Portable LUCK compressor

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> since we dont get a luck sink atm how about a LUCK compressor so we can on the go make Legendary Luck out of the common luck

Actually a luck sink was introduced at the Wintersday Festival this year in the form of a frozen Droobert.. I got rid of about 40 stacks of exotic luck that way. I'm sure that there are people with more Luck but there is a way to do something with it now if you can wait for the festival.

You do know what atm means, right? ;)

That sink is 9 months away.

Plus, as I recall, it was a very inefficient process which involved stupid amounts of clicking. I looked at it briefly, then just decided it was too much effort for too little return and left all the luck stacks on a mule alt in the vague hope of a better option arriving in the future.

> @"Vallune.8150" said:

> You do know what atm means, right? ;)

> That sink is 9 months away.

> Plus, as I recall, it was a very inefficient process which involved stupid amounts of clicking. I looked at it briefly, then just decided it was too much effort for too little return and left all the luck stacks on a mule alt in the vague hope of a better option arriving in the future.

at the moment i hope 0 _0

Oha got ur meaning I’m so slow was worry my English was so wrong that I missed the hint :)

> @"Vallune.8150" said:

> You do know what atm means, right? ;)

> That sink is 9 months away.

I did say if you can wait for the festival, right? ;)

> Plus, as I recall, it was a very inefficient process which involved stupid amounts of clicking.

Yes, it could have been more streamlined. I could only handle a few stacks at a time myself. However I did manage to get rid of multiple years worth of accumulation, and I am sure this year the process will not be as annoying because the backlog will be much less.

> I looked at it briefly, then just decided it was too much effort for too little return and left all the luck stacks on a mule alt in the vague hope of a better option arriving in the future.

Your choice. TBH I have things that I find much more annoying. Example: The scrolling list of characters on the opening screen. It is quite annoying to have to scroll through it every time you are trying to find the character you want. With 20+ characters it becomes a real issue. Dumping Exotic luck once a year is far less important to me. Why not put them all on the screen at once?

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > or just turn it into a currency

> >

> > Except that it’s not a currency in that it’s not used as one.

>

> It is used to buy red lantern decorations.

>

>

That hardly makes it a currency. That also occurs at the same time that you can exchange them for silver.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > or just turn it into a currency

> > >

> > > Except that it’s not a currency in that it’s not used as one.

> >

> > It is used to buy red lantern decorations.

> >

> >

>

> That hardly makes it a currency. That also occurs at the same time that you can exchange them for silver.

Everything can be a currency it just depends how anet put it.

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > or just turn it into a currency

> > > >

> > > > Except that it’s not a currency in that it’s not used as one.

> > >

> > > It is used to buy red lantern decorations.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That hardly makes it a currency. That also occurs at the same time that you can exchange them for silver.

>

> Everything can be a currency it just depends how anet put it.

Sure and ascended armor can be a currency too because why not.

Essences of luck are part of recipes so putting them as a currency would not work. You’re more likely to see them go into the materials storage.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> or just turn it into a currency

I want to believe.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/368508/#Comment_368508

This was my situation after 25 days ( 2h/d more or less ) salvaging ( I stopped, or now I would have infinite characters with full bags ).

I consume the normal ones and put the others in bank whenever i reach 250x, then when i want to, i just log the artificier, click on convert everything and do something else.

However, the best way, given the fact that they reduced the runes' drop, is to have an invisible bag ( the last of your bags ) with:

* 10 stacks of common essences of luck

* 2 stack per uncommon essences of luck

* 1 stack of rare essences of luck

* 1 stack of exotic essences of luck

Then clear everything every month, and repeat.

ps: every stack is composed by 1 single shard at the beginning.

**NB: The purpose of everything is not to wait for them to modify the game, but it's up to you to find a shortcut in the meanwhile, which could me days, weeks, months or even years.**

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > or just turn it into a currency

> > > > >

> > > > > Except that it’s not a currency in that it’s not used as one.

> > > >

> > > > It is used to buy red lantern decorations.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That hardly makes it a currency. That also occurs at the same time that you can exchange them for silver.

> >

> > Everything can be a currency it just depends how anet put it.

>

> Sure and ascended armor can be a currency too because why not.

>

> Essences of luck are part of recipes so putting them as a currency would not work. You’re more likely to see them go into the materials storage.

Dungeon tokens used to have the same issue. What is wrong with the solution that was used there?

I think if you right click on of Essence of Luck stacks, undiscovered blues, greens, etc, there is a 'use all' option.

As they are also a crafting material - it would be nice to have material storage slots for each Essence of Luck tier.

For those not using them in crafting but saving them for the New Year Drooburt's Ghost event or Guild Hall Upgrades, having them in materials storage would free up from 1 to 8 bank slot spaces.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > > > or just turn it into a currency

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except that it’s not a currency in that it’s not used as one.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is used to buy red lantern decorations.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > That hardly makes it a currency. That also occurs at the same time that you can exchange them for silver.

> > >

> > > Everything can be a currency it just depends how anet put it.

> >

> > Sure and ascended armor can be a currency too because why not.

> >

> > Essences of luck are part of recipes so putting them as a currency would not work. You’re more likely to see them go into the materials storage.

>

> Dungeon tokens used to have the same issue. What is wrong with the solution that was used there?

Dungeon tokens are not the same as essences of luck.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Make essences of luck vendorable. Simple fix.

>

> EDIT: If someone has been sitting on a 100+ whatever stacks of these things, then they deserve to cash in a lot of coin for that dedication. I don't imagine that describes 99.9% of GW2 players.

There is already a vendor during the Lunar New Year.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > Make essences of luck vendorable. Simple fix.

> >

> > EDIT: If someone has been sitting on a 100+ whatever stacks of these things, then they deserve to cash in a lot of coin for that dedication. I don't imagine that describes 99.9% of GW2 players.

>

> There is already a vendor during the Lunar New Year.

For what can be traded?

Or if you know the name, i can search on wiki myself.