Karmic Retribution as an Item

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > Karmic retribution is not karma itself. It is a buff you will have forever whenever you enter that specific map and it boosts karma gained in said map.

>

> No, it doesn't boost karma gained. It causes defeated enemies to drop karma consumables.

Without the buff you get 0 karma per kill.

With the buff you get x>0 karma per kill.

This is a boost to overall karma gained.

> @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > > Karmic retribution is not karma itself. It is a buff you will have forever whenever you enter that specific map and it boosts karma gained in said map.

> >

> > No, it doesn't boost karma gained. It causes defeated enemies to drop karma consumables.

>

> Without the buff you get 0 karma per kill.

> With the buff you get x>0 karma per kill.

>

> This is a boost to overall karma gained.

Toe May Toe / Toe Mah Toe.

The effect is that you gain more karma, but the mechanism isn't "+5% / +10% / +15% karma gains", which is how I'd normally read "boosts karma gained". In particular, KR doesn't affect the karma awarded for heart completion.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > > > Karmic retribution is not karma itself. It is a buff you will have forever whenever you enter that specific map and it boosts karma gained in said map.

> > >

> > > No, it doesn't boost karma gained. It causes defeated enemies to drop karma consumables.

> >

> > Without the buff you get 0 karma per kill.

> > With the buff you get x>0 karma per kill.

> >

> > This is a boost to overall karma gained.

>

> Toe May Toe / Toe Mah Toe.

>

> The effect is that you gain more karma, but the mechanism isn't "+5% / +10% / +15% karma gains", which is how I'd normally read "boosts karma gained". In particular, KR doesn't affect the karma awarded for heart completion.

Where does it say ~~Karka ~~ karma *gains*?

![](https://i.gyazo.com/f0e0fc046fd5f838bb6aa0105b87c0b7.png)

> @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > > @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> > > > > Karmic retribution is not karma itself. It is a buff you will have forever whenever you enter that specific map and it boosts karma gained in said map.

> > > >

> > > > No, it doesn't boost karma gained. It causes defeated enemies to drop karma consumables.

> > >

> > > Without the buff you get 0 karma per kill.

> > > With the buff you get x>0 karma per kill.

> > >

> > > This is a boost to overall karma gained.

> >

> > Toe May Toe / Toe Mah Toe.

> >

> > The effect is that you gain more karma, but the mechanism isn't "+5% / +10% / +15% karma gains", which is how I'd normally read "boosts karma gained". In particular, KR doesn't affect the karma awarded for heart completion.

>

> Where does it say ~~Karka ~~ karma *gains*?

> ![](https://i.gyazo.com/f0e0fc046fd5f838bb6aa0105b87c0b7.png)

Nowhere. But my statement was that I'd normally read *your* words "boosts karma gained" as meaning some sort of +X% to, well, anything that gains karma (that is, increases - "boosts" - gains in karma), rather than "gives karma consumables when killing foes". Whatever. I think we're in danger of violently agreeing in the end.