Vape Lords?

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I just made a new character, and, as usual, I had to get the guild invite from "The Vape Lords" off my screen. Is this a legit guild? If so why is this guild esteemed enough to have an invite to their guild planted in the tutorial screen??? I am surprised the other guilds do not complain about this guild grabbing all the noobs before they can.

SMH

The Vape Lords must have the largest guild in Tyria by now...

Guilds are account bound, so most likely one member there has made a beginner character specifically to stand in beginner instances to spam invites at new players. That type of advertisement is ... controversial in my book, but I might have too much standarts for the practice. I suggest you ignore, move on, and join a guild that interract with you in a meaningful way before sending an invite, if you want to join a guild at all

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> They could have a person, or bot, set up at the start of the tutorial that just invites everyone they see. It’s not planted in the tutorial itself.

No...this invite pops up in the tutorial of all races, at all times of day...and I am not sure but I dimly remember it being there when I first started the game six something years agl...I am on my third computer since I started.

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > They could have a person, or bot, set up at the start of the tutorial that just invites everyone they see. It’s not planted in the tutorial itself.

>

> No...this invite pops up in the tutorial of all races, at all times of day...and I am not sure but I dimly remember it being there when I first started the game six something years agl...I am on my third computer since I started.

>

you been invited once, open guild panel and decline it or it will pop up every time you change map/character

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > Randulf, Undo, phs, Naxos, Teratus, Ayrilana and everybody else...

> > I feel three pickles shy of a quart, but it is a big relief to get rid of that thing.

> >

> > THANK YOU :)

>

> And there was much rejoicing