Does the cast time of Hundred Blades need to be reduced?

Girth.9731

> @"melandru.3876" said:

> > @"Girth.9731" said:

> > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > use it for downed cleaving

> > >

> > > count dodges, count stunbreaks, use cc, use hundred blades

> > >

> > > no healthy being will not stunbreak after bulls charge, so wasting hundred blades there is pointless

> >

> > Pretty pointless comment. I think most people know how to use hundred blades. Bait dodges, wait till their out of stun breaks, then try to land a nice CC for hundred blades. My point is this; even when we are able to get the CC off, hundred blades will almost never land the last hit. I find I normally can get 4-7 hits off depending on whether sigil of agility is off CD. I think reducing the cast time to something like 3s would be a really good QOL change.

>

> if u knew how to use it, u wouldn't make such a thread

>

> play ranger, use whirling defense then you'll see what it means to be rooted in pace FOR LONG RIME

>

> hundred blades if for downed cleaving, nothing else

>

>

> if you want to buff pve war (lol?) you would need to nerf axe, for gs to be a valid option..not gonna happen

What are you even on about?

First off, power Warrior is one of the lowest dps specs in pve so I can't see how a buff to its damage would be a bad thing.

Secondly, you bring up Whirling Defense but I'm not sure why. I think its cool that Hundred Blade is a high payoff skill if you can use it on a stationary target, I just don't like how the last few strikes virtually never hit, even with sigil of agility.

"hundred blades is for down cleaving, nothing else" Uhm, have you ever played Warrior? Watched any pvp videos? Hundred Blades is a great way to capitalize on a stun, knockdown, or immob. It does good damage, I just wish the skill wasn't so darn clunky. The last half second or so of the casting is almost never going to hit in a pvp situation.

All I'm advocating for is a slight reduction in the cast time so that the skill can more reliably be landed in pvp.

I present you the million stab https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lPk1nPTmE.

The way Hundred blades really doesn't fit the rest of the skills on GS, and most other abilities that lock you in place have some defensive part to them. Shorter cast with more hits (so it does it job of might stacking better) and less damage and shifting the big damage to the big hit at the end would be probably be good, since it is a ramp up it will give something of a warning and a chance for people to dodge in pvp. For PVE not being locked into a place is way better.

No.

Warrior already has a tool which he could use to reduce the cast time.

Quickness reduces the casting time of this spell to 1.75 sec.

Now imagine they will cut it in half, and warrior will be able to quickness it, he will deal 40-50k damage in 0.9 seconds or in your case 1.25 sec. In pvp it would be stronger than whirling axe, which deals similar amount of damage (a little higher) but has the same casting time. You would stun someone for 2 secs, press 2 and evaporate someone.

You cant just straight buff class, because you call for it, think about other classes, who could have pull out 40-50k dps with a one single spell?

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> No.

> Warrior already has a tool which he could use to reduce the cast time.

> Quickness reduces the casting time of this spell to 1.75 sec.

> Now imagine they will cut it in half, and warrior will be able to quickness it, he will deal 40-50k damage in 0.9 seconds or in your case 1.25 sec. In pvp it would be stronger than whirling axe, which deals similar amount of damage (a little higher) but has the same casting time. You would stun someone for 2 secs, press 2 and evaporate someone.

> You cant just straight buff class, because you call for it, think about other classes, who could have pull out 40-50k dps with a one single spell?

I do see your concern. Let me clarify though as I think you are exaggerating a bit here. Nobodys asking that they would cut the cast time in half, that would just be insane. I think a 3s cast time is really where the skill should be, which would make it 1.5s with quickness (still not as good as scepter 3 for mesmer). Honestly, I'd even be fine if they reduced the damage so that the dps stays the same, I just wish it was feasible to land all 9 hits in pvp.

> @"Girth.9731" said:

> > @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> > No.

> > Warrior already has a tool which he could use to reduce the cast time.

> > Quickness reduces the casting time of this spell to 1.75 sec.

> > Now imagine they will cut it in half, and warrior will be able to quickness it, he will deal 40-50k damage in 0.9 seconds or in your case 1.25 sec. In pvp it would be stronger than whirling axe, which deals similar amount of damage (a little higher) but has the same casting time. You would stun someone for 2 secs, press 2 and evaporate someone.

> > You cant just straight buff class, because you call for it, think about other classes, who could have pull out 40-50k dps with a one single spell?

>

> I do see your concern. Let me clarify though as I think you are exaggerating a bit here. Nobodys asking that they would cut the cast time in half, that would just be insane. I think a 3s cast time is really where the skill should be, which would make it 1.5s with quickness (still not as good as scepter 3 for mesmer). Honestly, I'd even be fine if they reduced the damage so that the dps stays the same, I just wish it was feasible to land all 9 hits in pvp.

Greatsword is not a 100% pvp weapon, the same like hammer is not a pvp weapon for revenant or staff on guardian.

Thats a pretty goofy thing to ask, you know this skill is doing hilarious amount of damage and people already are complaining about warrior being stupidly overpowered in pvp, a class that hits like a truck and could stun lock everyone, which is impossible to run away from or to take down due to the heavy armour, highest hp count in the game and etc stuff.

You either walk your way around it or ask for buff, and then got it nerfed and turned your class into garbage in pve, choose one.

> @"KelyNeli.4516" said:

> No.

> Warrior already has a tool which he could use to reduce the cast time.

> Quickness reduces the casting time of this spell to 1.75 sec.

> @"Girth.9731" said:

> I do see your concern. Let me clarify though as I think you are exaggerating a bit here. Nobodys asking that they would cut the cast time in half, that would just be insane. I think a 3s cast time is really where the skill should be, which would make it 1.5s with quickness

Seems like a few people here don't know how quickness works. Quickness increases skills and actions speed by 50%. it DOES NOT reduce cast time by 50% which is something completely different. So in reality the calculation is original cast time x 0.666 so 3.5 sec would become 2.33 seconds, NOT 1.75 sec.

If you can cast something 50% faster than before it doesnt half your time. That would be if you could cast it TWICE as fast as before or 100% faster.

Another way to look at it. Lets say you can attack 8 times in 3.5 sec (100 blades) .

It takes 3.5 sec to do 8 attacks. If your attack speed was 50% faster than means you could theoretically attack 12 times in those 3.5 sec.

So how long would it take for the first 8 attacks to finish. That would (3.5/12)*8=2.33 sec which is 66% of the original cast time.

Now if you said quickness increased attack speed by 100% then you would say you could do 16 attacks in those 12 sec which would give you (3.5/16)*8=1.75 sec.

But quickness doesn't increase attack speed by 100% its 50%.