don't see any notes on the relevant wiki articles, so ... anyhow give it a try; easier to find out that way.

> Thanks for the image. It looks as if you're in the right spot

>

> In your shoes, I'd try grabbing purple paint and putting it into inventory with the others.

> Some of the collections have a dependency set up, in that you have to do all of X before starting Y, even though it's not explicit.

> That said, I don't see any notes on the relevant wiki articles, so ... anyhow give it a try; easier to find out that way.

Ok Ill try to get purple and try again later, thats the hardest color to get. Thank you!

> Right, the Manganese.

> For coral, I find the easier sources are Bitterfrost, Ember Bay, & Siren's Landing (in that order).

Got all the paints the brush the canvas and its still not working. went to the first place in the list the red color on Mount maelstrom and nothing.

At this point, open a support ticket now, even while you continue working on a solution (and get help or not from others). Best case is: you resolve the issue yourself and can reply to the email, "thanks, I figured it out (here's how...)." Worst case is: you're in the queue and someone at ANet can help you figure it out in short order.

The first good news is: the vast [majority of people who completed Bifrost II went on to complete III](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=bifrost). So there must be some solution.

The lesser news is: you're not alone; [apparently this has happened before to a few others](https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bifrost-III-Bugged-Color-Studies/6056307). The bad news is: I haven't found a response... yet.

I'm posting this now to encourage you to start a ticket. I'm still working on google to find something more useful for you. I'll report back.

Here's a dumb idea:

* Separate the stacks so that you have, in the following order

* Canvas x1, Paintbrush x1, Jar of Red Paint

It shouldn't matter what comes after that in inventory, but you might as well hide the other items in an invisible bag (assuming you have one) or the bank (assuming you already have a portable single- or infinite-use one). Of course, separating the stacks shouldn't matter either; it just falls into the category of "easy enough to try."

For what it's worth, so far I've found two people ... who — unfortunately for us — did not hit any bugs. The first is just a screenshot (looks to be the same location as you) and the second is a video of the player finding the location (apparently, other people had trouble with that). Might be worth taking a look, just in case you see something that looks different from what you are seeing for your character.

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/ADfMy18.jpg "")

>!

> @"Altion.9576" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > * There are six color studies. Which ones have you tried?

> > * Do you have the paintbrush, canvas, and appropriate color of paint in inventory? (If you have all colors, it might help to make sure the requisite one is "first" in the order.)

> > * Are you sure you're at the correct vista?

> >

> > If you've done all that, please take a screenshot that includes your inventory, your achievement panel, and the mini map. (If you can't fit it all, three screenshots is fine.) The forum prefers images from Imgur.

> >

> https://imgur.com/crvtTYa

>

I just took a closer look at this picture and .... where is the paintbrush? I see the boar bristles for making it but that still needs to be crafted into a brush.