Soloing T4 Fractals

> @insanemaniac.2456 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > @Sublimatio.6981 said:

> > > > @Hesacon.8735 said:

> > > > Many fractals can't be solo'd because of their mechanics, for example underground requires at least 3.

> > >

> > > no, you need 2 if you know what you're doing ;)

> >

> > Without skipping or using some consumable, you'd definitely need 3 at a minimum for the switches.

>

> something about using stability so the door closing doesnt interrupt the channel

Holy shit, can it really be bypassed this way?

> @SirPrizeBartSachs.4670 said:

> Holy kitten, can it really be bypassed this way?

>

I wouldn't have guessed that either. And I also expected the Snowblind first encounter to reset when you die. Was quite surprised to see the Elementalist in the video dying a couple of times there and just pick up where he left. Teaches us to make less assumptions and test more instead.

• 3 weeks later...

you can 2 man everything with a thief and a mesmer, even for underground facility and thaumanova reactor. but otherwise, fractals are like dungeons, they scale, so it's soloable. it's just very tough since there are mobs and added mechanics everywhere. and why would people want to do that? xd like it just costs a lot more time than a normal run. it's good for the memes though and i enjoy watching solo players doing that. it's something to give yourself motivation to say you can, rather than blasting yourself and say you can't.

• 6 months later...

I've solod quite a few t4 frac bosses, on Warrior. stopped a while ago cuz of wvw but thinkin about coming back to this.

And ye some fracs are not solo-able due to machincs

``https://youtu.be/LQC0oaE6T7I

``https://youtu.be/g__F_A6i4_M

``https://youtu.be/v3HAj9prTS4

``https://youtu.be/PxuiDDKltPA

> @"Smiggles.6823" said:

> I saw someone claim on old forum that their earth/water/tempest ele with full celestial ascended had enough sustain to solo T4 fractals. There was no vid for this.

>

> My question is is this possible? Does anyone have video to back it up?

>

> If so what was your gear and build?

I have done mai trin with cele ele water/arcane/tempest with runes of durability. No video from that and not gonna do one. Dont know about others, i quess IT IS possible but just takes lot of time (like mai trin)

I did solo almost everything what was needed for and infinitum.

We'll that was a long time ago and a lot changed.

But back in the days I never saw someone soloing battleground.

I did it with Condi reaper.

What I want to say with that:

If you can think of your own builds most fraktals are soloable.

You just need to ask yourself: what do I need for this fraktal?

Cc?

Survivability?

Mobility?

We'll you can't just copy builds from snowcrows for that, that's for sure. You have to use your brain :D

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> I did solo almost everything what was needed for and infinitum.

> We'll that was a long time ago and a lot changed.

>

> But back in the days I never saw someone soloing battleground.

> I did it with Condi reaper.

>

> What I want to say with that:

>

> If you can think of your own builds most fraktals are soloable.

> You just need to ask yourself: what do I need for this fraktal?

> Cc?

> Survivability?

> Mobility?

>

> We'll you can't just copy builds from snowcrows for that, that's for sure. You have to use your brain :D

Yep. You will have to tailor your gear, food, skills, traits, profession to suit that specific fractal and even change things around during the fractal depending on the trash/boss. Snowcrows is basically about maximum damage/group play.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @Sublimatio.6981 said:

> > > @Hesacon.8735 said:

> > > Many fractals can't be solo'd because of their mechanics, for example underground requires at least 3.

> >

> > no, you need 2 if you know what you're doing ;)

>

> Without skipping or using some consumable, you'd definitely need 3 at a minimum for the switches.

you can definitely duo the switches without any skipping/consumables. you just need to know how the gate closing mechanic pushback works etc (hint: stability/distort). as for rifles, if u stand with rifle at gate and /gg the x/3 stays unchanged so you can even solo this.

worst fractal for soloing is chaos because it requires 4 people and i believe this is the worst design for a fractal because it excludes solo players.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > worst fractal for soloing is chaos because it requires 4 people and i believe this is the worst design for a fractal because it excludes solo players.

>

> I think cars are terrible design because they exclude possibility of travelling underwater.

your analogy is inaccurate. if you wanted to make a strawman argument correctly, you would have to compare cars to going by foot.

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > worst fractal for soloing is chaos because it requires 4 people and i believe this is the worst design for a fractal because it excludes solo players.

> >

> > I think cars are terrible design because they exclude possibility of travelling underwater.

>

> your analogy is inaccurate. if you wanted to make a strawman argument correctly, you would have to compare cars to going by foot.

It still would be inaccurate, but thankfully intelligent people will get the point anyway.